magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MJ With Knoppix 6.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockeng
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: MJ With Knoppix 6.2 Reply with quote

I recently downloaded and burned a Knoppix 6.2 ISO I then booted my machine into knoppix. with a blank hard drive installed I went to the preferences menu and found the Knoppix HD Installer. I ran it and installed Knoppix to my hard drive. This is different than booting knoppix with the tohd option. It is much like doing a debian install biut with all the cool packages that are already on the knoppix disk.
I had previously attempted to run Oracle's VirtualBox but had trouble with the USB support even though I was using version 4.0.5 with the extension pack so I decided to try VMware Player.
I installed a version of XP Pro in a virtual Machine without any updates.
I installed the VMware player and plugged in my magic jack.
To my supprise it began to load the magic jack. A couple of messages popped up saying the device had to be disconnected from the host system in order for this to work.
I clicked OK.
In seconds I was making phone calls and sending faxes.
This is cool.
My next experiment is to find out if I can run multiple virtual machines at the same time. If so then I should be able to have more than one magic jack on one computer. My goal is a two line phone system running on one machine.
I'll keep you posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: