magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Softphone/programs without the USB drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnimsh
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: MagicJack Softphone/programs without the USB drive Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if it would be possible for someone to copy off the MJ exe from their device and upload it for others to download and use? As seen in one of my previous posts, my MJ is not working. I've tried running the softphone stored in the documents and settings\user folder but that also does not work, something about needing to have the MJ installed. At this point I'm not sure but I've been told that the MJ softphone has better call quality than other softphones, so I thought I'd ask.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnimsh,

You are probably going to have trouble finding anyone willing to give you files from their MJ. I don't think anyone really knows where and in what file their personal information lives.

Also I am reasonably sure that none of the MJ software will run without the MJ unit plugged in if that is what your are trying to do.

They would be just giving their software away for free is it would work without the MJ in place. A lot of the bluetooth dongles work the same way their software will not work without their hardware device in place.
gnimsh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I figured the storing of the address book would be the biggest hurdle in doing something like this...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
digitalnomad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree that MJ has to be plugged in and reboot every time. No device...no worky. That is based on my personal experience and from what I have read on this forum.

Otherwise, there would be no point to having a dongle, if MJ software was independent of the device. I don't believe all of the necessary software resides on your computer either. It somehow interfaces with their server software. Read about TigerJet at http://www.tjnet.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: