magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MJ service not renewable if previous ccard dispute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctojack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: MJ service not renewable if previous ccard dispute Reply with quote

FYI - I used a cc to renew mj service for year two - mj placed a duplicate chg on my cc card. I contacted the cc company and duplicate chg was disputed and removed from my cc acct. When I tried to renew the mj service the following year (year three) renewal would not go through - phoned customer service. They stated that it is mj's policy to not allow any further service renewals if a cc dispute had been previously filed on an account, even if it was mj's error. Cust service stated I should have contacted them about the duplicate chg not the cc company, and therefore the unit will no longer be supported. Their solution - if I wanted to use their service again was - buy a new magic jack. This occurred approx 4 years ago. I do not know if this policy has continued, but based on their track record, I supect it does. Hope this helps someone out there to aviod a bricked mj.
Pilot
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know!
kyhoney
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's just wonderful news.

My mother who is 77 yrs old, purchased the MJ plus in December and when I visited for Christmas I hooked everything up for her. She forgot that she paid $10 for a phone number to match closely to her old number and called MJ to find out what the charge was for. They would not tell her anything, so she disputed the charge with the CC company and a refund was issued. When her service stopped working I contacted MJ to find out why and that's when I found out what had transpired.

I asked them if I just needed to pay for the new number again and was told yes; however, when I tried, nothing happened. I contacted the chat line back and was told a ticket would be issued and that the account was "Under Review". I then told them that it was imperative to reactivate the service immediately because my Mom has a pace maker that requires a heart monitor and an active phone line. I was told the case would be marked Urgent and that they would issue a resolution and to rest assured that we would soon receive an email.

That email has never arrived. Every time I contact them they disconnect me from chat after giving me a line of bull. They don't care that this is a matter of life and death. They don't care that my Mom is on a fixed budget. She can't return the item to Radio Shack, they state it's a non-returnable item. MagicJack refuses to accept responsibility for their item. You can't resell it because it's non-transferable. They basically stole her money.

Does anyone on here have any suggestions as to what to do??? I'm furious over this situation and the fact that it will continue to happen to other people.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyhoney wrote:
Does anyone on here have any suggestions as to what to do??? I'm furious over this situation and the fact that it will continue to happen to other people.

- You can always try submitting a formal complaint to the FCC and whatever agency in your mom's state that's responsible for regulating telephone service. Beyond that, you or she could probably buy another MJ device and set it up under a new account.. regardless, MJ should NEVER be used as one's sole means of telephone service, especially regarding emergencies. I STRONGLY suggest that you and your mom at least explore the possibility of her getting "lifeline" telephone service; the first 250 minutes or so of lifeline cellular is often completely free; lifeline "POTS" landline service is heavily discounted. And I STRONGLY recommend the landline, because if your mom has cardiac issues there may be times when she might need to wear a device that would monitor her heart and send data over the telephone - and that will only work with POTS landline service. Just my 2 cents...
tampa8
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want me to believe you are depending on Magic Jack through an internet connection for your Mother's life. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: