magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Hider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How helpful was this post to you?
This helped me
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
This was not helpful
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

PhoenixCodes
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Hider Reply with quote

So, after about 4 hours of trawling the web, I could find NO way to hide MagicJack on a mac! Due to the extremely annoying nature of it popping up, I absolutely HAD to find a solution... and thus was born THIS APP. I claim all copyrights on the program, however it is freeware for you to download and use. It is not perfect, but it's the best I could whip up currently... Updates may be posted in the future.

TIPS AND TRICKS

• If you are a Spaces user, magicJack must be set to 'Every space', otherwise it will drag you to the magicJack space, even though magicJack will immediately be hidden
  • I do know that magicJack still pops up for <1s - this is unavoidable. Luckily, when it re-hides, the previous application will resume focus - full screen applications should still be in full screen mode as well.
  • To stop auto-hiding, you must click on the program in your dock, then click 'cancel', and then 'quit'.
  • I welcome all tips and tricks on other methods that will make this work better, if you know any... No, I'm not posting the .sh file that the app is using, but it's fairly simple, using osascript, and then platypus to make the .app bundle.
JCA1970
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Won't run Reply with quote

Hi there,

I get an error when running this app.

36:159: execution error: System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled. (-1728)

Is this something on my system or is it the app?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: