magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Net Talk VOIP 50% off device and 1yr service! (until 11/15)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Compuvac
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of posts, and you can call me a newbie. Rolling Eyes
However, for the sake of peace can you guys stop bashing Evil or Very Mad each other and stay on topic.

let's all forgive each other and move on....

life is short, stop wasting it on nonsense. Wink
oldtimercurt
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to Compuvac!
OTC
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

new deal expires 11/15/10
mastdesi
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they give canadian numbers also like MJ?
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a netTALK device using the NTLKCRZYDISC coupon code. Worked like a champ, giving 50% off the order. Total came to $44.92

Thanks to the OP!
scotty562
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I buy one of these, can I use it with Trixbox? I tried Googling to find nettalk and trixbox setup guides, but I couldn't find any. Does nettalk give you the sip information? If so, I'm going to buy one of these.
mj777
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw the method to obtain sip credentials relative to the tk6000, but i think the duo is too new to know if you can get them; they give out a proxy and username and password for the iphone app; but it is not certain those are the actual sip credentials; so it might be best to wait until someone who is interested on moving it to an asterisk or ata setup has reported in.
genxweb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read you can get the SIP credentials with a simple packet capture. though I do not have a device to test with. If anyone wants to send me a device I will return it and post a article on my site on how to obtain them if I can.
scotty562
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good enough for me. I ordered one. I'll sniff around when I get it and update everyone. The discount worked for me BTW.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME too. I fought the urge but the urge won. Total was $44.92, TOO good to pass up.

It'll make a great Christmas gift for someone.....perhaps me!

Nah.....I'll leave those massive VoIP cocktails to the Whiz. That guy can seriously handle his VoIP mixed drinks!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Man wrote:
ME too. I fought the urge but the urge won. Total was $44.92, TOO good to pass up.

Nah.....I'll leave those massive VoIP cocktails to the Whiz. That guy can seriously handle his VoIP mixed drinks!

Christmas present for someone??

Son???

Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Son???

Smile

Darn. Keep trying. I'm sure a few of them are out there running around somewhere. Shocked

(I know you have a sense of humor, but for anyone who doesn't and think I'm seriously suggesting he has numerous unidentified male offspring, it was a JOKE. Of course maybe they are all unidentified female offspring. Laughing )
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Son???

Smile

Darn. Keep trying. I'm sure a few of them are out there running around somewhere. Shocked

(I know you have a sense of humor, but for anyone who doesn't and think I'm seriously suggesting he has numerous unidentified male offspring, it was a JOKE. Of course maybe they are all unidentified female offspring. Laughing )

HAHAHA always wanted a daughter................
I know where both of my sons are. I was the kind of guy who never cheated although in a loveless marriage for 27 years. Been alone now for 7 and lets just say I am a shy and boring guy and leave it at that Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

I am a shy and boring guy

I assumed so. NO, not another cheap shot. I think I know where all my kids are as well.

I would however agree to a temporary adoption agreement if anyone out there wants a dad, if it would get me a NetTalk for a present. As long as I can get by with just sending E-cards for birthdays and holidays.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

I am a shy and boring guy

I assumed so. NO, not another cheap shot. I think I know where all my kids are as well.

I would however agree to a temporary adoption agreement if anyone out there wants a dad, if it would get me a NetTalk for a present. As long as I can get by with just sending E-cards for birthdays and holidays.

HEY!!! I was first there asking pal o mine...........Smile
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at V-man for not being able to hold his VOIP liquor.

Empathy at bitstopjoe for his taxi-cab confession. Maybe a shot or two of the real stuff will get you out of your shell. Wink

I held off on buying any more Duo devices during the last coupon offer, but I think I'll have to order at least one more before the latest offer expires. I have a couple people on my gift list who could benefit.

Sorry bitstopjoe, blood test required. Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
LOL at V-man for not being able to hold his VOIP liquor.

Empathy at bitstopjoe for his taxi-cab confession. Maybe a shot or two of the real stuff will get you out of your shell. Wink

I held off on buying any more Duo devices during the last coupon offer, but I think I'll have to order at least one more before the latest offer expires. I have a couple people on my gift list who could benefit.

Sorry bitstopjoe, blood test required. Wink

HAHAHA.. Step dad??????????????

I am SO tempted to buy one for myself at that price but I just cant justify it in my current situation..
My buddy Bob got his today and called, really really sounds good!. He is now calling his CC company and complaining he was charge for an auto renew of his MJ he was going to cancel. I warned him about that, deaf ears I guess..

Smile

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Yea, but I brought my A game, with the formal adoption thingy. With the stated fine print of course. And I should probably add that the finer print also states that after delivery of the NetTalk device that the Adoption Agreement becomes null and void 2 business days later.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Yea, but I brought my A game, with the formal adoption thingy. With the stated fine print of course. And I should probably add that the finer print also states that after delivery of the NetTalk device that the Adoption Agreement becomes null and void 2 business days later.

Good point unless it is Eva Longoria who is interested Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
]

If she is, and is reading this, I'll send YOU all the NetTalks you want Eva. I'll find a way.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
]

If she is, and is reading this, I'll send YOU all the NetTalks you want Eva. I'll find a way.

Bastard...................... Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

DAMN, I forgot, the fine print has been turned off for you Eva. No expiration, and real in-the-snail-mail cards.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

DAMN, I forgot, the fine print has been turned off for you Eva. No expiration, and real in-the-snail-mail cards.

Double Bastard.............. Smile

Ok Ok I'll "settle" for Martina McBride...
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
V-Man wrote:

Christmas present for someone??

Son???

Smile

Nah....not son nor daughter. They both think Dad is nutso for spending a dime on VoIP. Of course THEY both have iPhones......at $85 a month. I keep askin' 'em who the nutso is. Kids.....whatch gonna do?

Christmas present for my mom probably. She'll love the free long distance.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Son???

Smile

Ah....another child of the '80s. Gotta love the decade of excess. Wink 'course, it was our generation that screwed it all up for the young uns now. Penicillan(sp) don't cure squat anymore.

So, how the hell IS penicillan spelled? Confused (Spelt?) Question
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:

Dad status for e-cards and a Duo. Not a bad trade for Dad-hood. I'll take that offer too. BUT, if it means raising another child through the teen years, forget it. There ain't enough VoIP liquor on the planet to get me to sign up for that again! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.........
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Double Bastard.............. Smile

Ok Ok I'll "settle" for Martina McBride...

Well, HELL! As long as we're "settling"......
Twisted Evil
"Ring, ring!!
"Hello?"
"Yes, hello! Is this Elle McPherson?"
"Why YES! STEVE! (that's me...Her and I are tight.) I thought you'd NEVER call back!"
"Yeah, sorry about waiting so long to call hun. Hey listen, How would you feel about adopting me as your permanent VoIP caretaker? I'd provide unlimited access to whatever VoIP toys you'd like to use."
" Well of COURSE Steve! When can you move in you stud?"
"Hmmmm, I think I can pencil a move in next Thursday. Is Thursday good for you?"
RING RING RING RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frickin alarm clock always goes off just when the dream is getting interesting............
Crying or Very sad

Ahhhhh dreams....one of the few things more fun than cheap phone calls................ Cool
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Man wrote:
nailgunner wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Son???

Smile

Ah....another child of the '80s. Gotta love the decade of excess. Wink 'course, it was our generation that screwed it all up for the young uns now. Penicillan(sp) don't cure squat anymore.

So, how the hell IS penicillan spelled? Confused (Spelt?) Question

"CLAP" I think that is how you spell it Smile
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Man wrote:
nailgunner wrote:

Dad status for e-cards and a Duo. Not a bad trade for Dad-hood. I'll take that offer too. BUT, if it means raising another child through the teen years, forget it. There ain't enough VoIP liquor on the planet to get me to sign up for that again! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.........

I have 2 sons ( one 30 and one 27 now). BUT always wanted a daughter. However I hear when girls hit 13 or 14, HOLY CRAP.. Makes me glad I had sons. God knows what He is doing, that's for sure!!
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Joe for his spelling skills! Laughing

Yeah, son was a breeze compared to daughter. Daughter was the more kind and loving.....typical female....until the hormone valve got opened at about 16 years old. Damn hormones mixed with a driver's license are more potent than Whiz's VoIP liguor! Had several sleepless nights during those years.....not to mention that during those 3 to 4 years, I was the DUMBest sum-beech on the planet.

It's gettin' better now though. Both son AND daughter recently noticing that some of my synapse are beginning to conduct again.

PLUS my nights are once again spent in 8 to 9 hours of worry free slumber. Very Happy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

Ok, ok....back on topic. Can't wait til Dec. 25. Gonna be a VoIP Christmas.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Man wrote:
LOL @ Joe for his spelling skills! Laughing

Yeah, son was a breeze compared to daughter. Daughter was the more kind and loving.....typical female....until the hormone valve got opened at about 16 years old. Damn hormones mixed with a driver's license are more potent than Whiz's VoIP liguor! Had several sleepless nights during those years.....not to mention that during those 3 to 4 years, I was the DUMBest sum-beech on the planet.

It's gettin' better now though. Both son AND daughter recently noticing that some of my synapse are beginning to conduct again.

PLUS my nights are once again spent in 8 to 9 hours of worry free slumber. Very Happy

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................

Ok, ok....back on topic. Can't wait til Dec. 25. Gonna be a VoIP Christmas.

Yep exactly what I have heard as well as when they hit their 20's WE get smart again Smile

By the way, want my address Santa ??? Smile
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

Yep exactly what I have heard as well as when they hit their 20's WE get smart again Smile

Nah....I'm only one of the BIG guy's helpers. But hey! Don't worry, I gave him your wish list - Martina McBride being number one on it.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Man wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Nah....I'm only one of the BIG guy's helpers. But hey! Don't worry, I gave him your wish list - Martina McBride being number one on it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo it's Eva, I am "settling" for Martina Smile

Damn only a helper huh.. craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Smile

Trying to justify getting one before the 50% off offer runs out on the 15th.. I just don't see how. Heck maybe next yr when my MJ expires.. Though it would be nice to keep them both. I turn my PC off now for a good part of the day. I USED to leave it on all day but they raised my electric rates by 33% and now I power it off. The NT would come in handy those times I need to make a call when the PC is off..
rameshb_v
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: SIP credentials Reply with quote

I got the nettalk duo yesterday, wondering how to extract SIP credentials.
propizza
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ if you get the sip info please pm me. I would like to as well
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out their forum as it seems SIP info is not avail as of now and not supported by NT

http://www.nettalk.com/forum/

Here is one thread...

http://www.nettalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1363&sid=b4902b8446d4e48ff33706d75aa293e4
johnlvs2run
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevereno wrote:
Just ordered a netTALK device using the NTLKCRZYDISC coupon code. Worked like a champ, giving 50% off the order. Total came to $44.92

Thanks to the OP!

Same for me, $48.33 with Cali tax urghh.

This didn't work earlier but went right through tonight woo hoo!

Just go here and put the redemption code NTLKCRZYDISC in the space.
https://www.nettalk.com/buy/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

There is more detailed info on this thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1040290/
blackjackel
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnlvs2run wrote:
stevereno wrote:

Thanks to the OP!

Same for me, $48.33 with Cali tax urghh.

This didn't work earlier but went right through tonight woo hoo!

Just go here and put the redemption code NTLKCRZYDISC in the space.
https://www.nettalk.com/buy/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

There is more detailed info on this thread
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1040290/

Confirmed, its working... I ordered 2 then i ordered another 1, $48.33 for 1. Great deal Smile
Toink
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only NetTalk accepts Paypal - PayPAL plugin is no longer active.... It's such a bummer!
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, this offer code or any others are only honored redeemable when ordering on-line and not via telephone operator. But I could be wrong. I read this disclaimer around somewhere. Could someone confirm that 'first-hand'? ... Having said that, this question is addressed to the individuals who have ordered theirs on-line, do you recall if Canadian local telephone area telephone number were being offered as well, or was it limited to US area codes only, therefor available only via calling-in the order?
johnlvs2run
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: questions about nettalk Reply with quote

lousk wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this offer code or any others are only honored redeemable when ordering on-line and not via telephone operator. But I could be wrong. I read this disclaimer around somewhere. Could someone confirm that 'first-hand'?

I believe that's the case. When I tried to order by phone, the rep would only offer a 10% discount.

Quote:
Having said that, this question is addressed to the individuals who have ordered theirs on-line, do you recall if Canadian local telephone area telephone number were being offered as well, or was it limited to US area codes only, therefor available only via calling-in the order?

I believe you only select the number when you receive the device, and so it doesn't make any difference how it's ordered. I don't know if there are any numbers available in this area, but am getting it anyway. I'd still get one if the only numbers offered were in Canada, to be able to call anywhere, though it couldn't be used as a local number in that case.
---
Here are more questions. When you order more than one of them, can you get a different phone number for each? Otherwise, what is the purpose of getting more than one of them? Also, can you change the number any time that you wish for no charge?
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd still get one if the only numbers offered were in Canada, to be able to call anywhere...

The "standard" local numbers netTalk is offering, which is priced @ $29.99/year, are only for US area codes.

However for anyone that requires Canadian local area code, the cost will be $5.99/MONTH, similarly $71.88/year in addition to the standard $29.99/year.

The following quote represents netTalk rep replying to me via email:
Quote:
Yes, there is a $5.99 monthly fee for obtaining and keeping a Canadian phone number.

Quote:
though it couldn't be used as a local number in that case.

If you are US resident, you're good-to-go! ...you'd be even offered a local number at the standard price of $29.99/year, vs. 71.88+29.99 = $101.87

Last edited by lousk on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: questions about nettalk Reply with quote

johnlvs2run wrote:
lousk wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, this offer code or any others are only honored redeemable when ordering on-line and not via telephone operator. But I could be wrong. I read this disclaimer around somewhere. Could someone confirm that 'first-hand'?

I believe that's the case. When I tried to order by phone, the rep would only offer a 10% discount.

Quote:
Having said that, this question is addressed to the individuals who have ordered theirs on-line, do you recall if Canadian local telephone area telephone number were being offered as well, or was it limited to US area codes only, therefor available only via calling-in the order?

I believe you only select the number when you receive the device, and so it doesn't make any difference how it's ordered. I don't know if there are any numbers available in this area, but am getting it anyway. I'd still get one if the only numbers offered were in Canada, to be able to call anywhere, though it couldn't be used as a local number in that case.
---
Here are more questions. When you order more than one of them, can you get a different phone number for each? Otherwise, what is the purpose of getting more than one of them? Also, can you change the number any time that you wish for no charge?

You must use the code at their main site only, for the discount. www.nettalk.com

It doesn't matter where/how you ordered the Duo, you will have the same service and access to the customer portal.

You can choose a different number for each unit. Currently, you can change your phone number as often as you want--free of charge. Of course, they reserve the right to start charging for that in the future.

You can buy more than one to have multiple phone lines, give away as gifts, or use for travel, or to send to a loved one overseas. There's no limit to the possibilities! Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wiz, will the duo work on a combo DSL Modem/Router?? I am using a Gigaset SE567 from Frontier.. I didnt see any mention of it on the Net Talk forum..

Thank you...
lousk
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoud I decide to go ahead and purchase the DUO via on-line and applying the offer code, at which point one gets to select the phone number for his/her DUO? Would it be at the point of purchase, after receiving it in the mail and while initializing it, or one needs to call them in order to acquire a local telephone number?
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the first step of installation before you even connect anything. You log in to login.nettalk.com using the username and password included with your Duo. Then follow the yellow brick road.

OTC
johnlvs2run
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Hey Wiz, will the duo work on a combo DSL Modem/Router?? I am using a Gigaset SE567 from Frontier.. I didnt see any mention of it on the Net Talk forum...

I sure hope so, since that's the kind that I have. Surprised
Westell Versalink 327W

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd Duo, for a 2nd line and number.
I was considering to get a thin client tonight for the MJ, but the Duo is less expensive overall.

How is the comparison with reliability and voice quality?
Is there any reason to have one of each, vs two of the same?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnlvs2run wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:
Hey Wiz, will the duo work on a combo DSL Modem/Router?? I am using a Gigaset SE567 from Frontier.. I didnt see any mention of it on the Net Talk forum...

I sure hope so, since that's the kind that I have. Surprised
Westell Versalink 327W

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd Duo, for a 2nd line and number.
I was considering to get a thin client tonight for the MJ, but the Duo is less expensive overall.

How is the comparison with reliability and voice quality?
Is there any reason to have one of each, vs two of the same?

The Whiz is the one to ask as he has one of each, and then some Smile
Nobody beats the Whiz!
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Hey Wiz, will the duo work on a combo DSL Modem/Router?? I am using a Gigaset SE567 from Frontier.. I didnt see any mention of it on the Net Talk forum..

Thank you...

bitstopjoe,

Sorry, I don't recall hearing anything about that make at the forum, either. However, I do remember others with combo router/modems reporting success with their NT devices (at the time, the TK6000).

30 days free trial will hopefully give you the chance to try it out, though it's always a bit of a hassle dealing with mail-in returns.

I hope this means you're taking advantage of the code before it expires. Wink I still haven't been allowed to order any more by the wife, but I think I'll sneak one in before the deadline. Heh heh.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody beats the Whiz! wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Thank you...

bitstopjoe,

Sorry, I don't recall hearing anything about that make at the forum, either. However, I do remember others with combo router/modems reporting success with their NT devices (at the time, the TK6000).

30 days free trial will hopefully give you the chance to try it out, though it's always a bit of a hassle dealing with mail-in returns.

I hope this means you're taking advantage of the code before it expires. Wink I still haven't been allowed to order any more by the wife, but I think I'll sneak one in before the deadline. Heh heh.

Trust me I have been thinking about it, but sadly I can't justify one ( the practical and logical part of my brain, damn it) in my current situation with no lack of wanting one though.
BUT like I did before buying my MJ 2 + years ago I read the forums to learn, absorb and research. By the way, why the heck doesnt the NT forum keep one logged in??? Have to log in every time I vist the site..
Since they rasied my elec rates by over 33% I now turn off my PC during the day, I only used to turn it off at night. So now I lose the ability to make calls when it is off. The NT would have come in handy during those times. In fact I would have just had my MJ forward calls to the NT and left it that way.
Part of me hopes the 50% discount does not get renewed so it gets rid of the temptation of buying one.. Oh well, tis life...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: