magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Answering machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seashores
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: No Answering machine Reply with quote

I just received my magicjack yesterday and everything works great except my answering machine....I had my sister dial the number and I could answer the call and that was great but if I didn't answer it and let it just ring she said it rang and rang but no answering machine picked up.....Does anyone know what could be wrong?????
Gerry_52
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give us a bit more information on your setup, especially if you are using a hub and if it is powered. There may not be enough voltage getting to the answering machine to cause it to recognize the signal from the MJ.
gooney

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: No Answering machine Reply with quote

seashores wrote:
I just received my magicjack yesterday and everything works great except my answering machine....I had my sister dial the number and I could answer the call and that was great but if I didn't answer it and let it just ring she said it rang and rang but no answering machine picked up.....Does anyone know what could be wrong?????

http://help.magicjack.com/SupportFaq/SearchResults.aspx?Term=voicemail

Simply install your magicJack and follow these directions:

From your phone (that is plugged into your magicJack) dial your own number.
-OR-
Click the Voice Mail button on your Softphone (the phone displayed on your computer screen).

When you hear a voice, press the * (star) key.
When prompted, dial the default password 1234 on your phone or Softphone.
Please change your password once you�ve accessed your account.
Follow the prompts to personalize your options.
seashores
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My magicjack is plug right into my usb port on the front of my computer. I'm running xp media edition. I have dsl and my internet is hooked up to a 2 wire wireless router
seashores
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did all that you said gooney and it set up just fine it just will not answer when someone calls my number
ChuckIL
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact MagicJack tech support. Perhaps your voicemail account didn't get provisioned properly. On the other hand, some have had problems with voicemail recently, so maybe it's just down right now on the server you are provisioned on. Either way, contact tech support.
Gerry_52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you said answering machine in your original post I was thinking physical answering machine, not voice mail. You did mean voice mail, correct? Voicemail problems have been occuring in different areas for as long as I have been on the forums. The service seems to return all by itself after a period of time. Please remember that MJ is still in beta and upgrades and fixes are occuring all the time on the MJ infrastructure. I would contact CS, but I would venture to say it will return on it's own. Please, let us know.
seashores
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gerry_52... Yes I did mean voicemail. You must be right because if I call my number using my magicjack phone it doesn't ring I just get the voicemail but if someone else calls nothing happens it just rings and rings so it must be something on magicjacks technical end.
gooney

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry_52 wrote:
When you said answering machine in your original post I was thinking physical answering machine, not voice mail. You did mean voice mail, correct? Voicemail problems have been occuring in different areas for as long as I have been on the forums. The service seems to return all by itself after a period of time. Please remember that MJ is still in beta and upgrades and fixes are occuring all the time on the MJ infrastructure. I would contact CS, but I would venture to say it will return on it's own. Please, let us know.

Yesterday an MJ tech told me its not in beta no more... I remember the MJ image on the main site had beta 4.0 on it... now its not there anymore. Confused

The MagicFix though is still in beta

Sorry seashores for the off topic... If none has an answer, you should go chat with a MJ tech if you havent already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: