magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack freezes my computer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cain1977
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: MagicJack freezes my computer... Reply with quote

If I plug in MJ after I'm up and running everything works... but if I leave it plugged in and restart my computer it starts to boot up windows XP and then just stays at a black screen.... anyone else experience this???

Thanks
scott67
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack freezes my computer... Reply with quote

cain1977 wrote:
If I plug in MJ after I'm up and running everything works... but if I leave it plugged in and restart my computer it starts to boot up windows XP and then just stays at a black screen.... anyone else experience this???

Thanks

Hi Cain,

I don't know if our problem is related, but I have been using MJ since november on and off when I need to. Now I have the same problem you do, my computer will not boot up if MJ is plugged into any hub. The only thing I have done is applied the sp1 update to vista. When i dug a bit deeper i notice that my vista sp1 now recognizes MJ as a generic hub on both my laptop and desktop.

Three times in two days I have gone to tech support on MJ and have been told everything from download an update file, move the MJ to another port and disable cookies, all of which I did to no avail. One rep told me to uninstall any roxio applications I may have had on my computer! not likely. I have spent over 4 hours trying to get MJ to work again. Even after waiting for the computer to boot up and then plugging MJ in and hitting the old softphone shortcut, I just get a message, "Warning: you must plug magicjack into USB port." as with any magicfix or upgrade file they refer me to run.

Not sure if any of this is any help to you, but your not alone.

Take care,
Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Tricks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: