magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not so great customer service Trying to port my home number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Not so great customer service Trying to port my home number Reply with quote

This is the text from online chat.
Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Freddie'

Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554074200031X

Freddie: Hello, how may I help you?

phil: Hi i strated with magic jack about a week ago with a number I got from you, i now want to port the lec phone number over to my magic jack how do i do that?

Freddie: Please let me help you with that.

Freddie: Please go to my.magicjack.com and login using your registered email address and password

phil: sure

Freddie: Go to Phone Numbers tab >> hit Transfer option >> Add a Phone Number button.

Freddie: Some important things to remember:

* Do not contact your current phone company to disconnect your telephone service.
* Your telephone number must be active with your old phone company for us to transfer your number to your magicJack.
* Transferring a number may take up to 10 business days to complete.
* During the transfer period, your current phone line will continue to operate normally.
* You may use your magicJack with the temporary telephone number we assigned during registration.

phil: it says i cannot transfer the nuber at this time

Freddie: I see.

phil: hy is that?

Freddie: We are working to provide better service through new features and options for our customer. As of the moment your number is cannot be transferred yet.

Freddie: If possible, please try to test your device from time-to-time if there are any changes.

phil: why?

phil: that is the only reason i bought the magic jack to get rid of the lec number

Freddie: I am sorry but we do not have the full information yet. As our Engineers are the one who is working on this.

Freddie: Rest assured, this issue will be resolved on our end,

phil: how long?

Freddie: We don't have a specific timeframe as to when your issue will be fully resolved, but rest assured we will work on this issue.

phil: days weeks months years?

Freddie: If possible, please try to test your device from time-to-time if there are any changes.

phil: how long roughly to resolve this?? i need to know so that i can decide the next course of action?

Freddie: As of the moment, we do not have the time frame yet.

phil: can i speek to your supervisor

Freddie: Please wait while I check that for you

phil: ?

Freddie: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

There may be a problem communicating with Freddie. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another operator.

You are now chatting with 'Freddie'

phil: can i speek to your supervisor

Freddie: Our Supervisor is current busy assisting another customer right now.

phil: i will wait

Freddie: One moment please...

There may be a problem communicating with Freddie. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another operator.

You are now chatting with 'Jimmy'

phil: Hi are nyou the supervisor>

Jimmy: I apologize for that.

Jimmy: Do you want to speak to a Supervisor?

phil: yes i have been waiting a long time and transferred between you folks three times while waiting

Jimmy: One moment please...

Jimmy: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Brad'

phil: hi brad

Brad: Hello, how may I help you?

Brad: Hello. My name is Brad. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you.

Brad: Thank you patiently waiting.

You want to transfer your current telephone number to magicJack device, right?

phil: i want to port my LEC phone number over to my magic jack.. the system says that i am ubnable to do that. the person on line i was catting with (three times I have been transferred).. what is the issue, when will it be resolved as they told me thye were working onit.. I bought themagic jack to get rid of the LEC.. If this cannot be done it is useless to me.. I am the Director of network engineering for AT&T so i am no green horn

Brad: I will be right with you.

Brad: If you able to get the message Not able to transfer the number, that is mean that as of the moment you cannot yet port your current phone number to magicJack device.

phil: why? when will i be able to?

Brad: We do not have yet the exact time frame if when it will be, since our Engineers is still on the process.

phil: what does that mean, the LEC wont port the number, you technically cannot, what? How long a week, month or years?

phil: now i am getting the same pat answers and the run around let me speak to the supervisor as i have been asking for the half hiur.

Brad: Not all telephone carrier can port the phone number to magicJack device. We are still on the process fro those carrier that cannot yet port the number to magicJack device.

Brad: We do not have yet the exact time frame if when it will be, since our Engineers is still on the process.

phil: give me aballl park i need to make a decison on the next steps i will take..

phil: get me thye supervisor

Brad: You already talking to a supervisor.

phil: you are just giving me the sme pat answers as everyone else..

Brad: For now your current phone number cannot yet be transfer to magicJack device.

phil: If you cannot give me a straihgt answer as to why you cannot port the number, when it will be fixed i will send this converstaion to the BBB for false advertising as i bought after talking on line with you and was assured thati could port my number..

Brad: As I mention above Phil, that we do not have yet the exact time frame if when it will be, since we are still working on it.

phil: what needs resolving there is no technical reason, is it a LEC issue your ability what?

Brad: I believe I have provided all the

He then cut the connection..

So I sent the transcript to Dan Borislow

That�s it! the same pat answer no estimate of when it will be available or what the �Technical issue is�

Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:52 PM
To: phil Gerety
Subject: RE: Poor Customer service

Dear Philip,

My name is Jonathan and Dan asked me to assist you.

I understand how frustrating this issue has become. However, the transfer of number that you had requested from us cannot be transferred as of the moment yet. Our engineers are still working on it. Rest assured that this will be fix and may request again to transfer your LEC phone number over to magicJack.

We appreciate your understanding on this.

Best regards,

Jonathan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:27 PM
To: Dan Borislow
Subject: Poor Customer service

Dan

I am very unhappy with the customer support I received, I wanted a straight answer but was given the run around.. Then they just dropped the connection, very professional. I have attached the conversation for you, all I want to do is port my LEC number 973 853 6502 over to my magic jack 973 551 6500... I will await your response before taking this further.

no further response so far from Dan.. Might be nice if he took an interest in how his cuastomner service works..
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi you have to understand they are working on it lol i can tell you u wont get a answer and even if u did they wold not be on time remember mj is a extremely cheep phone service and so we have to put up with stuff like this it just the way it is i know it sucks but 50.00 a month sucks too right if you don't want to put up with it if your on the 30 day return it for a refund
or also u can try to port it to Google voice and then forward it to the mj

have a good one
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could agree with you, scotty200... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dirk
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will give the google idea a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: