magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
No sound on MJ to MJ calls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdima
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: No sound on MJ to MJ calls Reply with quote

After running MJ for over a year on Maxterm thin client (512 RAM and 4g HDD) I now unable to hear anything when calling or receiving a call from another MJ phone #. All other calls work fine. Same MJ on a normal PC works just fine.
This started sometime last week, maybe related to a latest MJ client software update. Any ideas? MJ support wasn't much help. They said the issue was with my sound card.

Thanks
wingman303
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

mdima, I had the same issue (and 95% of thin client users out there, just probability of MJ to MJ calls is not that great), searched low and high for solution to no avail.
Finally decided to email Dan and guess what? It has been fixed! (reverted to 711 codec for MJ to MJ calls, also mentioned use of their own codec version in the future)
I just hope that they will remember and test this problem next time. And for us to try bring the issues to the company attention first, insted of trying endless hardware upgrades/ other voo-doo stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!
mdima
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: No sound on MJ to MJ calls Reply with quote

Same issue reappeared last week. Again Mj to MJ calls take 90% of my thin client CPU and no sound for both parties.
Is only solution to ask Dan?!
DTrig
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Sound is Crap On Magicjack to magicjack Reply with quote

Ok so recetlnety I bought a thinclient. Because My dad had one and it worked great. So I got one and know it will work great when i call any one else but him. I get echos alot and dont understand it. When I plug the magic jack into my pc it goes away. This also happens to my sister who i just got a thinclient

Why is it that they can not commcate to each other.
bebik22
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Same issue .....MJ to MJ calls both thin client don't work Reply with quote

who is Dan and what is the solution?
mdima
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solution for me is to select option that says "Air Card3D" on the left hand side of the magicJack app. This option seem to used different codec and my thin client is able to process it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on a Thin Client All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: