magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phone line in use when no phone is plugged in????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denverJACKED
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: phone line in use when no phone is plugged in???? Reply with quote

Ok, so i am having issues with my MJ+ device, my phones say line in use when all of them are turned off and battery out. I have spent 2 hrs with chat support and they are lost. I figured out that the device has a bad phone jack..... even with the phone cord unplugged from the magicjack unit itself that it still blinks yellow light like the phone is in use. Why on earth would the chat support say he is passing my issue to engineers and they will fix it on their end?

Here is the total chat log from this morning:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with Ezekiel:

Christian: ok, i did the first port custom, but now im doing the second one and according to her instructions, it says repeat steps 1-3..... i am trying to do so but it says the port forwarding table has the same service name
Ezekiel: Use a different name.
Christian: like what? magicJackPLUS2????
Ezekiel: Yes.
Christian: ok so i have created 3 port forwarding with 3 different service names
Christian: and 3 different ports
Christian: next step?
Ezekiel: Please unplug your magicjack and plug it back after 20 seconds to another USB port of your router
Christian: should i logout of my router
Ezekiel: Yes, you may.
Christian: ok so i unplugged the ethernet cable from the back of my router and placed it into another jack...... still the same blinking yellow and my phone still says "line in use"
Ezekiel: Do you have any other telephone that you can hook up to your magicJack?
Christian: lol, i went out and bought a new phone thinking it was my old phone, but im still getting the same issue
Ezekiel: Are you using a cordless phone?
Christian: yes
Christian: my old cordless had 3 handsets, now my new one only has one handset
Christian: and this sigle handset says "line in use" i try ending call but nothing
Christian: and the yellow light on the magicjack+ is blinking
Christian: now, when i hook it up to my iMAC usb, the onscreen phone works perfect
Christian: dials out and everything
Christian: do u think its a bad ethernet cable? i did try a different one las week but it didnt help
Christian: or maybe bad ethernet port
Ezekiel: Do you have an extra ethernet cord that we can try to use instead of the cord that we include in the package?
Christian: i did swap it already, i traded cords out last week, now i have a brand new cord, I work for the local cable internet company here and i have a ton of brand new ethernet cords
Ezekiel: Are you using a cordless phone?
Christian: the mj+ unit is hot, u think its a bad box? but if it was bad it shouldnt work while plugged into the computer
Christian: yes cordless phone
Ezekiel: Did you hook up the base of your cordless phone to your magicJack?
Christian: yes, the base phone cord goes from base to the magicjack
Ezekiel: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Ezekiel: I will be right with you.
Ezekiel: Does the magicJack works when plugged in to your computer?
Christian: the computer based phone works but the cordless does not and the device shows that blinking yellow assuming the line is in use
Ezekiel: Do you mean it only works using the headset option?
Christian: not sure headset, but through my computer speakers, i can hear me dialing my cell phone and hear it ringing and someone can pick it up and i can talk to them
Ezekiel: Please plug in your magicJack Plus to your computer for the meantime.
Christian: its plugged in
Ezekiel: Do you have now the dial pad"
Ezekiel: Please click on the MENU button on the dial pad / softphone then Volume/Headset Control, make sure the option "Telephone" is chosen.
Christian: ok yes that was unchecked
Ezekiel: Make sure it is on telephone.
Christian: should i unmount the device from my computer and try it now
Christian: yes, i set it to Telephone
Ezekiel: Check first the telephone.
Ezekiel: Hook up the base and check on the handset.
Christian: k
Ezekiel: Inform me if you are getting the line in use message.
Christian: yes, still "line in use"
Ezekiel: Do you have a corded phone that we can try?
Christian: now, i did try unplugging the phone cord from the mj+ and the yellow is still blinking without a phone cord hooked up to it
Christian: no, I do not have a corded phone to hook up to it
Christian: strange that no phone line is hooked up to it and it is still blinking yellow
Christian: and my cordless handset says "no line"
Christian: instead of line in use
Ezekiel: Make sure not to hook up your regular home phone line cable.
Ezekiel: We don't need that.
Christian: correct, no phone lines are hooked up
Christian: ok, so this tells me, that the mj+ device has a bad telephone jack on it
Christian: no line is hooked up to the mj+ and the yellow is still blinking like the line is in use
Ezekiel: Please allow me now to refer this to our Technical Engineers and they will personally be the one to resolve this from our end. I'll be wrapping up everything now and summarize my report. Please give me a few minutes of your time and please bear with me. Thank you.
Ezekiel: One moment please...
Ezekiel: Thank you for the time you have given me. I am done with the report on your issue and done personally handed it over to our Technical Engineers. They are currently working on it as we speak. We will resolve this problem on our end. You will also receive an email notification for that matter. If possible, please try to test your device from time-to-time if there are any changes. I will be more willing to assist you once more if you will chat us again in the future. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience. It has been of my pleasure assisting you.
Christian: how will i know when to test it
Ezekiel: Please wait for our email.
Christian: how can u fix a bad phone jack on ur device from ur end?
Christian: doesnt make sense
Ezekiel: Please wait for our email.
Ezekiel: Are you able to do that?
Christian: yes i guess, im leaving out of town in the morning and needing my phone line to work for my mother in law who is house sitting for us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: