Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack help for RTP300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Magicjack help for RTP300

I have been using my RTP300 that used to be with Vonage for Magicjack now since August. I have been using it with very little problems but I am noticing big issues now. I get a lot of static at times (may be eliminated with a new phone gonna try that) but my big issues are sometimes I will call out and the router will lock up. It will show the Telephone1 light flashing and when I hang up it continues to flash and the only way to fix it is to unplug the RTP300 and plug it back in. Does anyone else have this issue?

My other issue is that if I dial 911 I get a busy tone. I would like to be able to call 911 if needed. Anyone have a better dialing plan then mbarlent's dial plan. I like that plan and think it is one of the best but my only issue is the 911 issue. Right now the plan looks like this:
Code:
([1235-9]11!|411S0|<:1311>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0| 1441!|1473!|1649!|1758!|1767!|1784!|1876!|1[26][68]4!|1[28]68!| 124[26]!|134[05]!|167[01]!|18[06]9!|011!)

Last Question as well. What Codec is everyone using? I want to get the best quality and try to make my Magicjack a little more dependable. Figured maybe that is whats causing some of the lockups.

Thank you all in advance
Everton
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicjack help for RTP300

antman1 wrote:
I have been using my RTP300 that used to be with Vonage for Magicjack now since August. I have been using it with very little problems but I am noticing big issues now. I get a lot of static at times (may be eliminated with a new phone gonna try that) but my big issues are sometimes I will call out and the router will lock up. It will show the Telephone1 light flashing and when I hang up it continues to flash and the only way to fix it is to unplug the RTP300 and plug it back in. Does anyone else have this issue?

My other issue is that if I dial 911 I get a busy tone. I would like to be able to call 911 if needed. Anyone have a better dialing plan then mbarlent's dial plan. I like that plan and think it is one of the best but my only issue is the 911 issue. Right now the plan looks like this:
Code:
([1235-9]11!|411S0|<:1311>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0| 1441!|1473!|1649!|1758!|1767!|1784!|1876!|1[26][68]4!|1[28]68!| 124[26]!|134[05]!|167[01]!|18[06]9!|011!)

Last Question as well. What Codec is everyone using? I want to get the best quality and try to make my Magicjack a little more dependable. Figured maybe that is whats causing some of the lockups.

Thank you all in advance

The reason you are getting the busy signal when you dial 911 is that your dial plan forbids dialing 911. Get rid of the " ! " after the " [1235-9]11! ". Should be " [3469]11S0 " and deleting 411S0.

Here is a simple dialing plan:

Code:

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|<:YYY>[2-9]xxxxxx>|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

YYY should be YOUR area code, It will allow for 10-digit, 11-digit, and 7-digit dialing.

Codec wise, you want to use G711u as your "Preferred Codec"
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject:

Thank you. that worked out great. It is all working. My other issue I am running into now is I have a couple of friends that are telling me I have a bad echo. Anyone else having this problem? If so, is it normal? Thanks a lot for your help guys. Smile
Everton
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject:

antman1 wrote:
Thank you. that worked out great. It is all working. My other issue I am running into now is I have a couple of friends that are telling me I have a bad echo. Anyone else having this problem? If so, is it normal? Thanks a lot for your help guys. Smile

More information needed! Do you have echo with all your calls? Are the echo related to specific callers? Are these callers using cell phone or PSTN lines? Are you using headphones? Does the echo exist if you try a different analog phone? Does the RTP300 have settings for:

Echo Canc Enable:
Echo Canc Adapt Enable:
Echo Supp Enable:

FXS Port Input Gain:
FXS Port Output Gain:

Etc., etc.,..........

NO, echo is never a "normal" condition.
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:

Everton wrote:

More information needed! Do you have echo with all your calls? Are the echo related to specific callers? Are these callers using cell phone or PSTN lines? Are you using headphones? Does the echo exist if you try a different analog phone? Does the RTP300 have settings for:

Echo Canc Enable:
Echo Canc Adapt Enable:
Echo Supp Enable:

FXS Port Input Gain:
FXS Port Output Gain:

Etc., etc.,..........

NO, echo is never a "normal" condition.

So far I have only tested with Friends that are using Cell Phones and they say it has an echo. I have a Vtech Digital 2 handset system that I am using and no other phones to test with. I am also not using a headset. I am at work right now but I believe the
"Echo Canc Enable:
Echo Canc Adapt Enable:
Echo Supp Enable:" are all set to Yes and I am not sure about the
"FXS Port Input Gain:
FXS Port Output Gain: " I will check these when I get home and see what they are set to. I was also wondering if the Stun server can make a difference?

Also wanted to add that the Time servers do not seem to update the time. I saw someone else mention something about it in another post and I made sure the time servers were in the System tab but no change. Weird stuff. Thank you for all your help.
antman1
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject:

FXS Port Input Gain: = -3
FXS Port Output Gain: = -3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: