magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magicJack does not allow password changes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: magicJack does not allow password changes. Reply with quote

I just had a chat with online tech support and was advised that once MJ account password is set that in the future you will not be able to change it. Also, your password is accessible to any technical support person wherever that person may be--domestic or in a foreign country.

Not too smart in my opinion! Account passwords should only be accessible to very limited MJ representatives, not the average tech support person. Also, let us change our password at least once a year.

If I'm overreacting, please feel free to chime in.
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that as much as I like my MJ, I would agree. I am an extremely private person and I wouldn't want everyone having access to my password in a day and age where security is a top issue. I also would want the option to change my password in the event something happened. Perhaps someone who has a decent rapport with the folks at MJ can bring this little glitch to their attention and get it fixed.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a convoluted way to change your password

Login to my.magicjack.com
Goto ACCOUNT EMAIL
Add another email address and password
Set that email to account and voicemail (at this point you will now have changed both the email and password for your account)
Now delete the old email
Then add a new email address and password (your old email)
Set it to account and voicemail
Delete other email
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See there fellers.. That's why we all gather around the campfire and eat lotsa beans, so we can hear about a problem and stink about it awhile and come up with a solution, Thanks to laserjobs, you are now secure again..Thanks laser..Cool beans...That was quick and easy.. And It works, I did that about two months ago but didn't realize that I was stumbling around with a remedy to a future problem til you said it.. I was just wanting to change where the VM went, You said that and Shocked That's exactly what I did.. Yep It'll work, I know by accident.. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: