magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lj wrote:
Josemiami wrote:

And here is my dial plan, I am dialing from my cordlessphone with this dial plan you dont have to dial the #3 or the 1
I works perfect just dial the 10 digits number.

Code:
(911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.0.101:5060|011!)

Glad to see it works.. The only reason I originally specified the #3 is so it doesn't interfere with the existing dialplan. If you don't have any other entries in the dialplan above you can't use your existing provider if needed. For some people this is fine but I just wanted to give an example to make it 100% independent and make it a choice(by dialing #3) to use the GVOut app on demand basically. So if the computer running GVOut is off the Linksys ATA still can place outbound calls if needed through the existing provider.
I'm just reading through this thread and agree. I'm playing around with the second line on my ata and like to have the ability to have free or paid as an option. If the computer goes down it's great that the ata is still able to make calls out through the provider.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by sabresfan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by sabresfan on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeffnyc
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see this thread is not totally dead. I tried sipsorcery but for some reason this tool is more stable for me.

I see there is a lot of good dial plan info on page 14 and the few pages before. On page 22 az1234 adds a "dialplan mode" option that greys out the server address when you check it. However discussion in this thread after that improvement shifts towards sipsorcery and there is no further discussion on this option - unless I missed something.

Sorry if the answer seems obvious but what does checking off the "use dialplan mode" do?

Thanks.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffnyc wrote:
I am glad to see this thread is not totally dead. I tried sipsorcery but for some reason this tool is more stable for me.

I see there is a lot of good dial plan info on page 14 and the few pages before. On page 22 az1234 adds a "dialplan mode" option that greys out the server address when you check it. However discussion in this thread after that improvement shifts towards sipsorcery and there is no further discussion on this option - unless I missed something.

Sorry if the answer seems obvious but what does checking off the "use dialplan mode" do?

Thanks.
Pretty much the dial plan mode allows you to use the proxy from the dial plan from your ata not having to set it up in the outbound proxy setting in the ata. Also setting this up with a dial plan allows for more flexibility and gives more options. Sipsorcery is great but I like the idea of setting this up and running it. Also if the computer or proxy stop working now I'm still able to make or receive calls like normal.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabresfan wrote:
Pretty much the dial plan mode allows you to use the proxy from the dial plan from your ata not having to set it up in the outbound proxy setting in the ata. Also setting this up with a dial plan allows for more flexibility and gives more options. Sipsorcery is great but I like the idea of setting this up and running it. Also if the computer or proxy stop working now I'm still able to make or receive calls like normal.

Didn't the dialplan that you set up in the ata work before the check option in gvout was added? I still do not get the difference.

Also, when you say make/receive calls like normal, you still can't make outbound calls through gv if the pc isn't running, correct?
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old way I had this running all call went through GVout proxy. If the computer or proxy failed so did making outgoing calls. I was still able to receive calls if either failed. The way I have it setup now is I have to dial #9 then 1 area code then number make the call through GVout proxy. If I pickup and dial like normal it goes right through the provider and I get billed for the call like normal. It's an extra step to make the free call but also a safeguard if the wife and kids mess with the computer and turn it off (which has happened). Smile
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I have a spa1001 so I already have another provider configured on the 2nd line and I just hit # to access it. Nothing is needed in the dialplan - functionality is built into ata But I guess if I wanted to add a 3rd provider to my ata it would be useful - but since I cant get mj to work with ata anymore ...
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anyone still using the gvout proxy?
lchiu7
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Invalid Length Reply with quote

I hadn't used it in a month and then tried to use it. I never got the callback from GV.

Debugging showed this

GALX=IhSdZAx53n4, Length cannot be less than zero, Parameter name: length

I have no idea what this means. The server running GVOUT has not been updated apart from possibly some sneaky Windows updates. Tried on another machine with the same error. So now I have to intitiate the callback from the Google Voice web client which makes it a bit less friendly to use.

That of course works so I can still get free calls.
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to revive this tool since GV is stopping support for XMPP. Wonder if it will still work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: