magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number Ported Successfully however???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Number Ported Successfully however??? Reply with quote

Ok bought Magicjack + about a month ago and tested before I ported my existing landline. Everything worked great and also loaded it on two IPOD Touch's. I received the email this morning that my number port was finished and needed to reboot the MJ+. I did and then tested. My caller ID was correct and my inbound calling was working correctly. When I go to the IPOD Touch it still has my original number that MJ+ assigned to me. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but still registers to the original number. Is there away to assign my ported number to the IPOD Touch?

THX
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, no. You should have waited till your number was ported.
Also too bad you didnt check out this forum first as it would have saved you a headache or two.
Yes it is dumb the way MJ does this, BUT we are talking about MJ.
If enough people cpmplain to them MAYBE they could change their policy, though I would not hold my breath.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured it out and it does work, not sure what gadget I like better this or the eye-fi card. Here's the info that everyone has been looking for..

Select your MJ or MJ + plus account under your subscriptions do not select your Iphone or IPOD it has to be your MJ or MJ+.

Then select change your phone number.

Then click on the subscription you want to change. It does not look like you can click on this but you can it will turn blue.

Hit next and select your number.

Hit next until finished.

Launch your Iphone APP it will initilaize and your new number will appear.

I tested both inbound and outbound and works like a champ.

I guess this goes back to the old saying RTFS....

Good Luck everyone and MJ your awesome....
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome post, I stand, or sit, corrected. Up till your post I know others have said it could not be done. I just repeated what I have read here. Glad to see you figured out a way to do it and posted for all to see.
Good job!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: