Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicjack drive icons missing in my computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jcwilbu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: magicjack drive icons missing in my computer

after the last upgrade i no longer have icons for the magic jack folders in my computer instead i have a cd icon for one and a floppy drive icon for the other and when you click either of them it says (please insert a disk into drive f or g which is the drives for my device hope you can help.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject:

This is normal after the latest update. Nothing you can do

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
satrider
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject:

SHEEZ....Do the jerks at MJ ever test updates before killing our MJ's.. Confused
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject:

How exactly is this "killing" your MJ?? It still works right? I mean mine does, going on 2 yrs strong. Sure they make changes in their updates from time to time. Some are good and a lot are bad ( I.E. June 2009 when beeps were introduced).
Yes this latest update made some crappy changes, mainly not being about to click on safely remove hardware and remove the MJ drives with not first having to stop MagicJack.exe. Also keeping OUR contact list on THEIR servers and not on OUR PC's. Dumb if you ask me.
I am sure they did this and other things in their grand scheme of things that we are not privy too. Maybe they are releasing a new version of the MJ dongle and need all their software to fit old and new. I have no idea. All I know is when I pick up my phone I get a "dial tone" and can make calls that sound as good or better than my landline did. For $20 a yr I can live with some of their dumb ass changes as long as my little blue box still works

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
satrider
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
How exactly is this "killing" your MJ?? It still works right? I mean mine does, going on 2 yrs strong. Sure they make changes in their updates from time to time. Some are good and a lot are bad ( I.E. June 2009 when beeps were introduced).
Yes this latest update made some crappy changes, mainly not being about to click on safely remove hardware and remove the MJ drives with not first having to stop MagicJack.exe. Also keeping OUR contact list on THEIR servers and not on OUR PC's. Dumb if you ask me.
I am sure they did this and other things in their grand scheme of things that we are not privy too. Maybe they are releasing a new version of the MJ dongle and need all their software to fit old and new. I have no idea. All I know is when I pick up my phone I get a "dial tone" and can make calls that sound as good or better than my landline did. For $20 a yr I can live with some of their dumb ass changes as long as my little blue box still works

Joe Sica

Hey Joe your taking the word killing out of context!...Was JK ya know, like a figure of speech!!! Rolling Eyes BUT come to think about it..Most software updates/upgrades usually go to a few beta testers before the final release to the public.
Glad your little blue light is working, but for the larger part of most users it is a daily guessing game and the odds are very seldom in our favor!! Wink
Jcwilbu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject:

yea mine shuts off every so many hours have to unplug then plug back in just to make a phone call
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject:

Jcwilbu wrote:
yea mine shuts off every so many hours have to unplug then plug back in just to make a phone call

You might want to check the Device Manager, right-click on USB Root Hub, click on Properties, click on Power Management tab and make sure to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Do that for all the USB Hubs.

Joe Sica
Jcwilbu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject:

did that still after a period of time it just shuts down and have to unplug replug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: