Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAGICJACK ERROR 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agutierrez
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: MAGICJACK ERROR 3

HELLO

For several days my magicjack display the message "please connect to the internet and double click here [error 3]"

i have turned off windows firewall, i have add the ports 5060 and 5070 to the firewall, i ran an update from magicjack page to windows 7. but the error is there yet.

i have reinstalled windows 7 and xp but magic jack display the error yet.

what another thing can i do?

sorry if my translation have some errors.
BlackmagicBoy
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK ERROR 3

agutierrez wrote:
HELLO

For several days my magicjack display the message "please connect to the internet and double click here [error 3]"

i have turned off windows firewall, i have add the ports 5060 and 5070 to the firewall, i ran an update from magicjack page to windows 7. but the error is there yet.

Visit Magicjack chat support
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK ERROR 3

agutierrez wrote:
HELLO

Welcome to the world of MagicJunk. While their scheme of software and hardware causes tons of problems for everyone as you can see from this forum; magicjack continues to force their customers to attempt to use their junk instead of allowing BYOD.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK ERROR 3

VaHam wrote:

Welcome to the world of MagicJunk. While their scheme of software and hardware causes tons of problems for everyone as you can see from this forum

Everyone less one very happy customer. Sorry I have nothing to bitch about since my MagicJunk works perfectly. Used XP for about 6 months and Windows 7 for about 9 months now, and am looking forward to many more months of almost free phone calling with my MagicJunk. I will even probably upgrade to MagicJunk Plus after it's been out for a few months.

As for a constructive answer to the original question. It's possible, agutierrez, that your device has gone bad, if possible you should try it on a friend/relatives computer to double check. It could also be an issue with your router/modem, or even the USB port. Make sure you plug it directly into a rear port without the extension cord MagicJunk provided.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: MAGICJACK ERROR 3

nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:

Welcome to the world of MagicJunk. While their scheme of software and hardware causes tons of problems for everyone as you can see from this forum

Everyone less one very happy customer. Sorry I have nothing to bitch about since my MagicJunk works perfectly. Used XP for about 6 months and Windows 7 for about 9 months now, and am looking forward to many more months of almost free phone calling with my MagicJunk. I will even probably upgrade to MagicJunk Plus after it's been out for a few months.

As for a constructive answer to the original question. It's possible, agutierrez, that your device has gone bad, if possible you should try it on a friend/relatives computer to double check. It could also be an issue with your router/modem, or even the USB port. Make sure you plug it directly into a rear port without the extension cord MagicJunk provided.

Perhaps it is just their quality control......some good and some bad. I have three units. The newest one works fine. The middle one works with difficulty had to reformat it several times to resurrect it. The oldest one is just flat dead.

Mileage varies. But with high quality ATA's readily available, which take all the headaches away; many are still stuck with the MagicJunk.
KGE_Gulfport
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Error 3

I have MagicJack installed on a laptop, and I would get the "Please Connect....Error 3 message when one hour of the MJ booting up. It would stay connected for almost 60 minutes, then the error message shows up. I believe I have solved the problem, at least on my computer. Here is what I did within my operating environment.

First of all, I have both Windows Vista and Windows 7 installed on my laptop. I can boot up the computer within the desired operating system, but the Error 3 message shows up regardless of the operating system. So I decided to change one variable as a test, and it appears to have been the magic cure for me.

My laptop operates on a wireless LAN with my home. My router is located upstairs, and my laptop is in my office downstairs. I decided to take my laptop upstairs and connect via direct Ethernet wire to my router. I used the program "Enditall2" and killed all "non-essential" programs from memory leaving MagicJack and other bare necessity programs running.

I am happy to say that my MagicJack has not seen the Error 3 message for 30 consecutive hours, and it keeps working flawlessly.

BOTTOM LINE: If you are using MagicJack wirelessly on your LAN and you are getting ERROR 3 messages, connect directly to your router, and see if that clears up the issue. Hope you experience the same success as I have, and I surely hope the connectivity stays just like it is for a long, long, time. Friday, I am receiving an HP Thin Client so I will have a dedicated system for the MJ.

KGE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: