Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack callerid spoofer question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trebuin
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Magicjack callerid spoofer question

Does Magicjack callerid spoofer need to be run every boot or can we just run it one and not have to run it again to keep it out of memory?
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject:

The spoofer must be always running while using the MagicJack in order for it to spoof your caller ID.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Trebuin
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject:

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
The spoofer must be always running while using the MagicJack in order for it to spoof your caller ID.

I'm sorry, I should have added more: I actually haven't been using it to spoof, but just change the proxy I use. It usually sets me to use one on the east coast making me to have to go through over 40 servers, by going to LA, I only go through 21. I chose to set the proxy as LA via this tool but do I need to keep it running or should I try another approach? I'm limited to Vista 64 codes.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Depends on which spoofer version you're using. The old version (1.1, I believe) does not set proxies for you. The new one, as I've heard, does. Basically, all it is doing is changing your Windoze "Hosts" file to include the IP of the proxy you use. So, for merely changing that file, I don't think you need to keep it running. But, I'm not sure on that, because it "may" put things back to the way they were before when you close it.

So, for your situation, I'd probably edit the Hosts file myself.

In my experience, usually it's just best to let the MJ use whatever proxy it chooses, when you start it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: