Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW !!! TALKING CALLER ID & AUTOMATED PHONE CARD DIALING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: NEW !!! TALKING CALLER ID & AUTOMATED PHONE CARD DIALING

We are pleased to announce that these brand new features are now available and included in Release 1.06 of the "Magicfeatures" Plugin:

- Talking Caller ID
The caller id is verbally announced via your computer's default audio device after the 1st ring.

- Last Number Redial (Dial 66)
Dial 66 to redial the last number you called.

- Priority Call Waiting
Calls arriving from phone numbers in the Priority Call table receive a double beep call waiting tone instead of a single beep call waiting tone.

- Automated Extension Number / Phone Card Dialing
Comma pauses are supported in the phone number entry in the Speed Dial table. Every comma equates to a 3 second pause. For example the phone number entry 2025551212,4 will automatically dial extension 4 after a 3 second pause. Multiple comma pauses and the transmission of * and # are also supported.

The "Magicfeatures" Plugin can be downloaded at http://www.pcphonesoft.com . This is a "paid for" solution that currently costs $9.95 but it's FREE to download and try.

Last edited by redpepper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 18 times in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject:

We forgot to mention that the Magicfeatures Plugin implementation of Caller ID Name+Number display ALSO fixes the underlying caller id bug inherent in magicJack that causes the caller id not to display on many phones.

If you have a magicJack and the caller id is not displayed on your phone, the Magicfeatures Plugin is definitely worth downloading and checking out.

Last edited by redpepper on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:

The latest release of the "MagicfeaturesPlugin" can be downloaded from the "Downloads" page at http://www.pcphonesoft.com .

Note: This is a "paid for" solution that currently costs $9.95 but it's FREE to download and try.
kuhntech
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Question

I downloaded a copy of this software and installed it last night. The caller id worked perfectly the first incoming call I received but then did not work again until I rebooted the computer. Once the computer was rebooted it worked again but only for the first incoming call. Any ideas? I asked the question in their support forum and e-mailed my log files to them. They sent me an e-mail saying they would start to troubleshoot the problem but I thought you might have a quick fix. I am using a Uniden 6.0 Dect phone and the caller id worked for displaying the number before I installed magicfeatures. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I also checked for updates this morning before leaving for work and installed release 1.03 but am having the same results.

Thanks,
kuhntech
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject:

It's probably something minor like a small timing parameter that needs to be "tweaked" in the Plugin software to be able to cope with slightly varying computer response times.

A trouble ticket has been opened and the problem is already under investigation using the same Uniden cordless phone you are using. A software fix will be made available for you to re-test against as soon as possible (before officially including it in a release).
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject:

We are pleased to announce that these brand new features are now available and included in Release 1.06 of the "Magicfeatures" Plugin:

- Talking Caller ID
The caller id is verbally announced via your computer's default audio device after the 1st ring.

- Last Number Redial (Dial 66)
Dial 66 to redial the last number you called.

- Priority Call Waiting
Calls arriving from phone numbers in the Priority Call table receive a double beep call waiting tone instead of a single beep call waiting tone.

- Automated Extension Number / Phone Card Dialing
Comma pauses are supported in the phone number entry in the Speed Dial table. Every comma equates to a 3 second pause. For example the phone number entry 2025551212,4 will automatically dial extension 4 after a 3 second pause. Multiple comma pauses and the transmission of * and # are also supported.

The "Magicfeatures" Plugin can be downloaded at http://www.pcphonesoft.com . This is a "paid for" solution that currently costs $9.95 but it's FREE to download and try.
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject:

Talking Caller ID works now, after adjusting settings in Control Panel.

Have you considered my earlier suggestion regarding suppression of popups? This would especially be useful when Talking Caller ID is used, to prevent calls from interfering with your visual use of the computer, but hearing who is calling anyway. If the user wanted to also see the popup anyway, if you click the MJ icon in the task bar when the call is ringing, both the soft phone and the caller id popup would appear.

Last edited by dz20854 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 am; edited 3 times in total
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject:

Hello all. Redpepper, I just downloaded the latest release, restarted the plug-in and called my number (on my desktop PC), from my cordless phone (running a MJ from another PC), and got 4 rings before going to voicemail. The Double Ringing is checked in the Dashboard. I've emailed you the log file. I unchecked the Voice Caller ID, since that was the only difference between the new release and 1.05, but it didn't make a difference. Come to think of it, I didn't hear the Voice Caller ID from my headset or from the PC speakers either. I'll have to check that further.

Edit: I'm not getting anything from my speakers when a call comes in now. (The file I emailed might show the Voice ID=0, but it is now =1.) When I Exit the plugin, I then hear the incoming ring just fine through my speakers. Restarting the plugin disables the speakers again, plus disables the Double Ringing feature.

Edit: Working fine now. The Voice is a fine addition.

Last edited by tsmith on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject:

I have not had any problems. The talking caller id is great. My kids get a blast hearing people's name and number when the phone rings.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject:

We just double checked and are NOT able to reproduce any problems with these features on Windows XP, Vista or 7. They are working for us so it is probably something simple.

The Talking Caller ID feature uses Microsoft Window's built in Text-To-Speech facility. Go to Start/Control Panel/Speech [Recognition] to adjust the Text-To-Speech voice volume, speed and audio device used as required.

If you do not select a specific audio device for Text-To-Speech playback, the speech will be played via your computer's default audio device (whatever you have that set to under Start/Control Panel/Sounds [and Audio]).

For further help see Microsoft's Text-To-Speech configuration instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306902 as required.

If you still have challenges, please go to http://support.pcphonesoft.com where we can better assist you with technical questions and issues.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject:

At this stage, we are not planning to do anything that functionally changes the way the magicJack dialer displays or pops up.

It is very clear to us that the folks at magicJack have designed their product in a way that meets their overall product support needs and business plans that obviously also rely on some level of advertising. We do however really understand your request and the obvious rationale for it.

For this particular request, we can only recommend that you contact the folks at magicJack directly for the option of changing the way their dialer displays and pops up that more closely meets your needs. If and when they change it, we will ensure our plugins comply with those changes.
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Just downloaded the new version and talking caller id works fine. Nice addition to wonderful software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: