Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack calls out fine but does nothing on incoming calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: MagicJack calls out fine but does nothing on incoming calls

My solution for this was quite disturbing.

When I went to my.magicjack.com to look at the settings, this BRAND NEW MagicJack was already set up to forward calls to another number. Whose it was, I have no clue, but it was in the next area code east of me.

I already have another MagicJack, so I'm sort of familiar with its quirks, but this is a completely unacceptable problem! What if I was 100% new to this? How many long-time customers even know about my.magicjack.com, let alone to check there to see if their shiny new MagicJack is forwarding calls to some other number right out of the box?

Disgusting...
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm dealing with a similair problem. Incoming calls forward to a NY phone number but the website doesn't list any forwarded numbers. This is with a brand new MJ with a VA phone number. I've been trying to convince the bot on customer support of the problem but no luck so far.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Scrambler, just change your #. It is free the first time you change it and $10 thereafter. This SHOULD correct your call forwarding problem, SHOULD Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I'll give it a shot. Ridiculous that you'd have to do that though. Especially without any help from customer support. I finally convinced one tech what was going on but they apparently just left after acknowledging the problem. The chat window has been open for about 20 minutes after they say "Oh now I understand your problem" with no response since lol.
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Worked fine for me. Hopefully that's the end of it.
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Another odd twist. I was trying to verify the MJ with google voice when I discovered the problem to start with. So the old MJ number was still on my google voice page unverified. For kicks I just clicked verify on it again. Bingo the phone rings. I did read the old MJ number is supposed to forward to your new one for 30 days. So maybe MJ is just recycling numbers a little too quickly.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Cool!!! Good job.....
Don't know why MJ support didn't suggest it ( well I DO but I will be nice Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RHDScrambler
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the tip. Yeah support wasn't very helpful. It took about 10 minutes to convince the tech I wasn't running a server. Apparently my browser sent the code for windows server 2003 instead of windows xp.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Glad to be of help..................

Joe Sica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: