magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OBi110

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi100 Amazon Price Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Good morning, Virginia Ham.

VaHam wrote:
I noticed that Amazon's price for the OBi110 has jumped from $50 to $85 and that is the Amazon price not a third party. Glad I got mine when they were $50 but still great device even at $85.

I noticed that, too. I'm glad I got my two OBi110's for the price of what one nearly goes for now. Laughing

The performance continues to be awesome. I had another conference call this morning and not a single problem. Very Happy

Bye-bye Gizmo5!

On a sad note, you just know Google is going to kill this solution. It's just too easy and functions too well to be free. If we were in an office together (and weren't busy killing each other) I'd start an OBi110<->Google Voice demise pool. Five dollars per square and you get to pick the week of this solution's demise.

Good Afternoon Lisa

Funny you should mention this. Recently the PBX folks who are currently using GV have noticed that they have to add a delay in answering a call in the last day or so. It appears Google is experimenting with GV access in some way; however no one has reported problems with the OBi yet.

I wonder if MJ and GV are in a bidding war to acquire Obi so they can offer some decent hardware Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
how many viewers do you think will Google search Google Voice and stumble upon the OBi110? Hehe.[/i]

I estimate somewhere between 227 to 319. Watch out MagicJack.
lcompton
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi100 Amazon Price Reply with quote

VaHam:

VaHam wrote:
lcompton wrote:
On a sad note, you just know Google is going to kill this solution. It's just too easy and functions too well to be free. If we were in an office together (and weren't busy killing each other) I'd start an OBi110<->Google Voice demise pool. Five dollars per square and you get to pick the week of this solution's demise.

Funny you should mention this. Recently the PBX folks who are currently using GV have noticed that they have to add a delay in answering a call in the last day or so. It appears Google is experimenting with GV access in some way; however no one has reported problems with the OBi yet.

Crying or Very sad I don't think it gets much sadder than this. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the OBi110 <-> Google Voice solution lasts at least the next 90-100 days so my OBi110's pay for themselves in saved wireless telephony plan upgrade charges.

VaHam wrote:
I wonder if MJ and GV are in a bidding war to acquire Obi so they can offer some decent hardware Smile

I'd vote for Google Voice. They don't have call caps. Very Happy

MagicJack is a tragic story in my opinion. Dan created an awesome solution and then did what no one else could do and destroyed it with the dumb call caps. MagicJack on a Thin Client was awesome though. Mine ran like a champ until Danny baby broke it.

So, how much do you think we'll be able to get for our OBi110's on eBay after Google breaks Google Voice access with the OBi110? I'm guessing about USD9.99 plus shipping and handling.
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon, nailgunner.

nailgunner wrote:
lcompton wrote:
how many viewers do you think will Google search Google Voice and stumble upon the OBi110? Hehe.[/i]

You're not fooling me one single bit. I know you're a relative of Dan's sent here to shill for magicJack.

What's your percentage? Hmmmm?
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

Good afternoon, Dennis.

dtm wrote:
If anyone is interested here is my DigitMap for the OBi (set in the ITSP Profiles):

(*xx|<411:18002464411>S0|[235678]11!|<:1@@@>[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

Replace the @@@ with your 3 digit area code.

This is very nice. Where is the 911 mapping in the dial plan? I'm not seeing it.

dtm wrote:
This does 7, 10, or 11 digit dialing as well as 411 and 911. It connects very fast due to a short interdigit wait time. It uses bing 411. On my configuration, 911 is sent out the line port to my dry DSL line.

I'm going to copy your 411 idea. That's pretty neat and I didn't know Bing had a 411 service.

dtm wrote:
This was adapted from my PAP2 dial plan. The OBi uses the same syntax as the old Linksys devices.

Convenient!
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Good afternoon, nailgunner.

nailgunner wrote:
lcompton wrote:

You're not fooling me one single bit. I know you're a relative of Dan's sent here to shill for magicJack.

What's your percentage? Hmmmm?

No, but I would take the job. His margins are so small any % is gonna be worth virtually nothing.

But I was wondering ALMOST the same thing about you and Obi. Very Happy

I do want to adjust my estimate, if you would be so kind to allow me. I just did a quick GoogleVoice search and the first 10 links made NO mention of the Obi. The Wiki made mention of a whole lot of stuff, but sadly Obi was missing. And a few of the others made multiple mentions of using it with an "I" device, (IPhone, IPad), but again sadly, no Obi. My estimate is now 6 to 9, and as you like to end your posts sometimes, Hehe.
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi100 Amazon Price Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
So, how much do you think we'll be able to get for our OBi110's on eBay after Google breaks Google Voice access with the OBi110? I'm guessing about USD9.99 plus shipping and handling.

Have you looked at the price of the 1st generation hardware by these same guys the SPA3102? I think a $50 investment in sound hardware is a a good one. Only time will tell if the OBi is as reliable as the old 3102's but my bet would be that the guys who designed the first ones can make a better second generation one and so far from what I have seen that is true.

Harping again, but the real value to me is that Obi is open; not locked to one provider and hence will hold it's value well.
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
This is very nice. Where is the 911 mapping in the dial plan? I'm not seeing it.

The outbound call routing is done in the phone port DigiMap under 'Physical Interfaces'. From what I read in the config manual, 911 is by default routed to the line port. The dial plan I posted allows 911 to be dialed. I am assuming that if I dial 911, it will route the call to the line port and use my DSL line to contact 911. I have NOT tested this feature and am going on assumptions that my dry DSL line will connect to 911. There is some debate on this but my line does have dial tone and will return a voice error if you try to dial a regular number on it.
----------------

On another note: Even if GV does somehow shut us down, the OBi is still an excellent ATA. I used the 'B' profile and SP2 to set up my Gizmo account while it is still working. The OBi does fine on it working as a conventional ATA. So, I won't be selling mine on eBay for $9.99 Confused

PS: nailgunner may be Dan himself ... one never knows.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

dtm wrote:

Seriously? If I'm Dan or a shill, I'm doing a lousy job. I posted one or two comments in this thread that MJ worked fine for me so I didn't need to try Obi. One or two posts about the WOOT lights, which I still think should be called the WOOT-on lights and not WOOT-off lights.

The rest of my posts in this thread have been in response to your patently ABSURD comment that Obi was the death of MJ. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to post silly statements like that in the future, and want no one to call bullshit on you, you should attach a note to that effect at the end of your post.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
dtm wrote:

Seriously? If I'm Dan or a shill, I'm doing a lousy job. I posted one or two comments in this thread that MJ worked fine for me so I didn't need to try Obi. One or two posts about the WOOT lights, which I still think should be called the WOOT-on lights and not WOOT-off lights.

The rest of my posts in this thread have been in response to your patently ABSURD comment that Obi was the death of MJ. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to post silly statements like that in the future, and want no one to call bullshit on you, you should attach a note to that effect at the end of your post.

I think they are just busting your chops John........
The reason they are called Woot-Off lights is that the web page Woot.com sells some cool stuff ( everything is 5 bucks for shipping), but usually just one item and when that item is sold out, nothing else the rest of the day. But every now and then they have a "Woot-Off" where they sell more than one item in a day and it changes every few hours throughout the day. Kinda like a sell off, but using Woot in its place.
Hope that helps you damn MJ shill Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

I think they are just busting your chops John........

Yea...Icomp..whatever the name is... maybe, not so sure about dtm. You do tend to notice it in forums that when you call b.s on someone, and they have no real response, they resort to the fanboy/shill/owner retorts. And some people despise Dan and MJ sooo much, that every day they wake up they are hoping he collapsed overnight. I couldn't care less either way, as long as I can get $20/year service elsewhere.

And, blah, blah, blah, they should still be called WOOT-on, at least until proven she can even turn the damn things off.
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

Nailgunner:

nailgunner wrote:
dtm wrote:

Yikes!

And, this used to be such a friendly place. Do you have a brother named Mark who lives in Arizona? Laughing
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

Dennis:

dtm wrote:
lcompton wrote:

The outbound call routing is done in the phone port DigiMap under 'Physical Interfaces'. From what I read in the config manual, 911 is by default routed to the line port. The dial plan I posted allows 911 to be dialed. I am assuming that if I dial 911, it will route the call to the line port and use my DSL line to contact 911. I have NOT tested this feature and am going on assumptions that my dry DSL line will connect to 911. There is some debate on this but my line does have dial tone and will return a voice error if you try to dial a regular number on it.

Awesome!

Here's my dial plan:

Code:
(*xx|<411:18002464411>S0|<911:16106925100>S0|[01235678]11!|<:1484>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

Since I can't call 911 on my dry DSL loop, I setup the 911 translator to call the 11-digit number for our county's emergency services center. I called emergency services to request permission to run a test and they granted it. The test ran fine. So, I effectively have 911 through Google Voice with the digit translation done in the dial plan (similar to your Bing 411 translation.)

Now, since this 911 approach isn't true 911, the call center will see my Google Voice number, but they don't have my name and address information so that would need to be provided in the event of an actual emergency.

I probably won't leave this dial plan active, but it's nice to know that the digit translation can do this stuff. If I do decide to leave this dial plan active, I'll add a five second delay (S5) on the 911 digit translation string so accidental 911 dials can be aborted.

I had to change the OutboundCallRoute and DigitMap values for the PHONE port under physical interfaces as well since they default to trying to send 911 out the POTS line interface.

Fun times! Smile

Now, we just wait for Google to break this solution. Crying or Very sad

dtm wrote:
On another note: Even if GV does somehow shut us down, the OBi is still an excellent ATA. I used the 'B' profile and SP2 to set up my Gizmo account while it is still working. The OBi does fine on it working as a conventional ATA. So, I won't be selling mine on eBay for $9.99 Confused

That may be, but I don't need anymore ATA's. I already have a Linksys PAP2T, which will soon be gathering dust when Gizmo5 passes into the night.

I'm going to need to find some time to put all of this VoIP stuff I've accumulated on eBay. I've got a pile of stuff collecting dust here.

dtm wrote:

Laughing In that case, hi, Dan! Hehe.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Do you have a brother named Mark who lives in Arizona? Laughing

Yea, Dan tries to keep us shills evenly spaced across the country so no one catches on. the brother is in AZ, sis is in NY, I'm in FL and the parents are in WI. Between the 4 monthly shill checks it adds up to $3.50 max.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW and he only pays me a buck!!!!! Damn you.............

Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
WOW and he only pays me a buck!!!!! Damn you.............

Smile

It's called the family plan.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Corleone family Smile
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

Nailgunner:

nailgunner wrote:
lcompton wrote:
Do you have a brother named Mark who lives in Arizona? Laughing

Yea, Dan tries to keep us shills evenly spaced across the country so no one catches on. the brother is in AZ, sis is in NY, I'm in FL and the parents are in WI. Between the 4 monthly shill checks it adds up to $3.50 max.

Aww... Much better... There's the Nailgunner we all know and love!

Welcome back to the dysfunctional family of magicJack comedians. Very Happy
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Yeah the Corleone family Smile

So true... My life hasn't been the same since I changed my last name from Corleone to Compton.

(Note to mobsters: Kidding! I'm a Compton true and through!)
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:

Aww... Much better... There's the Nailgunner we all know and love!

Welcome back to the dysfunctional family of magicJack comedians. Very Happy

Back? Never left. Let's see how you react when someone says you might actually be Dan. After all, even though I do love my MJ, an insult like that cannot go unanswered. Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I am sure Lisa has MUCH better legs than Dan and looks better in a dress Smile So therefore she can't be Dan...
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Nah I am sure Lisa has MUCH better legs than Dan and looks better in a dress Smile So therefore she can't be Dan...

I don't know...WOOT WOOT lights could be his MJ version of low-cost traffic signals.
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, nailgunner pretty sensitive to my joking around. Interesting! He could just be the bullshit police. Laughing

Search back through this board and read some of my old posts nailgunner and you will discover that I am not out to get Dan or MJ. In fact I helped extend his ATA run by about a year. Take a blood pressure pill and cool it Jack. We are just having fun here.

Exclamation OBi110 - The MJ Killer Exclamation
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Here's my dial plan:

Code:
(*xx|<411:18002464411>S0|<911:16106925100>S0|[01235678]11!|<:1484>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

Since I can't call 911 on my dry DSL loop, I setup the 911 translator to call the 11-digit number for our county's emergency services center. I called emergency services to request permission to run a test and they granted it. The test ran fine. So, I effectively have 911 through Google Voice with the digit translation done in the dial plan (similar to your Bing 411 translation.)

Now that is good information! I used to have my PAP2 setup with 911 like that. I would say it worked great but fortunately I never had to use it. Wink

This is what forums are for. Anybody else have any tricks and tips for the Obi110?
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtm wrote:
Hmmm, nailgunner pretty sensitive to my joking around.

Not sensitive, just responding to a basic statement you made. Most, but obviously not all, posters when they joke, add the smiley face, lol or hehe at the end. But whatever works for you.

Not sure what extending Dan's Ata "run" has to do with anything, especially since he wasn't apparently too keen on having it extended. But I guess it follows the same logic of Obi killing MJ, which other than the Obi is easy to use and works well with GV, I have yet to hear any rational reason for your idiotic opinion. Just joking. Very Happy
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take two blood pressure pills old man. Geez, you must live for the flame war. I am not going to participate in it. You need to chill.
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtm wrote:
Take two blood pressure pills old man. Geez, you must live for the flame war. I am not going to participate in it. You need to chill.

I assume that was directed towards me. And as I thought, you want to post whatever you want without any responses that disagree with you. And when those responses come, call them flames. I will leave you alone. Continue on with your "well reasoned" postings.
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning!

I've been continuing my experiments and research on the OBi110 and I discovered some interesting things:

1. First, the OBi-attached telephone can directly dial and access Google Voice mail without the need for a PIN. This is interesting to me because it seems to work regardless of how the Google Chat device in the phones section of the Google Voice account is configured with regard to accessing voicemail.
  2. Second, while trying to figure out how to get the message waiting indicator to work on my OBi-attached cordless telephones when I have new Google Voice mails, I discovered that Obihai released a new firmware update for the OBi110 today that actually adds this capability! Yay! I'm loading the new OBi110 firmware update now to test it out. Very Happy
OBi110 <�> Google Voice rules!

Enjoy!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounding better and better. Aug will be here soon and I have to decide...
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Good morning!

I've been continuing my experiments and research on the OBi110 and I discovered some interesting things:

1. First, the OBi-attached telephone can directly dial and access Google Voice mail without the need for a PIN. This is interesting to me because it seems to work regardless of how the Google Chat device in the phones section of the Google Voice account is configured with regard to accessing voicemail.
  2. Second, while trying to figure out how to get the message waiting indicator to work on my OBi-attached cordless telephones when I have new Google Voice mails, I discovered that Obihai released a new firmware update for the OBi110 today that actually adds this capability! Yay! I'm loading the new OBi110 firmware update now to test it out. Very Happy
OBi110 <�> Google Voice rules!

Enjoy!

I will go get the firmware shortly. Let us know if it breaks anything when you install it.
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning.

Okay, the new firmware is loaded and here's what I'm seeing:

1. If you want the message waiting indicator to function, the firmware alone won't make that happen. You'll need to enable two settings in the service profiles associated with the Google Voice accounts. The settings are MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable. MWIEnable enables the stutter dial tone when a new message is waiting and X_VMWIEnable enables the cute little envelope icon on the telephone handset's LCD display when a new message is waiting.
  2. Preliminary testing indicates that the message waiting indicator functions, but listening to new voicemail on Google Voice did not clear the message waiting indicator on the OBi-attached telephones. Sad This requires further investigation, but it very well could be a bug in the firmware. So, I'll be keeping a close eye for another firmware update.
  3. In response to Dennis' question about other things breaking, I haven't noticed anything yet. I did notice, while testing the message waiting indicator functionality, that calling my Google Voice telephone numbers from my Verizon Wireless telephone results in a ring and then dead silence. I don't hear my Google Voice greeting and no voicemail is recorded although I do get a message from Google Voice saying a voicemail was left. This sounds like a Verizon Wireless breaking Google Voice thing to me though.
Enjoy!
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon!

lcompton wrote:
Preliminary testing indicates that the message waiting indicator functions, but listening to new voicemail on Google Voice did not clear the message waiting indicator on the OBi-attached telephones. This requires further investigation, but it very well could be a bug in the firmware. So, I'll be keeping a close eye for another firmware update.

Okay, the message waiting indicator not turning off was caused by an unread text message in my Google Voice inbox. Yes, I know, strange, but that's what it was. The message waiting indicator functions flawlessly. Smile

Enjoy!
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon.

I tested three-way conference calling this afternoon with the OBi110 and Google Voice. It functions like a dream. Here are the steps:
  1. Call your first party,
  2. Press Flash once and listen for dial tone,
  3. Call your second party, and
  4. Press Flash again and enjoy your chat with both parties. Very Happy

Enjoy!
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed the firmware with no problems. So far all appears to be working. I tested the MWI and it did turn off when I read the message.
---
@lcompton: I also have a Verizon cellphone. What I did was not use GV to check email directly via the cellphone but GV is set to ring the cell. Instead I set the phone (on Verizon's system) to forward to the GV number after 4 rings.

When my GV number is called both my Obi110 and Verizon cell ring simultaneously. When someone calls my cell number only the cell rings at first, then if I don't answer it, it rings through to my GV OBi110. If I still don't answer it goes to Google Voicemail. Works well for me.
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis:

dtm wrote:
@lcompton: I also have a Verizon cellphone. What I did was not use GV to check email directly via the cellphone but GV is set to ring the cell. Instead I set the phone (on Verizon's system) to forward to the GV number after 4 rings.

When my GV number is called both my Obi110 and Verizon cell ring simultaneously. When someone calls my cell number only the cell rings at first, then if I don't answer it, it rings through to my GV OBi110. If I still don't answer it goes to Google Voicemail. Works well for me.

That's nice. But, it has nothing what-so-ever to do with the problem I'm experiencing with my Verizon Wireless telephone being unable to leave a message at one of my Google Voice numbers.
dtm
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
That's nice. But, it has nothing what-so-ever to do with the problem I'm experiencing with my Verizon Wireless telephone being unable to leave a message at one of my Google Voice numbers.

OK. I AM able to leave voicemail on GV from my Verizon phone. I thought perhaps it might be because you have your cell set up on GV to access GV voicemail directly and I did not. May have no effect but something you could try.
lcompton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis:

dtm wrote:
lcompton wrote:

OK. I AM able to leave voicemail on GV from my Verizon phone. I thought perhaps it might be because you have your cell set up on GV to access GV voicemail directly and I did not. May have no effect but something you could try.

No, this has nothing to do with my wireless telephone being setup to access my Google Voice voicemail. I have four Google Voice accounts/numbers. Two of the numbers forward to my wireless telephone. The other two numbers have no relation what-so-ever to my wireless telephone. I'm seeing the same behavior on all of the Google Voice numbers when calling them from my wireless telephone.

Something is wrong, but I'm not sure what yet.
lcompton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: OBi110 Dial plan Reply with quote

Good morning.

lcompton wrote:
Here's my dial plan:

Code:

Okay, so I discovered a serious flaw in my dial plan. All of those S0's at the end of the dial rules were forcing the interdigit timer to zero seconds, which was preventing ten-digit dialing. Ten-digit numbers were being processed by the seven-digit dial rule forcing all ten-digit numbers to lead off with 1 (484), which is incorrect, of course.

So, after fiddling with the rule for a bit I decided that forcing the interdigit timer to zero seconds to obtain faster dialing was not such a great idea after all. Following is the modified dial rule which will prepend a 1 in front of a ten-digit dial string:

Code:
(*xx|<411:18002464411>|<911:16106925100>S9S9S9S3|![01235678]11|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1484>[2-9]xxxxxx)

The S9S9S9S3 string appended to the emergency services 11-digit number translation for 911 adds a 30-second delay in processing a 911 dial, which provides plenty of time to abort an accidental 911 dialing if necessary.

When I was a kid we used to be able to dial 611 for Bell Telephone repair service, which was pretty neat. I thought about adding a 611 translation to Verizon On-line DSL support, but the problem with this idea is that the only time I ever need to call them is when my DSL isn't functioning, which sort of defeats the purpose of having an easy dial solution on my VoIP line. Laughing

Have a lovely day!
synchron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just ordered an OBI100 today which will hopefully replace my Sipsorcery/ATA/Sipgate/GV callback system. I have no complaints except that it is run by one guy in Australia and he could take the service down (or my Innomedia ATA could die) so for $44, this will probably be an easy transition. I'm hoping I get a little better quality than using the Sipgate/IpComms/Ipkall/Gizmo5 3rd party callback approach which introduces some ping delay and occasional 'beeps' and misfires where a DTMF '4' sound triggers GV's recording preview where both parties are warned that the call is about to be recorded.

Lisa, I'm convinced that Google will not catch on and block the Obi anytime soon. I've had my GV account almost 2 years now and getting free phone calls both dialing in and out. Google has never blocked SS. MJ is only being used for the occasional time SS is down as a backup only. GV practically never goes down so that's a plus! I still might keep SS in the loop to continually get Emails of all my daily SIP transactions. Hopefully I can integrate that in by changing the SS dialplan somewhat.

Does OBihai have any of their own bells and whistles regarding call logs and displaying SIP transactions through email?

Synchron Cool
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:

Lisa, I'm convinced that Google will not catch on and block the Obi anytime soon.

I agree. No way will Google catch on. Unless they do a Google search about it. There is info about it on the GoogleVoice website for heavens sake.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we will be lucky and they will be like MANY of the users in this forum and do not know how to search Smile Sorry I could not resist..
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synchron wrote:
Hi,

I just ordered an OBI100 today which will hopefully replace my Sipsorcery/ATA/Sipgate/GV callback system. I have no complaints except that it is run by one guy in Australia and he could take the service down (or my Innomedia ATA could die) so for $44, this will probably be an easy transition. I'm hoping I get a little better quality than using the Sipgate/IpComms/Ipkall/Gizmo5 3rd party callback approach which introduces some ping delay and occasional 'beeps' and misfires where a DTMF '4' sound triggers GV's recording preview where both parties are warned that the call is about to be recorded.

Lisa, I'm convinced that Google will not catch on and block the Obi anytime soon. I've had my GV account almost 2 years now and getting free phone calls both dialing in and out. Google has never blocked SS. MJ is only being used for the occasional time SS is down as a backup only. GV practically never goes down so that's a plus! I still might keep SS in the loop to continually get Emails of all my daily SIP transactions. Hopefully I can integrate that in by changing the SS dialplan somewhat.

Does OBihai have any of their own bells and whistles regarding call logs and displaying SIP transactions through email?

Synchron Cool
Have you tried ipkall/callcentric with sipsorcery. I find the call quality to be a little better than sipgate/sipsorcery.
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon, Joe.

bitstopjoe wrote:
Maybe we will be lucky and they will be like MANY of the users in this forum and do not know how to search Smile Sorry I could not resist..

Darn, that was funny! Laughing
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon, synchron.

synchron wrote:
Lisa, I'm convinced that Google will not catch on and block the Obi anytime soon. <snip (I hope it didn't hurt!)>

From your lips to my ears. I certainly hope you're right. I'm enjoying my awesomely neat free telephone service that just got better without Gizmo5 holding things back. I could never call out from my Gizmo5-connected telephones unless I was calling a toll-free number. It got old. This OBi110 <�> Google Voice solution is insanely awesome. I even have a cute little message waiting indicator on my telephone when someone leaves a message. Very Happy Life is good.

synchron wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this question. I get all of my call logs through Google Voice. I'm not sure if there are any call logs on the OBi110. I haven't noticed any, but I haven't gone looking for any either.

I don't know what you mean by "displaying SIP transactions through email". The OBi110 uses XMPP, not SIP, with Google Voice. Now, that Gizmo5 is on the way out. I don't use SIP for anything.

Have a lovely day! Smile
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:

You might want to be careful about buying one of these Obi's Joe. They are apparently so good that they somehow interfere with the common sense thought process of SOME purchasers.

First, they are gonna kill off MJ.

Now, they will fly under the radar of the biggest data collecting enterprise ever known to man when you combine the Obi with one of their services.

The only way Google won't notice is that so few Obi's are using it with GoogleVoice that it is no more an annoyance to them than a fly buzzing around their gigantic corporate ankle.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitstopjoe wrote:
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL Shocked
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lcompton wrote:
Good afternoon, Joe.

bitstopjoe wrote:

Darn, that was funny! Laughing

Hey Lisa is the OBi100 the EXACT same thing as the OBi110, just sans telco port?? Only 44 bucks on Amazon BUT unless someone tells me it works JUST as well as the 110 ( because they tried it) I am not ready to pull the trigger on it.
I sent you an offline message last night on Yahoo about the 100 but not sure you got it as their offline messages are hit or miss.

Thanks Lisa
lcompton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Hey Lisa is the OBi100 the EXACT same thing as the OBi110, just sans telco port?? Only 44 bucks on Amazon BUT unless someone tells me it works JUST as well as the 110 ( because they tried it) I am not ready to pull the trigger on it.

The OBi100 is the nanny-state version of the OBi110. When placing calls on the OBi100, an automated attendant advises that your call should be consistent with progressive principles (liberal and neo-conservative) and that there should be no harsh language and only politically correct language is recommended. During the call, the automated attendant interrupts your conversation replacing harsh words and politically incorrect speech with more acceptable language. I read somewhere that Obihai used a composite voice consisting of voice samples from Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi and Oprah Winfrey to voice the automated attendant. Hillary Clinton reportedly declined participation in the project when Obihai wouldn't meet her price.

Hehe.

Seriously, the OBi100 is an OBi110 without the POTS line (port and electronics). But, don't take my word for it, take Obihai's. Here are the technical data sheets for the OBi100 and OBi110. I recommend purchasing the OBi100 while you can (unless you really want the POTS line interface.) You can always return the unit at no cost to you (Amazon.com pays return shipping) if it doesn't work out for you.

I would have purchased two OBi100's if they had them when I got my OBi110's. The POTS line ports on my two OBi110's are collecting dust.

bitstopjoe wrote:
I sent you an offline message last night on Yahoo about the 100 but not sure you got it as their offline messages are hit or miss.

I haven't been on instant messaging since yesterday afternoon sometime so I didn't receive your instant message yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW so maybe then the OBi100 is the latest Obama cash for VOIP scheme huh?? Smile

Thank you for the info now I just need a kick in the butt to spend money I don't have right now.. BUT it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tempting...

Another question. I have had a GV account since they became avail by invite, BUT I do not have a Gmail account. From what I have read here I HAVE to have a Gmail account in order for the OBi to work correct? Just having a GV account is not enough? I mean it is easy enough as I would only use it for the OBi.. Also my buddy is interested and he has a Nettalk Duo. He is somewhat happy with it and he asked me if the OBi can fax. I didn't see anything mentioned about faxing. He can with his Duo and wants that ability.
As always Lisa, thank you for your well written responses. The humor ain't bad either Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: