magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ, MJ Suite and a TC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R0ss
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: MJ, MJ Suite and a TC Reply with quote

O I have a Neoware e90. When I first received th unit MJ ran with no problems. Recently I have had a hell of a time keeping MJ running. It will start and then close on it's own. I have no idea how long it stays up before it closes. I have set the usb ports to not go to sleep so that is not the issue. Now the strange thing is if I click the icon to start MJ I often will get the Image of the MJ dongle with "Majic jack must be plugged into a USB port to run" in red. OK so a couple of times I unplugged and plugged the dongle (and usb extension) and itthen it ran as it should, but of course it shut it self down at some point. Then I happened to try starting Magic Jack using Stroths Magic Suite. and low and behold it would start up. I'm wondering if there is any correlation between the issues I have running Magic Jack and using Magic Suite to start Magic Jack.

Ross
STxFarmer
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly try a powered USB hub and your problem might go away. I know mine did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: