Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack - Good Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrixIII
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: MagicJack - Good Experience

I have been lurking around this forum for a few days now for MagicJack "Tips and Tricks". In general people will only say something (or write something) if there is a problem, so I would like to share my positive experience.

I have had MagicJack for about 10 months now and have a very good experience. No choppy calls, no major downtime, etc.

Here is my setup (that pertains to using MagicJack).
1. Using Verizon Fios 2Mbps upload
2. Windows 2003 Server with 4 GB of RAM
3. Phone connection routed via internal house wiring as the "2nd line"
4. Cordless phone connected to the line on a different floor.

This is a second line. My first line is Vonage. Now, I am not saying that the MagicJack service is better than Vonage or Equal to Vonage. There have been a few things here and there which needed a [menu]->[advanced]->[Restart Application] at times but other than that I have had no major issues. One time I did have to contact support for something (I can't remember what) and yes you can say that they are not that knowledgeable but I consider myself a more advanced technical user and can pretty much figure out stuff on my own.

So, in my experience the company or service is not 100% great, could use improvements and marketing could be deciving at times but you get much more for the price you pay for. (if you go out $20 does not even cover a good meal these days). When I stay at Super 8 Motel (who advertises comfortable rooms) in Atlantic CIty, I am not expecting the rooms or service to be the same as when I stay at Mirage in Las Vegas. But I still often stay at low priced hotels knowing that the exerience would not be that great.
fulcrum
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject:

Wow,

Not a single reply post since your original in Feb. That means everyone has had big issues with MagicJack.

Also I had Vonage too at $38/month, but Ooma is better as it is free after the initial payout of $200 at Costco (hub only); the quality is just as good as Vonage. So after 5 months Ooma beats Vonage.

Now I'm looking into cheap cell phone services. www.consumercellular.com has low low pricing ($50/month for 1500 mins, add a 2nd line for $10/month to share mins)... that beats my current Verizon cell phone service at $60/month for 500mins shared between 2 lines). No contracts either, change plans as needed, up or down each month. I'm tempted to give it a try.

Too bad Skype Cell Phone Service is not available in the USA (U.K. Only).

Cheers!

Fulcrum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: