magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pays To Check Connection Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Pays To Check Connection Speed Reply with quote

Really strange! After I got the Magic Jack I called Qwest to cancel my phone service and still keep the dsl. They shut it off but I noticed my pc running slower then before so yesterday I call them to ask about getting a faster connection speed. They said I have the fastest available here which is 1.5 mb and then she tested the line and said it was not at the 1.5. She had me shut off the modem for a few minuted and now it runs better and the phone sounds better. I think they dropped my connection speed down when I dropped the phone line.It may be an effort to mess with voip service and keep customers.This could be the beginning of the Great Landline War. Voip vs. Ma Bell. My moneys on voip.
curiousgeorge
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post! because my folks have a dsl line with v3rizon that claims to be a 7hundredsomething kbps but everytime I run the speed test day or night weekend or weekday the most they get at the house is 425 +/- and I have tried running the test with diffrent speed test web sites,I think its because of the distance from the house to the dsl central hub,thats when cable internet shines, I get 1.5 mb download speed on my comcast wich is the basic package and I pay the same amount as they do for internet service, go figure.I will tell them to contact v3rizon to see if they are not trying to rip them off.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't offer dryloop in my area. =[[
Kumar
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: