Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack going out of business?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donaspromonte
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: MagicJack going out of business?

I have heard a rumor that MagicJack may go out of business. They certainly cannot be making much money at their current pricing structure, and the reliability is not so hot on my computer/router. Any confirmation or contrary information? Question
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject:

No they are not going out of business and the service has never been better. Smile
wipeout97
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I just spoke with a gentleman at ymax when I had serious problems with one proxy server. I highly doubt they are going anywhere. Ymax/magicjack also sells out voip services to businesses under different llc's so they are making a HUGE chunk of change each month outside magicjack. I firmly believe mj was a company effort to use existing voip lines outside normal business hours to give the company a way to utilize off peak hours more efficiently. With that said I have to admit the call quality has gone down hill fast for mj users while I expect it is being pushed more to business users during peak hours. I rarely use my mj anymore and plan to not buy another year when my 1year is up in February.

(2ghz machine + 15meg down 5 meg up + mj = just not worth it imo)
lymon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I pretty much agree with wipeout97, I don't think that magicjack is going out of business anytime soon but, I am only going to renew year to year just in case Wink

On the other hand the performance of MJ has gotten better in my case, since I originally bought it. I'm running it on a 1GB thin client 512 down 384 up. There is not a lot of bandwidth left over but, if no other internet intensive processes are running the calls are crystal clear 99% of the time. If service doesn't deteriorate and price stays the same, I'll keep buying.
ret27m

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject:

over 2 months now and not the 1st hic-up, i couldnt be happier. Very Happy
upthecrick
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject:

My MJ experience has been high and low over the last 6 months...sometimes good and sometimes bad...but I'm wondering if the special they have out now...59.95 for 5 years is just a way to gather in a whole bunch of money before the ship goes down!!! Rolling Eyes
BuffaloChuck
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:

MagicJack is a huge sponsor of an upcoming football bowl game. That musta cost millions but hopefully they'll get payback in volume. I just hope those new volume users don't erupt with volumes more in complaints.
HendersonMike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject:

Why are you people feeding the troll?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: