Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official BEEPING troubleshooting thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Thank you. I will give MJ a chance to fix the beeping problem before I report them to the BBB since up till now I have had zero problems and it has worked, for me, just as advertised. When I got it in Aug 2008 I was up and making calls in 3 min with zero problems.
I owe them that much to see if they can fix it. After a resonable amount of time goes by then I will fill out the form and include this link for the beeping problems. Unless. of course, someone has Dan's REAL email address ( NOT [email protected], ugh)
Now if others want to file, please feel free as maybe it might just be the fire MJ needs to fix this annoying problem.

Thank you for the info!!

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cali4236
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I just replied to Dan Borislow who answer my email this morning regarding to hook up MJ not to the router and directly to the internet box. Of course, that did not work.

I just placed a business call for 43 min and kept looking at the softpad how many times a new number will displayed according to the beep the caller was hearing. There was more then 12 numbers I counted after the actual phone number. I decided to copy softpad picture and sent it to Dan Borislow. I doubt it will do anything but he can see the issue for himself.

Will let you know the next lame response I get. Rolling Eyes
newtoncd
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
Cool idea Fulcrum but I THINK someone in this here topic ( 95 messages and growing!) tried a DSL filter but I could be wrong. However your idea of maybe tweaking a DSL filer or making one from scratch to filter out the beeps might be a viable way to combat this problem. I will leave it to the smart ones on here, and you know who you are, to confirm or deny.

I tried the DSL filter that came with my DSL equipment and it introduced a crackling noise on the line. I don't know if I still had the beeps because the crackling was pretty bad.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:

I tried my DSL filter too today and no noise OTHER THAN THE DAMN BEEPS!!
So no go with the DSL filter. I don't think there is ANYTHING we can do on our end since this all started en mass after that WONDERFUL update on June 9th. BUT I am always open to suggestions.

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
edmk5000
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: USB Extension Cord

I was just chatting with their "techs" and he said that by removing the USB extension cable, the random DTMF tones would stop.

I can almost understand interference causing the MJ interface to detect a false signal, but not a false DTMF dial signal!

Does anybody who is NOT using the USB extension cable have the false touch-tone beeps?

And why would the problem just now show up after an update? Maybe the sensitivity of the interface was adjusted??

I kinda doubt the problem is noise in the USB interface.

Ed
dirtclod
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: beeps

I to have that horrible beep now and wonder if there is any fix or something I can do to stop it?
If not I may have to dump Majic jack for Vonage.
My son uses Vonage with little or no ploblems for two years now.

Any help Thank you
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject:

No extension here, still beeps. Well not anymore since I am not using it till they fix THEIR problem..

Joe Sica
svguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Extension Cord

edmk5000 wrote:
I was just chatting with their "techs" and he said that by removing the USB extension cable, the random DTMF tones would stop.

I can almost understand interference causing the MJ interface to detect a false signal, but not a false DTMF dial signal!

Does anybody who is NOT using the USB extension cable have the false touch-tone beeps?

And why would the problem just now show up after an update? Maybe the sensitivity of the interface was adjusted??

Ed

I do not use USB extension.....get LOTS of beeps. Bollocks!! Twisted Evil
mel1daa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I never used the USB extension - beeped since the 8th.

Also been doing a little researching (probably should have before I fell for the craze) and found a few things I REALLY don't like found at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MagicJack.

(1) The softphone re-reads the Windows registry every 3 seconds. Opens the USB device writable every 3 seconds. 2) No uninstall (3) Tracking phone numbers called by users, for the purpose of selling targeted advertising (which has not yet materialized).

This is all adding up to giving mj the boot. How unfortunate.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Extension Cord

edmk5000 wrote:

Ed

Not it .... I have never used the USB extension.

Next guess from MJ tech support?
washpci
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Beeps!

EDMK5000,

"Does anybody who is NOT using the USB extension cable have the false touch-tone beeps?"

I have always used my MJ directly into my USB port (without the extension cord).

Also, I recognize that some saw this problem for the first time after the upgrade on June 9th. There is little doubt that this "upgrade" created the problem for some. But, for others like me, I had the problem back in April from the moment I installed MJ. I am not positive, but I believe my problem may have become worse at that time.

Please know that while the "ugrade" made a change for the worse, the problem was already there for some of us.

Wayne
WayneStation
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: still getting beeps

Just wanted to say I am still getting the beeps after the tech fix I posted earlier involving adding websites to Mozilla Firefox but only occasionally and only for the other phone. The person using the MagicJack phone doesn't hear the beep.

I have a powered usb, had tried DSL filter and another weird phone filter I have (came with a old pc) earlier to no avail.
Flygirl5371
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Email from "Dan"

I got this email to supposedly fix the beeping. I keep getting a message that Windows Media Player does not recognize the extenion .zip or something like that, so I don't know if it will correct the problem or not.

Please click on the link below, download the zip file, unzip it, and then double click on the upgrade.exe file with your magicJack plugged in to run the upgrade. This should resolve the beeping problem you have been experiencing.

www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject:

Media player does not UNZIP a ZIP file. You need Winzip or something like it. There are also many free unzip programs online.
If you try it and it works let us know as I am not one to d/l an unknown file and unzip it. WAY to many viruses and malware online for me to take that chance

Joe Sica
Flygirl5371
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Email from "Dan"

Well, I took a chance and downloaded a free unzip file to try this, made two calls, still beeped.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Sigh............ Nice try Flygirl5371... Every little but helps.

Now if only MJ would try to fix it eh??

Joe Sica
telltom
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I chatted with MJ this morning after I called my wife from my cell and realized the clicking. They said run update. I did and it seems to be gone. Maybe the update is another update on top of the last one.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Make a few more calls over the next few days and lets us know if the beeps are gone, ok?

MAN I hope so....

Joe Sica
brycsy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Beeping Problem

After reading through this thread I e-mailed that [email protected]. I received a reply from that e-mail address that was signed by a "Richard, Tech Support Manager." The reply included a link to a zip file http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip

Being the skeptic that I am, I e-mailed back and told him that two days ago I spent two plus hours in the CHAT with a MJ rep, which included upgrading my MJ, to no avail. He responded back with the following:

"Hi Bryan,

It is a patch designed specifically for the problem you are having with the Beeps.

Sincerely,

Richard
magicJack Tech Support Manager"

The zip file has four files in it; one of them is an upgrade.exe. I extracted the files, ran the upgrade.exe, waited about a half hour and placed a call using my MJ. I spoke on the phone for over one-half hour with NO BEEPS. Prior to this both my wife and I -- my wife more frequently -- had problems with the beep at one end or the other of the conversation.

I'm not by any means convinced YET that this has resolved my problem with the beeps. That will take several more days of use to see what happens. However, I wanted to share this in hope others try the zip file and see if it helps.

Regards,

Bryan
Flygirl5371
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I tried the exact same thing, but I still had the beeping problem. Maybe I didn't wait long enough after I did the update.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack Beeping Problem

brycsy wrote:
After reading through this thread I e-mailed that [email protected]. I received a reply from that e-mail address that was signed by a "Richard, Tech Support Manager." The reply included a link to a zip file http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip

Thanks for the link ... trying it now .... it does show a new version dated 6/19/09 1.80.494.4.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I ran the upgrade from their customer support site instead and after 3 calls, no beeps.
I hope and pray they finally fixed it..
If so then I guess all the bitching and moaning paid off. MAYBE after all the emails we sent SOMEONE noticed "HEY we may have a problem!!"
GOOD WORK GUYS!! This forum rocks...

Joe Sica
newtoncd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
I ran the upgrade from their customer support site instead and after 3 calls, no beeps.
If so then I guess all the bitching and moaning paid off. MAYBE after all the emails we sent SOMEONE noticed "HEY we may have a problem!!"

Agreed, Joe ... my wife just made a couple of calls and no beeps. Keep in mind, we have been having this problem since late January.

The only reason I purchased the PAP2T-NA was because of the beeps and magicjack's avoidance of the topic. Anyone want to purchase an ATA cheap ..Smile

Thanks guys for staying on magicjack!!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I have had beeps since I first got my MJ in Aug 2008, BUT they were only on my end. No one else heard them. Sure they were annoying at first but I came to live with them. After that WONDERFUL upgrade on June 9th I never heard a beep on my end anymore but everyone else did!! A landline, a cell phone even another MJ call. It didnt matter everyone heard them and they were MUCH MUCH more often. Sometimes as many as 7 or 8 in a 3 min call. To me that made my MJ unusable... So into the drawer it went... Till today that is. So far so good and I havent even heard any beeps on my end!!
If the link brycsy provided doesnt work for anyone just go to the MJ customer support site and download the update there, that is what I did..
So far so good

Joe Sica
daMJuser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Did the update - still generating beeps

I just used the link above ( http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip ) and updated. I'm still "generating" the DTMF tones. I even spent an hour on chat with level one (or is that level none) support (no help at all).

Generally those people have a check list they must follow, which may include updating your software even if you did it 5 minutes before contacting them. They will tell you to accept ALL cookies in your browser (COME ON), open UDP 5060 & 5070 in your firewall (they are open if you're making calls) ... WHATEVER !!!

Here is what I have found... since the DTMF (Dual Tone, Multi Frequency - the kind your telephone keypad generates) tones are triggered or generated during speech, I thought an experiment was in order to find out what pattern(s) of speech triggered it. Is it a particular sound shape that generates it? Is it a particular frequency? A particular level? It may be a combination.

During conversation, most people use the "ahhh" as a stumbling block between words/thoughts. It seems (for me at least) only certain "ahhh" sounds triggered the tone generation. You can either call your self on a nearby phone to hear yourself since the tones seem to be only heard on the receiving end, or use the softphone software (number dialing area) to witness the "tone" dialing being generated.

Using a piano keyboard as a reference only, and matching my "ahhh" sound with those certain musical notes, I have found the most sensitive area is a C Sharp or D natural. When used in combination with the "ahhh" sound, and at a good volume I can generate all sorts of dialing tones... sometimes one after the other. In fact if I turn it into a long "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I get a rapid-fire of tones.

Since all of the MJ "fixes" to date have not fixed this, here is what I have done to help the/my problem -

1) Back off from the handset mic. There is generally MORE than enough speaking volume being transferred. With less overload I have eliminated a lot of the "beeps"

2) As hard as this might be, try to not use the words that seem to trigger the tones. In my case (maybe yours too) it's the "ahhh" sound. It seems the sharper the attack on the start of the word (the "A") the easier the trigger of the tone.

Look, the idea of really low cost long distance is appealing. I don't want to put my MJ in the drawer like some have. I want it to work. I paid for it. Since MJ has not found the solution so far (they MUST be working on it faced with millions of customers to possibly lose), I decided to take the matter into hand. If this helps you in any way. Great. Maybe you will find more fuel to this and share it with us. If not... well, it's just another post. At least I hope this generates some incentive for us all to provide MJ with "free" tech support for a product we purchased from them.

Peace
CLUSTERBUCK
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: USB Extension Cord

edmk5000 wrote:

Ed

I run my magic jack without the extension cable at all times and still have the beeps
Cali4236
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject:

Here is their latest response concerning beeping noise:

Please try this. Follow the steps below:

1 Please unplug your magicJack. Now go to "Start" in Windows and click on "run".
2 In there write regedit and press enter.
3 Now click on + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE.
4 Click on + sign next to SYSTEM
5 Click on + sign next to CurrentControlSet
6 Click on + sign next to Enum
7 Now find folder called USB. Right click on that and click on "Permissions". In permissions click on the check mark called "Allow" to the right of "Full Control".
8 Click Ok.
9 Now click on + sign next to USB and then find the two folders called "Vid1307", right click on one at a time and select delete.
10 Now click on - Sign next to USB.
11 Right click on Folder called USBSTOR and allow permissions.
12 Now click on + sign next to USBSTOR.
13 Find the folders called "CdRom&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev" and "Disk&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev"
14 Right click on those one at a time and delete them.
15 Now exit Regedit and then plug your magicJack in

I have not tried yet.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject:

I tried that last week and nope, does no good at all.
After doing an update yesterday from their customer support site I made 3 calls and no beeps.
SADLY the beeps are back this morning. I had a 15 min call and it beeped 5 times

SIGH. Oh well I knew it was to good to last.

Joe Sica
Cali4236
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject:

Darn!

I figured it was not going to work but I still decided to post their response as in case any of us had not seen or done this instructions. Thanks for letting me know as I am typing from my daughter's pc and have MJ pluged to my work laptop. I will not waste my time to do these steps!

I will reply back to Dan and let him know thid did not work. After a while, he will run out of suggestions! At least, that is what I am hoping for! Very Happy and realy fix the issue on their end!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject:

Since it is not Dan seems unlikey whomever is really helping you gives a crap. They are just reading from a script and couldn't care less. All they do is give useless advice and waste peoples time and I am sure some people even mess up their PC in the process. They need to know the probelm is on THEIR end, not ours.

Joe Sica
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Did the update - still generating beeps

daMJuser wrote:
I just used the link above ( http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip ) and updated. I'm still "generating" the DTMF tones. I even spent an hour on chat with level one (or is that level none) support (no help at all).

Generally those people have a check list they must follow, which may include updating your software even if you did it 5 minutes before contacting them. They will tell you to accept ALL cookies in your browser (COME ON), open UDP 5060 & 5070 in your firewall (they are open if you're making calls) ... WHATEVER !!!

Here is what I have found... since the DTMF (Dual Tone, Multi Frequency - the kind your telephone keypad generates) tones are triggered or generated during speech, I thought an experiment was in order to find out what pattern(s) of speech triggered it. Is it a particular sound shape that generates it? Is it a particular frequency? A particular level? It may be a combination.

During conversation, most people use the "ahhh" as a stumbling block between words/thoughts. It seems (for me at least) only certain "ahhh" sounds triggered the tone generation. You can either call your self on a nearby phone to hear yourself since the tones seem to be only heard on the receiving end, or use the softphone software (number dialing area) to witness the "tone" dialing being generated.

Using a piano keyboard as a reference only, and matching my "ahhh" sound with those certain musical notes, I have found the most sensitive area is a C Sharp or D natural. When used in combination with the "ahhh" sound, and at a good volume I can generate all sorts of dialing tones... sometimes one after the other. In fact if I turn it into a long "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I get a rapid-fire of tones.

Since all of the MJ "fixes" to date have not fixed this, here is what I have done to help the/my problem -

1) Back off from the handset mic. There is generally MORE than enough speaking volume being transferred. With less overload I have eliminated a lot of the "beeps"

2) As hard as this might be, try to not use the words that seem to trigger the tones. In my case (maybe yours too) it's the "ahhh" sound. It seems the sharper the attack on the start of the word (the "A") the easier the trigger of the tone.

Look, the idea of really low cost long distance is appealing. I don't want to put my MJ in the drawer like some have. I want it to work. I paid for it. Since MJ has not found the solution so far (they MUST be working on it faced with millions of customers to possibly lose), I decided to take the matter into hand. If this helps you in any way. Great. Maybe you will find more fuel to this and share it with us. If not... well, it's just another post. At least I hope this generates some incentive for us all to provide MJ with "free" tech support for a product we purchased from them.

Peace

I agree with you. My friend and I were on MJ calls last night. We were able to reproduce what you found. It was a certain pitch of sound we made during the conversation that triggered the beep. We were able to avoid, not completely, the beep by using the speakerphone.
Flygirl5371
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject:

I saw the infomercial for Magic Jack last night on TV, I so wanted to call in and say something about the beeping, but didn't; however, I did make a comment about it on Twitter! Maybe that'll shake em up.
brycsy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

Just to update: I've made two additional calls using MJ since reporting on this yesterday. My wife (who has had significantly more problems with the beeping than me), made two lengthy calls last night and three more calls this morning. We have not experienced the beeping since I installed that update yesterday.

As I mentioned before, I'm not ready to say "problem solved"; but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We'll see how it goes over the weekend (when my wife spends a lot of time on the phone checking in with relatives and friends up north).

I'll post again on Monday. 'Til then, I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Bryan
murphy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject:

I applied the update (1.80.494.4 - dated 6/19/2009) and in a quick test, where I was easily able to get false numbers to appear in the MJ display before the update, I get no false numbers after the update. Only time will tell if it's a complete fix.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject:

A quick test making a call or another way? If the latter how so??

Joe Sica
chile.man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject:

After the newest update.......

15minute call, 20 minute call, 29 minute call, no beeps, perfect audio both ends........

MJ once again a Hero.

A believer again. Thanks forum, for the good input to get this fixed.

Hope everybody else has success.
newtoncd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject:

newtoncd wrote:
bitstopjoe wrote:

Agreed, Joe ... my wife just made a couple of calls and no beeps. Keep in mind, we have been having this problem since late January.

The only reason I purchased the PAP2T-NA was because of the beeps and magicjack's avoidance of the topic. Anyone want to purchase an ATA cheap ..Smile

Thanks guys for staying on magicjack!!

Disregard .... the wife just called and during a 15 minute conversation, it beeped 3 times .... MUCH better, but they are still there.
washpci
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Beeps!

I also had contacted Richard on the 18th with my symptoms. He replied back on morning of 19th with the link to the update.

I did as instructed and can report that before the 19th update, I was getting an average of 2 - 8 per minute. After the update, I made a 40 minute call and experienced four beeps (4-4-1-1). While this is a great improvement, they still need to do some fine tuning to make it solid.

I emailed back to Richard (on the 19th) advising. So far no response.

Wayne
jcc2z
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Yep it seems to be fixed for me also

I did the latest update (yesterday) and I have used the phone all night last night and today, no beeps.

Plus the audio seems a lot clearer.

Kudos to who ever fixed it... hopefully this will be the last time we have a problem.
supergirl75248
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Beeping on my calls too ...

I am really pleased to see all the great information that has been posted here. I have been using MJ for about 3 months and only recently started to have this beeping issue that my callers hear. I am going to do the latest download and will test again. I will update this site with my results in the next couple days or sooner if it happens on my first call.

Thanks
tomahawk1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject:

i just had a 15 min conversation and heard the beep once.
chessgames56
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Beeps

Udated today, still beeping a bit, but only on some calls. I have 2 magic jacks, and the second one I bought seems to work better. Unfortunately, my main number is on the first one.
chessgames56
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Alterante Phone

I have an alternate phone service with Voip.com. I currently use my old Sunrocket ATA for this service, and at a cost of 14.95 per month (with taxes included). Though I use my magicjack for my main number, I do not trust it enough yet to let my other service go. While the beeps are annoying (more annoying is the caller interrupting to tell me: "it just beeped again!"), the choppiness I previously experienced made the service unusable. Since MJ fixed that, there is no reason to think that they wont fix the beeping as well. So hang in there. I wondering too, if plugging the MJ into the house wiring feeding several lines contributes to the problem.
vnecaxa
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I used to have the same beeping problem, but I muted the volume on my laptop on the "volume control" menu and the beeping disappered. I unmuted the volumen and the beeping returned. I guess has something to do with my laptop configuration.
svguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Looks like the 6/19 upgrade WORKED!!

Two phone calls....one 73 minutes long and NO beeps!! Very Happy Thank you for posting the upgrade!!

Cheers!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Same here no beeps since late Friday afternoon.
What a pleasure to have a conversation now without someone saying "It beeped again" over and over..

Joe Sica
Magic Yak
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Beep not fixed for me

Just joined this forum to report that for me the beep issue is still alive and well after forcing an upgrade to the latest software today. As posted by others, it seems to depend on the voice -- I can't seem to generate a beep. On the other hand, if my wife is talking on the phone, the person on the other end will hear lots of beeps (and we can see the corresponding numbers (or "*") on the PC screen).

Hope this gets fixed soon!!!
hcdusty
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: How do I check my MJ version

Hi all,
I feel a bit dumb asking this, but how do I check My MJ's sofware version? I just D/L'd and updated my unit for the beeping fix, but my obsessive/compulsive disorder wants to make sure it took....

Many thanks
Dusty
Cali4236
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject:

After trying these steps and doing upgrade from MJ site, I was just on a 28 business phone call and the caller noticed 7 beeps.

[color=red]Please try this. Follow the steps below:

1 Please unplug your magicJack. Now go to "Start" in Windows and click on "run".
2 In there write regedit and press enter.
3 Now click on + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE.
4 Click on + sign next to SYSTEM
5 Click on + sign next to CurrentControlSet
6 Click on + sign next to Enum
7 Now find folder called USB. Right click on that and click on "Permissions". In permissions click on the check mark called "Allow" to the right of "Full Control".
8 Click Ok.
9 Now click on + sign next to USB and then find the two folders called "Vid1307", right click on one at a time and select delete.
10 Now click on - Sign next to USB.
11 Right click on Folder called USBSTOR and allow permissions.
12 Now click on + sign next to USBSTOR.
13 Find the folders called "CdRom&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev" and "Disk&Ven_YMAX&Prod_MagicJack&Rev"
14 Right click on those one at a time and delete them.
15 Now exit Regedit and then plug your magicJack in.

Hope that helps.
[/color]
Cali4236
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject:

Just got a response from Arnold.....here it is.

Please click on the link below, download the zip file, unzip it, and then double click on the upgrade.exe file with your magicJack plugged in to run the upgrade. This should resolve the beeping problem you have been experiencing.

http://www.sjphone.org/brands/YMax/2009-6-19/d33e606d-ef92-44c1-bfd8-fc5aba7fd9ef/2009-6-19.zip

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arnold

I am going to give it a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: