magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicJack Tech Support Link

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cave_man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate to highjack but how do you just order service, i have a new jack but they wanna sell me one in all the links i use. i just wanna give em the cash (credit card) and have the service. thanks......
xXBringItXx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Tech Chat Reply with quote

They are actually pretty good and seem to know thier way around computers very well. I never have to wait and they are always courteous.
albo_g
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sucks that they are doing maintance

now how am i supposed to change my voicemail email?
lbbp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Link doesn't work Reply with quote

What a surprise. I go to the Tech link and the site isn't working. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
toddlorensinclair
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitalnomad wrote:
I think at this point, it is best to use MJ as a back up, or make sure you haveanother VoIP service when MJ serivce is down.

I like JAJAH because it also uses a regular phone, but you can also use a cell phone, and you don't need to be near a computer.

Combine all 3 with a GrandCentral Number.

Ive been using magicjack for more than 5 years and never had an issue ...
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddlorensinclair wrote:
digitalnomad wrote:
I think at this point, it is best to use MJ as a back up, or make sure you haveanother VoIP service when MJ serivce is down.

I like JAJAH because it also uses a regular phone, but you can also use a cell phone, and you don't need to be near a computer.

More than five years?? Really?? How was the quality of service back in late 2004/early 2005?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New math????????????

Flux capacitor?????

Smile

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zippppy1
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack support sucks unless it is a simple cure Reply with quote

I love the MJ. had one for a year.
very few problems.
Originally, it would cut me off after talking an hr. so I chatted with them.
reinstalled and didn't have that trouble until I talked for about 2 hrs. then it cut me off... reconnecting lt me get several busy signals and evenatually worked again. so ... I chatted with them... and they "helped" but ... it still did the same thing after 2hr.
Then I paid for another year... seemed like after that things were getting glitchy. and acting up.
then It wouldn't start up properly ... so I chatted again... they offerd remoted in and "fixed" stuff.... DON'T LET THEM .
I didn't as Dell did that and eventually I crashed.
so it took longer and I tried all kinds of thing slight of getting into the registry ( don't do that eiher) over several day and almost 4 hrs of chatting ... nothing wass getting better. they finally told me to buy another MJ... excuse me... they offered me a free one for s&H of $10. asked them if I could just go to the store and get one... they said sure... but you have to pay the $40. I thought I might ask them for a refund and bag it then decided to let it ride.

I took it to another comptuer... before plugging it in.. I opened mycomputer and the task manager so I could view them both. plugged it in. MJ loaded, created the 2 drives... and worked... so it was not the MJ.. but something messed up on the computer. and their support only made it worse. I also set the virus checkers to a slightly less secure setting to see if that helped.

then, I shut it down, unplug mj rebooted and plugged in mj and it worked.

Went to my computer ran my easyclean program ( deleted cookies and temp internet file) ran the mjremove program MJ keeps sending me ( I have it on my computer so I don't keep downloading it)
then hit run and typed application data made sure the MJ folder was gone... searched my entire hard drive for Majic and found only a few prefetch files listed and Icons that weren't directly involved with MJ loading.

rebooted and instead of plugging into my comptuer I plugged mj into my monitor.. it loaded and worked. rebooted.. removed mj before rebooting... then plugged it in where it was... and all is well.
hope this helps.. it wasn't worth the time spent with chat support

they don't know anything except what there cheat sheet book says in front of tehm

if the assure you somthing will work... ignore them
if the say they will email you.... they lie

If they drop you from the chat.. you cannot get the same person back... even if they tell you to ask for them.

if they give you a phone number that works... let us know..

and if the tell you after it is working, to call someone with mj to see if it works... isn't it oddd... they cannot call you or you call them... you now.. if they did , the caller id would let you know their number hehe.

oh well.
hope this helps
bluefish0222
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikeMagic wrote:
QuiGonJohn wrote:
Thanks Dan. What is SIP? I've seen this mentioned, and a possible router setting when one has problems. So it might be helpful to know what that is as well.

Who's Dan? Rolling Eyes

SIP = Session initiated protocol, a standard method to do call setup (signaling) and delivery over the internet. Most VOIP service providers (including MJ) use SIP method.

Some newer routers support ALGs (application layer gateway). ALGs are special embedded functions to help make routers more friendly to users. For example, VoIP/SIP ALG in the router would help open/close SIP ports (5060/5070) as needed. QoS (quality of service) ALG would give higher priority to VoIP traffic, online games, etc over normal internet traffic (http, ftp, etc).

Some routers make these ALGs selectable, you could turn these ALGs on or off as needed. Other routers may only provide ALGs automatically without requiring user's manual settings.

LM(not Dan Very Happy )
I chat with MJ online service for five days now and the last one they told me to contact my ISP(currently located overseas)) and ask them to allow MJ to conect and creat or open 5060/5070 SIP port with UDC. I was about to do that when I either miraculously or accedentally Very Happy (LUCKY ME)read your post about 5060/5070. Do you think this will help solve the problem of my MJ that since I received it six days ago I still can't make a phone call. There is a dial tone and the people that I am calling gets the call but when they picked it up we can't hear anything. They returned my calls, my MJ rings but when I picked up the phone nothing in there...please advice....
TaLBoG
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Link doesn't work Reply with quote

lbbp wrote:
What a surprise. I go to the Tech link and the site isn't working. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

same here... the link for magicjack tech chat is not working for me either.
Mimon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: chat"help"link Reply with quote

here's the link for those who are gluttons for punishment
http://service.liveperson.net/hc/61732089/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=61732089&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haileselassieI wrote:
jastin wer r u?

Probably in hiding till you learn to type in English........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
toddlorensinclair wrote:
digitalnomad wrote:

More than five years?? Really?? How was the quality of service back in late 2004/early 2005?

I'd like to know too Rolling Eyes
angelbaby6712010
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: i need help to downland magic jack Reply with quote

i hope someone can help me to get my phone working it a magic jack i am unable to even call out it show an error 6 message so i took it all out so if you can get me with the right person to do this it would so helpful
pancho1950
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: i need help to downland magic jack Reply with quote

angelbaby6712010 wrote:
i hope someone can help me to get my phone working it a magic jack i am unable to even call out it show an error 6 message so i took it all out so if you can get me with the right person to do this it would so helpful

You may try this link

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magicjack50831.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: