magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please advise:Should I port my home phone to MJ now or later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Please advise:Should I port my home phone to MJ now or later Reply with quote

Hi,

Since they gave me 30 days free trial, should I get a new number from MJ to test out for a couple of days? If I like it, I will request to port my home number over to MJ. If not, I will return it. I�m wondering if I can I port my home number to MJ anytime or it only available during my first time registration and activation with MJ

Thanks so much for your help
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can port your number at any time. I would advise you to test the service extensively, read some critical reviews and check out other VOIP providers before you do that.
danman
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help.
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danman wrote:
Thanks so much for your help.
If you are serious about porting your phone number, port it to a google voice account. Then forward all your calls to your magicJack or whatever device or service you decide on. The port to GV is a one-time fee of $20. The cost for call forwarding is free through GV. That way you'll always have your preferred number, but you won't have to worry about it getting lost in magicJack's system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: