magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New to MagicJack, question about multiple phones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: New to MagicJack, question about multiple phones Reply with quote

I have read that you can connect magic jack to your phone wiring so that all the phones in your house ring, instead of just having the one that is connected to the magic jack box. My question is: How do you do that?

thank you so much! I just joined today, but have been reading this board for a long time and have gotten so much good information!
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's how I did it. May be a little confusing if you're not technically inclined. Of course this is with dsl. If you have cable internet then you can ignore that part. if you have any questions just let me know. If you don't have a punch down block then a screw down terminal will suffice. This is assuming that you do not have an existing landline from the phone company. If you don't then you must disconnect their feed coming into the house. If you do then let me know.

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/back-feeding-mj-plus-to-house-wiring-t11776.html
Golden3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definately have to check with my husband. I know we have DSL, have no idea about a punch down block. We haven't yet cancelled our landline yet, because it is tied in with our DSL. I found a previous post how to take care of that, we just have to decide if porting our number is worth the hassle or not.
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always set up the magic jack as your 2nd line and activate it through the wiring. Of course you will have to install all double jacks and know the color codes used on all the wiring in the house. It can get complicated especially if the inside wiring is daisy chained as opposed to being all home runs.

A simple backfeed is only accomplished when you have cable isp and you know how to disconnect the phone company feed into your house. That way you can just plug the magic jack into an existing jack and it will activate all the other jacks in the house. Of course it's usually not that simple.
magicjack81
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: activate jacks Reply with quote

We currently have TWC phone and road runner...the road runner modem is plugged into out phone jack and activates all of our jacks. If I purchase magic jack plus and plug it into my phone Jack that too will activate all jacks?

We are excited to save some money....just worried about lack of customer support with mj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: