Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Device fails - what happens to number/credit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Device fails - what happens to number/credit?

Hi,

I've been using a MagicJack since about when they first came out. My device is now basically dead, and not working. I assume it has no warranty, or it's out of warranty.

I've bought another (actually had it as a backup for some time) and it's never been activated. I haven't activated it yet - want to know what happens to the credit I've got on my now-dead unit (the rest of this paid year, as well as money I've put on the device to enable international calling).
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject:

You're right about the warranty. It ended long ago. I recommend you don't try to activate it until you've contacted MJ Support first. They should transfer the remaining credit to your new MJ, as well as transfer your original number, if you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: