magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magicjack Go vs Express - What's the difference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Magicjack Go vs Express - What's the difference? Reply with quote

So, I'm pretty sure my MJ is dying. About to try another LiveChat but I've had my device for years so I can't imagine they'll give me a new one. Not unless they've got some lifetime warranty I'm unaware of.

So I'll need to buy a new one... though out of which orifice I expect the money to pour, I have no clue! But the MJ website confuses me! The two pages for each device is a little different in ways, explaining things differently. It even lists payment options on one device and no mention of that at all on the other! It makes it look like they are different devices. But from what I know of MJ and my MJ plus, I don't see the difference.

So, is there a difference between the two devices other than the initial cost and the fact that you need to make another payment in 3 months to continue your service? .... Do you also have the $5/mo or $20/6 mo or $35/12 mo option for BOTH devices??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sctirvn687
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to live chat on their website and explain to the agent what is wrong with your MJ. They sent me a new one for around $5.00 after a lightning strike killed my old one.
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. They keep giving me the tech support run-around with the "Please plug in your device to the back of your PC so we can update it" -- You mean with the exact same firmware update you used a couple of days ago? You realize if the firmware release is exactly the same, it's not going to do anything different to the device, right? "Please just run the software for me so I can update your device." *sigh* ... Or I get the "Please unplug your device so I can reset your connection" --- The connection has been reset several times. It hasn't fixed it.

It's still got a flashing yellow light on the side after the green light goes steady. It still gets hot after a couple of minutes. They want me to make a couple of test calls to test it. I have to tell them ... quick test calls won't tell me anything. This is a random problem that happens maybe 5 to 30 minutes into a call where it cuts people off. Other problems I have is that it ALWAYS cuts off the first second of audio of every call, but it's always done that. It also randomly will give me "No Line" on my phone display and I'll have no dial tone. But I don't know when this will happen.

I've told them all of this. They want me to test it out for a while and call them back if what they've done hasn't worked. OH, but this last "Superior" tech did a little different thing. Let me open a different post so this one doesn't get any longer.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anjalena
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking to the regular CSR tech person for a little while, who was genuinely nice... he finally sent me to his Superior. She had NO people skills and didn't even bother. She went through the inane Upgrading process again. And then after I told her there was no way for me to test the phone while she was on with me, and she was too curious to know if her solution had worked right then... she decided to check the internal serial number of the device while I had it plugged into the computer.. whatever that means. So she guided me through the steps. (though it seems I understand more about Windows than she does)

So, when I go into the Properties of the device and tell her the serial # of the device that she asks for under the Device ID Path, she checks something and comes back and somehow miraculously knows that there is no problem with my device. Wow! If they have this power, why don't they use that to begin with!?

She wanted to know if I was using a cordless phone system and I said I was. She gave me this list of things to do to reset the device plugged into my system that was supposed to fix everything. What does this list of things actually do?

Here's the transcript of that section of our Live Chat:

Angelica: 1. Disconnect the battery from handset(s)
Angelica: 2. Disconnect Phone Cord from Magicjack
Angelica: 3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
Angelica: 4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
Angelica: 5. Allow to sit for 3 mins.
Angelica: 6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
Angelica: 7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
Angelica: 8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
Angelica: 9. Reconnect battery into handset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
Angelica: 10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base

Anyway, then she abandoned the chat in the middle of me doing it. Figures. I haven't been able to thoroughly test it yet because my best friend whom I speak with the longest is in the hospital again. (he's dying of 4th stage CoPD) So it hasn't been a good night. *sigh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: