Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Cannot process payment method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syreah
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: MagicJack Cannot process payment method

Well ive spent quite a bit of time on magicjack liveperson trying to figure out whats going on. I go through the registry screen, and then to the payment screen. I've tried two cards and i keep getting cannot process payment method. There are avail funds on both my cards and nothing seems to work. I've tried the upgrades link they have given me twice. Tried 3 computers. Tried taking the magicjack out and putting it into a different usb. Not sure whats left to do. There is no "Click here to register" button on my call pad. I live in canada if that helps with anything. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrated, and I have a feeling its something really simple ive missed.
bogjudge
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Cannot process payment

[/b]Website will not process my payment for additional time. Tried three credit cards. Cannot get a live body to help from customer service. Tried to add time a few weeks ago with the same result. Tried different computers, masked my IwP address and other work arounds. No luck. Any suggestions?
tater
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem. I tried to renew before the service ran out. Then again after. 2 different cards with no luck.
I tried again today from a work computer again with no luck.
I have had the tech/chat folks on line and all I get from them is,

1. Try a different CC.
2. Your ISP(Time Warner Cable)is blocking me from renewing but they don't know how. Funny the tech/chat isn't blocked and was informed that's differnet.
3. They'll e-mail me when they figure something out.

Seven days and counting. I'm considering contacting TWC and asking them if they are blocking me.
I really like the call quality and the service up til now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
partington
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Cannot process payment method

[quote="Syreah"]Well ive spent quite a bit of time on magicjack liveperson trying to figure out whats going on. I go through the registry screen, and then to the payment screen. I've tried two cards and i keep getting cannot process payment method. There are avail funds on both my cards and nothing seems to work. I've tried the upgrades link they have given me twice. Tried 3 computers. Tried taking the magicjack out and putting it into a different usb. Not sure whats left to do. There is no "Click here to register" button on my call pad. I live in canada if that helps with anything. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrated, and I have a feeling its something really simple ive missed.[/quote]

I know why.

Magic Jack now will not process payment on any card that does not have a US billing address.

I know because I called their billing enquiries phone number.

That's right, no foreign adresses allowed despite their nice pull down menu containing every country's name.

So buy one to phone your friends back in the US when you go abroad and it will become useless without a US bank account!
kaz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem despite the fact that I have a USA account BUT the mailing address is to Australia. They told me to contact my bank and change the address....um HELLO......I'd not get my statements. I even tried using my Australian CC and still no happiness. Then they said to contact a family member and get them to do it, so I contacted my daughter and she gave me her details and so again I tried and still no success. This way the 7th time trying to renew. I have no other complaints about magicJack. But if I can't renew then I'll have to either have my daughter go and buy another one for me and ship it over or go back to using prepaid calling card from here.....
couch-potato
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject:

I had the same problem, but got it fixed, I live in Canada, have a Canadian billing address and this worked for me:

This is the email I received from MagicJack:

Quote:
If you are receiving an error message to "Enter a new credit card" please log into your account at my.magicjack.com, click the "Add Payment Method" button under the "My Account" tab, select the "Add New Address" from the drop down and enter your exact billing address and credit card information.

Make absolutely sure that the name on the card and the billing address that the card goes to are exactly the same as what is shown on the MagicJack account when you enter the credit card number. If not, add a new address. My last name had changed, and the postal code was not entered in the original address information that MagicJack had on file. I added a new address with a different name, and made sure the postal code was entered properly, and it went through.

Note that your failed attempts will be sent to the credit card company, but they should be reversed before you receive your statement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: