magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Majic Jack Plus pluged in the computer???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1ASS
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Majic Jack Plus pluged in the computer??????? Reply with quote

When I have it connected to the router it works great,but when I have it connected in the USB( I have tried all 6 of them) of the computer it's running about 50% less audio only from listening to the party that I am talking too.The hear me fine on the other end.Any help would be very helpful.Thank you.Bill. Sad
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your computer is overworked and cannot afford to devote the resources MJ needs to operate properly.

There is no way to tell which particular resource your PC is deficient in without investigation. Your USB ports may be underpowered or may unable to negotiate power level properly. Your network interface may be congested. If your network interface is wireless the wireless interface may be congested or may be constrained to work at a suboptimal speed by other devices in the network. Your PC's memory might be over-occupied if you have too many programs open at one time. Your PC's processor may be overworked if you are doing something processor intensive.

Since you report that the MJ+ works well when network connected directly to your router, your deficiency is apparently not in your router or your internet service, but somewhere downstream of your router. I wish I could give more specific guidance, but you provided only the barest minimum of details in your posting. If you care to divulge your symptoms in more detail I am sure someone here can give a more detailed response.
N1ASS
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a AMD 8150 3.60 ghz 8 core 64 bit windows 7 with 8gb of ram and the processor is running at about 8%.I don't run games or anything else. Sad
N1ASS
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Help????? Reply with quote

Anybody has any hints to fix this????????? Smile
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Help????? Reply with quote

N1ASS wrote:
Anybody has any hints to fix this????????? Smile

mberlant is correct to state that your PC's USB ports may simply not put out enough "juice" to fully power your MJ device.

BUT - If I were you I would check all of your PC's audio/volume settings, check to make sure that the MJ software has been set correctly to use either a headphone or phone, etc. The problem is clearly not with the MJ hardware but somewhere "within" your PC and/or its installed software.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Windows 7 your magicJack has both a Master Volume control and an Application Volume control. The magicJack dialer only changes the Application Volume so you should also check the Master Volume level.

Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds. Click on the entry you see for your magicJack plus dongle. Click on the "Properties" button and then select "Levels" from the window that appears. Check the Master Volume control level and increase it as needed.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper wrote:
On Windows 7 your magicJack has both a Master Volume control and an Application Volume control. The magicJack dialer only changes the Application Volume so you should also check the Master Volume level.

Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds. Click on the entry you see for your magicJack plus dongle. Click on the "Properties" button and then select "Levels" from the window that appears. Check the Master Volume control level and increase it as needed.

- Yep. And often the individual 3rd-party audio driver(s) have their own audio preferences/controls too, separately from Windows' and the pc manufacturer's audio control settings... one of the reasons I hate Windows PC's.
N1ASS
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,I'll give it a try. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: