magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neoware c50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryanW
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Neoware c50 Reply with quote

Ok I saw this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330333610) an it was an impulse buy! lol hate those. Anyways from reading ALOT of the forums here I am imagining that this will suffice as a thin client. 400Mhz CPU-256 RAM-512 Flash. First off am I wrong(about this being able to handle MagicJack).

Now the second question, what is the best thread\threads I should REALLY read(not just peruse-would take me weeks prob to read em all) to get this going? Thanks for your time and wish me luck! Now off to the mailbox to see if it's here yet. I realize I just paid for this a few minutes ago, but I also know that I will be watching the mailbox until it comes...such a kid!
helloworld08
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come it won't work?
BryanW
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come what won't work? The NeoWare? No idea lol just ordered it so I don't have it yet. AS to why it MIGHT not work, really no idea there either, maybe compatibility issues or the software I need to run it won't fit on 512MB flash drive, also haven't read about anyone else setting this up on a c50 so figured maybe there was a reason why. I think it prob will work, but just wondering if anyone could answer that question before I spent a week trying to get it done.
manasota
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Try to get it going. If you get stuck, post here. That always worked for me.
joevv
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familar w/neoware c50 but it seems that the operating system is windows CE. If that's the case MJ will not run on Win CE . If you can get Win XP on that machine then it might work.

Joe
joevv
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the c50 can run win xpe as long it has a 512 flash and the hp website does have xpe available for d/l for the c50.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3638791&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3638790&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1058
BryanW
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for the replies guys/gals. And thnx for that link joevv!
flybeech
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, BryanW. I've also got an HP Neoware on the way, only mine is an e90 and is coming with a 128mb/256mb and Linux. The discontinued 512mb and 1gb flash rom's had a list price of about $200 and I believe the "kit" came with XP Embedded pre-installed.

These should be the correct part numbers for the kits on your c50 and my e90.
512 MB Flash Upgrade XPe
KE706AA
1 GB Flash Upgrade XPe
KE690AA

I cannot find anything on this module, but I think it is a 44 pin horizontal DOM. Here is an 1gm module on the Transcend website http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS1GDOM44H-S

I think that the Transcend 512mb and 1gb modules will both work just fine, but Transcend could find nothing on the Neoware thin clients,

When you get your c50 would you mind posting a picture of the inside and perhaps the module? I'm thinking that with a 1gb Flash ROM and a 1gb RAM module, you'll have a pretty good little box.
BryanW
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flybeech- It is on the way and I hopefully should have it by monday. If I ferget to get back here with pics, PLZ send me a PM or post here asking for em(I'm subscribed so it will notify me) and I will post some up. As to the hardware upgrades, I am going to "try" to make it work with the hardware thats installed(256RAM/512 Flash), if that doesn't work I will definitely be visiting those links you posted to try and get this puppy runnig as cheaply as possible. I do have an older P3 box laying around and electricity is included in my rent(yay!) so I COULD use that, but that is in no way as cool as showing off my "lil"(c50) phone system to family\friends lol. Thnx for the links and I will post pics when I get it.

Bryan
flybeech
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 256/512 set up ought to work just fine, as long as you can flash XPe to the SSD. Does HP have an XPe download for a 512mb drive in the c50?

I'm on a crusade to determine what the lowest ram/flash and cpu speed combo that will run the magicJack perfectly.
BryanW
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joevv posted a link up abit in this thread to the 512MB XPe download. There is also a download there for a 256MB XPe download there. From what I have read, 256/256 is about the minimum to run MJ, but supposedly someone got it to run on a 192/256 setup. Not sure of the processor sizes there but I would imagine maybe 300Mhz(don't quote me on that lol)? Don't have the links to those thread as I was just perusing the forum and reading as I went. I do think they removed ALOT of stuff to get it working on the 256\256 setups.

Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: