magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ+ and Magicfeatures-won't answer call waiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valgirl00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: MJ+ and Magicfeatures-won't answer call waiting Reply with quote

I have MJ+ and magicfeatures. Everything works fine on my regular MJ with magicfeatures, but when I receive an incoming call on my MJ+ with I see the caller's ID, but am unable to flash over. The caller hears a message stating to try their call again later. Any thoughts or fixes?
thanks!
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, have you tried contacting the company that produces magicfeatures for tech support regarding your problem? I'm sure they can help you out.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicfeatures only adds transmitting the call waiting caller id to the phone and you can also use it to disable call waiting for one or all calls.

Call waiting is however available even if you do not have the Magicfeatures Plugin running. It is a standard magicJack or magicJack Plus feature and not a feature added by Magicfeatures.

Not sure why call waiting would work with your regular magicJack but not your magicJack Plus if you are testing both of them using the same computer and the same phone.
valgirl00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, not yet, I thought that was what forums are for? I will now and with winning answers like this, who needs forums! thanks!
valgirl00
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redpepper, I know, it's odd, call waiting is being transmitted and I see the caller but am unable to answer it, it's really strange. I'll contact the company at some point but am not using it for now. thanks!
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valgirl00 wrote:
Steve, not yet, I thought that was what forums are for? I will now and with winning answers like this, who needs forums! thanks!

- Sorry but from the way your post was written it led me to thinking that you suspected that the magicfeatures software was a source of the problem, and this forum doesn't generally handle magicfeatures peer support issues.

At any rate, I suggest you try using your MJ+ at least temporarily as a a "stand-alone" device - i.e. connected directly to your router and thus without the use of magicfeatures - to see if your call waiting becomes more fully functional. The results should help narrow down the possibilities.

I also just realized that given the way your original post was written it seems to imply that you may have two MJ devices connected to the same computer simultaneously - if you do, one or both will not work properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: