magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make it work please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apenngrace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Make it work please Reply with quote

Hi, I just bought my magic jack. I plug it in, I see the blue light, nothing else happens. I ran the "update" program. I uninstalled mucic match. I have messed with UT(something).exe in the task manager. What the heck do I need to do to make this thing run? What is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to register it and setup a phone number?
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried MagicFix yet? If not, try it and report back.
Jacksondale
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you plugging it into a working USB port on your computer or a POWERED USB port on a hub? Can you plug another USB device into that port and it works. The Magicjack needs a powered USB to work properly and some users have reported that using front ports that will run a mouse or keyboard will not run the Magicjack.
apenngrace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it plugged into one of the USB ports that are mounted on the motherboard (sticking out of the back of the case). The magic jack is plugged into the USB cord from the box, which is plugged into the USB. I plug it in, the blue light is on... there isn't any automatic installation software happening. I ran magicfix and it gives me all green check marks. Is there a way to force that installation program to run?
gary
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on:

"have Vista" and downlod the upgarde and install.

Should work. Make sure your magicJack is plugged it.

This will work both for XP and Vista.
apenngrace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely tried the update before I ever found this forum. When I restart the computer, I see two drives in my computer. One called "Magic Jack" and other that is sometimes called "Removable Drve" and sometimes called "Phone". When I double click the one that says MagicJack, my cursor shows a waiting glass like it's working... but then nothing happens. When I click the drive that says Phone, I see a subfolder called "Magic Jack." It has a hidden folder called "Upgrade." In that folder is a file called "upgrade2.exe" If I click that, nothing happens. On the Magic Jack drive, there is a file called autorun.exe. If I click that nothing happens. What the heck do I need to do to make this freakin' thing work? I appreciate your help! Smile
gary
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning off your firewall and the anti-virus protection.

Check your VOIP connection using the following site:

http://testmyvoip.com/

Select Boston from the Call Destinations dropdown list.
vandido626
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I was in you're shoes when I first plugged in my MJ. Go to my computer and you should see the MJ as an external drive. Open that up and you should see the exe files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: