magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phone number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: phone number Reply with quote

If I choose to switch to Magic Jack from Vonage, can Magic Jack issue me a new phone number? I don't want to to retain my old number.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: phone number Reply with quote

frankj wrote:
If I choose to switch to Magic Jack from Vonage, can Magic Jack issue me a new phone number? I don't want to to retain my old number.

Yes. You get to choose from a list the area code, exchange and number. If there is one you like and it is available click it and it is yours. You do this during the registration process when you first plug in your MJ into a USB port...
You can even choose a number in a different state if you wish....

Good luck

P.S. This question is best suited in the Technical Support section, not really a Lounge question...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Llamaman
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please double check the exchange number before you pick it. There are a few who chose an area code and expected the number to be local, only to find out that it's long distance for incoming callers.

That's not usually a problem, but there might be a few folks out there that still pay for long distance.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's not usually a problem, but there might be a few folks out there that still pay for long distance.

Oh, it is still an issue for very many folks. You would be surprised.
BTW, in some rural areas you do not have that many options- no broadband, spotty and expensive cellular service etc.
jackdvorak07
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you can, you just request him, they will help you....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: