magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack error 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ludichris1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: MagicJack error 3 Reply with quote

For at most the past 3 weeks, I have been getting Magicjack error 3 every 15 to 45 minutes. Port numbers are open. Windows Firewall and AVG anti-virus are set to allow magicjack.
Computer Specifications:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4005902
I had added an adapter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998101&cm_re=DVI_to_vga-_-14-998-101-_-Product
A power supply:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339036
And a graphics card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102859
And I also have the Atheros AR5007UG Wireless Network Adapter using USB 2.0, which is using the 2.2.0.27 driver update from 7/29/2008.
HOWEVER, this hardware was installed at least a 1-2 months before my magicjack problems. But, the latest update for Atheros was recent.

All my drivers, to my knowledge (using DriverMax, looking and downloading online, and Windows) are updated.

Could it be a driver, hardware (as in magicjack, computer components, or some internet thing), software, or something else? I scanned for Malware and all there was was cookies. I used AVG and Windows Defender recently and they didn't find anything. Yes, I unplugged magicjack from the USB, and back in (in a different port). The only thing I haven't done is reinstall it, which I have no idea how it really installed in the first place, and I don't know how this could be the problem. And my parents are the ones with any serial or login or whatever is needed to reinstall...

If you want a list of processes, programs, drivers or whatever, I will tell you Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't hurt to un and re-install it. It has cleared up nagging crap for me in the past.

Since their device has already been registered you don't need anything to re-install it. When I have had to do it, I un-install it through Windows and just plug the device back in. It will install automatically.

There is a mjRemover.exe program that you should be able to find a link for either in here or on MJ's site, that if I remember correctly, does a more thorough job of removing MJ. When you plug the device back in to re-install after running it you may need their log-on info, I don't remember.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
It wouldn't hurt to un and re-install it. It has cleared up nagging crap for me in the past.

Since their device has already been registered you don't need anything to re-install it. When I have had to do it, I un-install it through Windows and just plug the device back in. It will install automatically.

There is a mjRemover.exe program that you should be able to find a link for either in here or on MJ's site, that if I remember correctly, does a more thorough job of removing MJ. When you plug the device back in to re-install after running it you may need their log-on info, I don't remember.

I thought yours has been working "perfectly" for years Smile
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap................... here we go again...................
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

I thought you posted nothing but helpful advice?

And I do believe my quote was "near perfect". Sorry you're comprehension and or memory skills are lacking:

Why if I have near perfect performance with my MJ would I consider looking at another system? Especially one that may or may not have one of its rugs pulled out from under it by Google. I could be going from a system I'm happy with to one that I may have to constantly change. No thanks. I'm decidedly happy paying $20 a year for my near perfect phone service.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhh hush up. Cool
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhhh hush up. Cool

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
VaHam wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

I thought you posted nothing but helpful advice?

And I do believe my quote was "near perfect". Sorry you're comprehension and or memory skills are lacking:

I get it your definition of "nearly" means it is ok to have "nagging crap" that must be cleaned up by un-installing and reinstalling a product to work around a flaky hardware/software combination. Rolling Eyes

As a calibration, how many times does the "When I have had to" have to occur before "nearly" is downgraded to almost or mostly or kind of?

How about I just state MJ is nearly a piece of junk, that should cover my bases Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VaHam wrote:

I get it your definition of "nearly" means it is ok to have "nagging crap" that must be cleaned up by un-installing and reinstalling a product to work around a flaky hardware/software combination.

Oh goody. Now you are going to define for everyone what the definitions to my words mean.

My issues with MJ have been almost (want to define that for us as well) all self inflicted. My biggest issues came from signing up for and playing with MagicTalk. At that time I un and re installed MJ a number of times trying to get MagicTalk deleted. And I have played with the 911 button, my sound settings and other tinkering crap that lead me to do system restores or re-installs. So that covers the nagging crap.

As far as un-installing by running the mjRemover, I did that once when I was trying to un-install MagicTalk. Then when I bought the new generation device I played with both devices between my Windows7 and XP computers to test the call difference and did some un and re-installs then through Windows and used mjRemover then as well.

But when I have left the damn thing alone, yes Virginia, it has worked "nearly" perfect, with any definition you want to use.

Carry on with your useful technical posts.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I guess since that's a "useful technical" post, you are leaving it up to us to interpret it.

The yellow pom poms match the yellow in the MJ international call ad on the MJ dialer. So you're cheering that MJ is a great product with cheap international calling rates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: