magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack can't make outgoing calls on cordless phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Van Nguyen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: MagicJack can't make outgoing calls on cordless phones Reply with quote

My MJ cannot make outgoing calls. I�ve gone through four live chats with Magic Jack totally close to 5 hours total but still no solution. I�ve tried everything, each several times in each live chat and afterwards by myself: Uninstall the MagicJack driver in the Device Manager and re-install it, disable firewall, disable virus protection, enable UDP port 5060 and 5070, bypassing the router, upgrade the MJ firmware with upgrades.exe, etc., to no avail.

My MJ symptoms are as follows.

1. Using a cordless phone, I cannot make outgoing calls, but incoming calls works fine. However if I use a headset to connect to the computer where the MJ resides, then everything works PERFECTLY with the headset. Outgoing calls and incoming calls are perfect. But I don't want to use the headset. I want to use a phone with MJ. And if the headset works, then it means all the settings for the router, firewall, etc. are OK. Then why doesn't it work with the phone?

2. You may say there is something wrong with my phone. I used two different cordless phones and both of them are working perfectly on my landline and Vonage link. They are:

a) PANASONIC Model KX-TG1031B cordless phone (DECT6.0): It is working perfectly on my landline.

b) UNIDEN Model 513C-UC518 cordless phone (DECT6.0): It has been working perfectly on my Vonage link for the last 3 years.

3. So could it be in the MJ signaling protocol that prevents it from working with cordless DECT6.0 phones?

I don't have a corded phone and don't want to use it either. Would you please help if you have run into this problem on how to solve it.

Many thanks in advance,
Van
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GE DECT6 phone and it works with mJ.

Do you have your mJ plugged in with the little extention cord? If so try it without it.

Are you plugged into a front or rear USB port on your computer? Try rear if in front.

It could be that your USB port is not providing enough power to the mJ so you might also want to try using a powered USB hub to plug the mJ into.

Dave
Van Nguyen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kif,
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried what you said, but no results. I removed the USB extension chord, and moved to a different USB port, but MJ still can't make any outgoing calls with my DECT6.0 cordless.

I don't have a powered USB hub, but I don't think it's a lack of the 5V on the USB that causes the problem. Let consider this: [b][i]Incoming[/i][/b] calls to my cordless work perfectly. And for incoming calls, the cordless phone needs a lot of current to ring the cordless. Since the cordless phone rings loud an clear, and the conversation works normally, that would indicate to me that there is enough current from the USB to power all that ringing and voice activities on the cordless. It really mystifies me: Why [b]incoming calls work[/b] whereas [b]outgoing calls do not?[/b]

But thanks for letting me know your DECT6.0 cordless works with MJ. I now think it is my MJ unit (hardware) that is the problem.

Best regards,
Van[i][/i]
Bill Smith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with my Panasonic wireless phone model KX-TGA641, also a DECT 6 phone. Have you tried a wired phone just to see if the MJ works ok with something other than a headset? Borrow one if you don't have one.
03gtcruiser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van, Have you checked the polarity of your MJ?

Maybe my posting can help you out.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=68910#68910
Van Nguyen
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends,

My MJ unit has a HARDWARE problem. Yes reversing polarity or reversing the pins is definitely a hardware issue. I think Magic Jack (the company) agreed with that verdict. So they sent me a replacement unit. I plugged it in and it works PERFECTLY with my DECT6.0 cordless phone. I didn't have to change a thing. Everything just works fine.

Thank you Magic Jack! And thank you all for your support.

Best regards,
Van
bunnyo38
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: How do i change the polarity?? Reply with quote

I cant make calls either, with a cordless or non cordless, every thing else works except i can dial out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: