Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicjack does not star with windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocoyanna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: magicjack does not star with windows

as of lately magicjack is failing to start with windows and device manager shows it as an unrecognized usb device. if i go into computer i see a drive h: and if i double click on it magicjack starts.
what is going on?
thanks for the help.
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Unplug your MJ dongle and plug it back in. Mine does that every now and again. Make sure you're plugged into a USB in the back of your PC (as Joe says, it does make a difference), and be sure you're not using that crappy USB extension cable that came with your MJ. Plug the dongle directly into the USB slot.
lostvoyager
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Try this

Find where the MagicJack setup component is stored on your computer and copy and paste it to the startup folder. Restart your computer and that should do the trick.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: magicjack does not star with windows

rocoyanna wrote:
as of lately magicjack is failing to start with windows and device manager shows it as an unrecognized usb device. if i go into computer i see a drive h: and if i double click on it magicjack starts.
what is going on?
thanks for the help.

It is possible the last MJ update messed you up. I would go to the MJ web page and d/l the last update and install it manually. If that does not help, go back to their web page and d/l the MJ removal tool. The next time you plug the MJ in, it will do another update and hopefully fix your problem.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: