magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ+ Every IN-call resets my phone display TIME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frosty09
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: MJ+ Every IN-call resets my phone display TIME Reply with quote

I have a set of Panasonic KX-TG7645 cordless phones. They're really nice and reliable. They kept time, I think by CID, really well.

After installing MJ+ every in-call resets my phone display time by one hour. I would reset my phone display time to the correct time... and the next in-call would subtract that one hour off of the phone display time.

With MagicJack Plus my phones are always one hour behind the actual time.

Just to check it.... I hooked up a working NetTalk Duo to my KX-TG7645 base and the phone display time remained accurate throughout a day and night of about 20 in-calls. NetTalk WINS.

With NetTalk Duo my phones are always exactly ON-TIME.

MagicJack Plus has some serious problems when it, the engineers, can't even maintain the correct time on the phone display.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have saved yourself some testing time by doing a search on this forum first. It is a much discussed flaw in the Plus.
c4yourself2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the time in the wireless router.... fixed my issues with the phone system time getting reset after a call, worth a try at least.

Chuck
hanking35
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Panasonic KX-TG6541 DECT6 PlUS phone system, under the set Date and Time menu, there is an option for Time Adjustment. Select the manual option instead of the default Caller ID Auto option. The incoming call will not reset the phone time any more.

Last edited by hanking35 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SailorDave
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cheap Uniden Dect6 accepts only the caller ID time, and that is set by MJ to be EST. At least it is right for about 1/2 the year for me in Florida. I did set the router time, but it had no effect on the phone time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: