magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mj, linux, softphone and twinkle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdbone1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: mj, linux, softphone and twinkle Reply with quote

hi all:

the vista x64 laptop i had the mj plugged into took a crap.
it has to be sent to toshiba...hdd is failing...

i would love native support for linux with mj....are we ever going to get this?

anyhow
with a softphone do i just use mj info with twinkle to do a softphone...

i mean does the mj hardware device even need plugged in?

i want to be able to call people that have land lines and cell phones.

i mean do i need to take the mj sip info and enter it into the twinkle app for linux?
mj777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed mjproxy and compiled from the source code here on another post, using twinkle i put in my mj creds, but used the mj proxy ip and port and got mj to register successfully and could do outgoing calls. incoming did not work. i am trying to troubleshoot that a little bit and see if it is something simple i missed. maybe others will try the twinkle, mjproxy as well and let us know the result.
kitkat0981
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is twinkle a Proxy?

I'm trying to find a version of mjproxy that works on debian as my DNS323 runs a Debian os.

I use 3cx as a home pbx, and would like to get mjproxy on my dns323 instead of having it on the same server that 3cx works on. That works fine, but i dont want mjproxy on that box, i rather have it on my debian dns323.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: