Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack has stopped working. I am at my wits end here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rednova
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: MagicJack has stopped working. I am at my wits end here!

Please, I hope someone can help me because MJ customer service has been useless and my mother keeps bothering me about it and I just don't know!

The MagicJack has stopped working since two days ago. That's around the same time we've been getting those MagicJack app ads every time the MagicJack has been plugged in. When I closed that, I just got a whole bunch of nothing. My contacts didn't load and my number didn't show up. I just had the 'please log in' message which always led to the magicjack app page. Which I don't want because I already have a subscription.

I've tried the disaster that is customer service, which eventually ended with them trying to get me to agree for them to have remote access to my computer with me saying that I wasn't comfortable with that and how exactly would they do that (get access)? I got the eternal 'transfer' message in chat, got fed up and closed the window.

I eventually decided to go along with the MagicJack app stuff just to see what would happen. After logging in, I was led to a subscription page. I chose the free option because I wasn't going to pay again after we had just bought the magic jack in March and it should be good for a year. Long story short, I was set up with a different free number than the one I've been using, and an account which is greatly limited. I just want to know if any one else is having the same problems as me and if so, has it been solved and how?

Also, while I'm here my mom bought our jack in March of this year. When I log into the account is says that our license is up for auto renewal on Dec 27th. It hasn't been a year yet so I find that a bit odd.

Please, can someone help me out here?
rednova
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Problem solved! Or so I hope.

Long story short, the MagicJack malfunctioned. After a lot of tech support poking about in my laptop, she finally checked under my dvd/cd-rom drives. MagicJack loaded as USBCombo instead of YMAX or Tigerjet, which are the correct drives. So I'm getting a replacement sent. Hopefully when we get it, that's it. I had to pay 12.95 Canadian plus an 80 cent regulatory fee but if it gets my mom out of my hair I don't care at this point. Plus it's 4 am and I'm dead tired. If I was more alert I think I would have tried harder to get the thing sent to me for free.

So I hope this helps someone out there. Thing went derp after 7 mos of use and cost me sleep and some cash.
krieg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject:

Yes, they do go bad. I had the same problem, but I took my MJ to my neighbors house and plugged it into his computer. The MJ was dead, but the company sent me a new one.
rednova
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, we're definitely getting a new one. Just have to wait who knows how long for it to arrive.
Bartholomew Diogenes
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject:

rednova, I hope you and others with problems call the number, not just use the chat. Direct talk sometimes avails.
Diggs
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Bartholomew Diogenes wrote:
rednova, I hope you and others with problems call the number, not just use the chat. Direct talk sometimes avails.

Since they hung up on you we can see how well that direct line works considering they want chat to be their first line of support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: