magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ+ and Networking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtoledo2002
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: MJ+ and Networking Reply with quote

I just decided to play around with quality of service in my Verizon Actiontec rev I router and discovered a weird quirk.

CAN'T find a IP# being used by MJ+ that is hooked up to a switch in my front room.

I took it off and plugged it into my computer then went to the web site under my account and gave it a STATIC IP#. unhooked it off the computer hooked it up to the switch, it gave me a error for a few seconds, rebooted switch , the unitthen worked, but still it does not show up anywhere.

I then installed the Solarwinds IP tracker software (new pc) and it can not find it either. so..... how the heck does this device work?

I had gone into my router and gave the highest priority to UDP 10000 to 40000 from other postings I found, but it looks like all things MJ are related to the old one, and not MJ+

so any help relating MJ+ and what ports it uses and whether it's UDP or other protocol would help.

but I am baffled by this lack of IP address not showing up anywhere.

BTWE all other devices in my house active or not that have logged into this router show up under my network, except this little jack+

seriously confused RT

EDIT: problem corrected found a post at dslr that showed a hidden page on the latest firmware .34 of the REV I router and it had UPNP disabled also MAYBE the web site at myjack fixed the static setting back to DHCP

here is the hidden page link incase someone comes asking about Verizon Actiontec REV I and MJ+

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=900

this is for UPNP and

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

this one is for IGMP some folks have issues with this setting and OTHER network apps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: