magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Plus drops outevery 24 hours or so. Century Link R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crlewis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: MagicJack Plus drops outevery 24 hours or so. Century Link R Reply with quote

Hello, Every 24 hrs. or about, my MJ Plus goes dead. It is connected via Technicolor C2000T router from centurylink/Prism. They just put this router in a few weeks ago. After some research on this and other site's, it suggest I need to change some settings in the router. Does anybody know where I can go to to get the proper settings. I've been on Mj's chat line and it seems we always get disconnected while trying to transfer me to another Technician. The MJ plus is also WI-FI, the new one.
GrahamH1947
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the newer 2014 MJ plus and had the same problem while on vacation in Mexico recently. Since last June the unit has been operating faultlessly when connected to my Linksys wireless router connected through a Motorola cable modem. However the router I was using in Mexico was a DSL router which only delivers 3mbps of download speed and very poor 100kbps of upload. What I did was to reboot the router and leave it off for several minutes. Disconnect the MJ Ethernet cord from the router. For good measure I also changed the USB adapter and replaced it with my iPhone adaptor. I then powered everything up again starting with the router then the MJ. I was able to Maintain a connection for over 10 days before it went to the 3002 error message again. I am now back home and have no problems. If your problem persists after trying the above, I would suspect that you need a different wireless router. You could also try port forwarding the settings on your router. There are instructions on the Internet for doing this on your particular model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: