magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack new registration process identified

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
los93sol
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: MagicJack new registration process identified Reply with quote

I've spent most of the days looking over what is happening and I am almost certain that MJ is now registering users through RADIUS. Details about how the process works can be found here http://www-rocq.inria.fr/who/Philippe.Sultan/Asterisk/asterisk_sip_external_authentication.html and running sip debug on an asterisk box with a previously working MJ trunk seems to indicate my theory that they are now registering users through RADIUS. Hopefully this will get someone else on the right track to get devices working again even if it is just asterisk trunks. Unfortunately I don't have anymore time to continue my search for the solution today, just passing along what I have found.
j1sjeep
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... Based on the varying experiences of others, I'd agree that there is something other than just sip auth going on. I have devised a way to test it, just haven't had the time. Hopefully tomorrow.
MJuser909909
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Agreed Reply with quote

In running some diags, i noticed a wireshark message with "realm=radius.com" in it somewhere.

My question is why is it only some accts that are affected? Will the be going after all accts soon? Does this process cost them $??
j1sjeep
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Agreed Reply with quote

MJuser909909 wrote:
In running some diags, i noticed a wireshark message with "realm=radius.com" in it somewhere.

My question is why is it only some accts that are affected? Will the be going after all accts soon? Does this process cost them $??

you probably saw "realm=stratus.com", thats been there forever..
MJuser909909
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, your right RE:stratus.com...
vicos
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how would u explain that some MJ still work with ATA, I have 2 that still work and one of then the password not even changed... weird stuff
netdata
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Packetdump Reply with quote

I am looking into what they have done to see if I can help.

My fring failed to authenticate, I go through proxy01.miami.talk4free.com
nothing in my credentials have changed, same username, password
and proxy, no updates have been required in some 3-4 days also.

Some of you guys might recognize me, I wrote some skype software,
and am a member of hofo, ppcgeeks, cellphonehacking, motorolamods,
mobilefile, etc etc etc I have released a few ROM files for smartphones
and have a few years of SIP / telephony experience.

I am sniffing now to see if anything can be done.

(PS I am sonofaglitch aka dtmf for those who might know me)
Anon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ATA working after the initial wave of ATAs going down. They were able to shut me out yesterday 06/13/09 though, if that helps.
fmflex
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: bingo Reply with quote

OK THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR.

Go to:http://voxilla.com/tools/linksys-certificate-authority-service-for-voip-adaptors

you can generate a cert there but when you get to the screen that says install cert instead of hitting install cert (don;t it wont work not for a pap2 at least) go view source code.

Towards the bottom you will see "idcert" and "idpkey"

That's the cert and the private key. Cut and paste it to the ATA. Now from here I'm stuck. It still wont work although it has been reported to work on other boards. There must be some settings that still need to be changed.

I have to go but I'll play around with it later. If someone figures it out either post it or pm me please.
anis_ber
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: bingo Reply with quote

fmflex wrote:

Go to:http://voxilla.com/tools/linksys-certificate-authority-service-for-voip-adaptors

you can generate a cert there but when you get to the screen that says install cert instead of hitting install cert (don;t it wont work not for a pap2 at least) go view source code.

That's the cert and the private key. Cut and paste it to the ATA. Now from here I'm stuck. It still wont work although it has been reported to work on other boards. There must be some settings that still need to be changed.

I have to go but I'll play around with it later. If someone figures it out either post it or pm me please.

what to copy and paste?
the huge code after value= ?
doctorman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: bingo Reply with quote

anis_ber wrote:
fmflex wrote:

what to copy and paste?

does not work
dont waste your time

and he should not have post it 23 times before it works at least
anis_ber
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: bingo Reply with quote

doctorman wrote:
anis_ber wrote:
fmflex wrote:

what to copy and paste?

does not work
dont waste your time

and he should not have post it 23 times before it works at least

so nothing till now?
what about dd-wrt routers, i read some stuff but didnt understand that much
any explanation?
Taken83oveR
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your router is dd-wrt compatible, then chances are its open-wrt compatible.
anis_ber
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken83oveR wrote:
If your router is dd-wrt compatible, then chances are its open-wrt compatible.

i have dd-wrt on my router, what do u mean by chances?
is there a solution now?
Taken83oveR
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means if you have flashed your router with dd-wrt firmware, and all is good, then you should have no problems moving over to open-wrt, if need be.
anis_ber
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken83oveR wrote:
It means if you have flashed your router with dd-wrt firmware, and all is good, then you should have no problems moving over to open-wrt, if need be.

i dont get that
my pap2 has stopped working 2 days ago,
any solution if you have dd-wrt
MJuser909909
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what your saying is maybe the SIP cred sniffer progs could be updated to show the cert info and that info could be put into the pap2 under line1/2-mini cert/private key fields?

Sounds good! Lets hope thats it
pancho1950
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Agreed Reply with quote

MJuser909909 wrote:

stratus.com is a domain controlled by two nameservers at stratus.com themselves. They are on different IP networks. Incoming mail for stratus.com is handled by five mailservers having a total of six IP numbers. Some of them are on the same IP network. stratus.com has one IP record. vos.com, stte.com, pman3.com, openvos.com, stratusu.com and at least 16 other hosts share nameservers with this domain. cemprus.com, ecacsupport.com, mailtest.stratus.com and emergent-netsolutions.com share mailservers with this domain. my.stratus.com, fr.stratus.com, de.stratus.com, au.stratus.com, ru.stratus.com and at least 68 other hosts are subdomains to this hostname. com is a domain controlled by 13 nameservers at gtld-servers.net. All of them are on different IP networks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: