magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicjack + eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Magicjack + eBay Reply with quote

Why do MJ's on eBay sell for more than they cost at magicjack.com? It doesnt make sense!!

Magicjack.com = $39.95 + 1 year free + 1 free trial month + $5-7 shipping?

eBay I have seen them sell for over $50 just for someone's USED MJ with like 6 months left!

Can anyone explain this? lol
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Magicjack + eBay Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:
eBay I have seen them sell for over $50 just for someone's USED MJ with like 6 months left!

Maybe it comes with a desirable area code or prefix? Sometimes MJ runs out.

Mark
maine-iac
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen several items sell on eBay for more than can be bought elsewhere. Perhaps, they feel that anything sold on eBay has to be a bargain without doing any research to discover the contrary.
murphy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people get engrossed in winning the bidding war without regard to what they are bidding on is actually worth.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maine-iac wrote:
I have seen several items sell on eBay for more than can be bought elsewhere. Perhaps, they feel that anything sold on eBay has to be a bargain without doing any research to discover the contrary.

That's true. I was looking for memory a month ago. I saw an auction for Corsair memory saying it was brand new, unopened "except to carefully remove the UPC symbol."

That made me curious. Searched for Corsair memory and the same 2gig matched pair were selling for $85 with a $40 rebate ($45 total cost plus shipping). This guy was selling it for minimum-bid $55 (plus shipping), and it went for $65 (plus shipping).

Mark
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught up in a bidding war on Ebay for a used talking caller ID desk phone , paid $35 + shipping for it.

Next week found the same phone on sale at Walgreens drug store for $9.99

Boy did I feel stupid ! Embarassed
kps
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Found MJ Coupon on eBay and Saved $10 Bucks Reply with quote

Don't know why people want to pay more then retail, but if you need to purchase why not save $ 10 bucks!

http://tinyurl.com/MagicJackCoupon
stroths

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Found MJ Coupon on eBay and Saved $10 Bucks Reply with quote

kps wrote:
Don't know why people want to pay more then retail, but if you need to purchase why not save $ 10 bucks!

http://tinyurl.com/MagicJackCoupon

They are selling you a coupon from the Entertainment book, Each Entertainment book comes with two of them. I made a post previously here in the lounge about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: