Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Walk-through to configure a different softphone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
doncabrn
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:

thank you very much
I dont have it yet but its coming in the mail
i just bought it
im looking forward to it
thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
janapriya
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:

chagan wrote:


Try to setup your N95 using the instructions mentioned in this link
http://www.localphone.com/help/devices/nokia/n95
change
Public username to : sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
realim : UserDomainIpAddress
User name : EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Registrar Server Address : sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070

And it should work. Do let me know the result.


Thanks for the reply. Still It doesn't work.

Several configurations including following was attempted

Profile name: Magic
Service profile: IETF
Default access point: [my wifi account]
Public user name: sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
Use compression: No
Regristration: Always on
Use security: No

Proxy server:
Proxy server address:None
Realm: None
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070

Registrar server:
Registrar serv.addr.: sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX (once I place sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070, it automatically change back to sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX)
Realm: 6X.XXX.XXX.XX
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doncabrn
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject:

janapriya wrote:



Thanks for the reply. Still It doesn't work.

Several configurations including following was attempted

Profile name: Magic
Service profile: IETF
Default access point: [my wifi account]
Public user name: sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
Use compression: No
Regristration: Always on
Use security: No

Proxy server:
Proxy server address:None
Realm: None
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070

Registrar server:
Registrar serv.addr.: sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX (once I place sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070, it automatically change back to sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX)
Realm: 6X.XXX.XXX.XX
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070


I pm you about an alternate route. I guess you still have not configured it yet. pm me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
janapriya
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

doncabrn wrote:
janapriya wrote:



Thanks for the reply. Still It doesn't work.

Several configurations including following was attempted

Profile name: Magic
Service profile: IETF
Default access point: [my wifi account]
Public user name: sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
Use compression: No
Regristration: Always on
Use security: No

Proxy server:
Proxy server address:None
Realm: None
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070

Registrar server:
Registrar serv.addr.: sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX (once I place sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070, it automatically change back to sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX)
Realm: 6X.XXX.XXX.XX
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070


I pm you about an alternate route. I guess you still have not configured it yet. pm me


Some how it is not in my inbox. Could you please send me again?

regards,

J
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSG4REAL
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject:

SHOULDN'T you have t the proxy listed

you have it none but you have one with magicjack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chagan
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 03 Oct 2008
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject:

janapriya wrote:
chagan wrote:


Try to setup your N95 using the instructions mentioned in this link
http://www.localphone.com/help/devices/nokia/n95
change
Public username to : sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
realim : UserDomainIpAddress
User name : EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Registrar Server Address : sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070

And it should work. Do let me know the result.


Thanks for the reply. Still It doesn't work.

Several configurations including following was attempted

Profile name: Magic
Service profile: IETF
Default access point: [my wifi account]
Public user name: sip:EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01@talk4free.com
Use compression: No
Regristration: Always on
Use security: No

Proxy server:
Proxy server address:None
Realm: None
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070

Registrar server:
Registrar serv.addr.: sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX (once I place sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX:5070, it automatically change back to sip:6X.XXX.XXX.XX)
Realm: 6X.XXX.XXX.XX
User name: EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX01
Password: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5070


Well Nokia n95 has a STUN/NAT traversal problem . Therefore you will have to take care of that as mentioned in this link http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=nokia&start=0 . But I would suggest that you use a free SIP switch which allows you to manage your calling plans better. Such as Mysipswitch.com , which will allow you to register your MagicJack account and then you can configure nokia N95 to use the settings of MySIpSwitch.com instead of magicjack directly.

I hope this gets you to your goal.

P.S : if you are not computer savvy then try to use some other SIP aggregator. Also, you can use the Same MySIPswitch credentials on different mobile SIP clients like Fring (which has maximum password limit of 18 characters)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lakewell
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject:

If you use this with an ATA device or similar, does the 911 service still function correctly or at all?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsf
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
Location: San Francisco, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakewell wrote:
If you use this with an ATA device or similar, does the 911 service still function correctly or at all?


It _should_ since that location information would be set by the SIP provider on your account details, not your local hardware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lol, I was just browsinf a memory dumb from my magic jack when I came accross a reference to www.pissedconsumer.com. lol I'm very good at reverse engineering software and to me this is kinda fishy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject:

has anyone looked into using one of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/LINKSYS-SIP-VOIP-PHONE-ADAPTOR-PAP2-PAP2-NA-UNLOCKED_W0QQitemZ280291562702QQihZ018QQcategoryZ61840QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagicHack
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 241

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject:

zmaddmattz wrote:
lol, I was just browsinf a memory dumb from my magic jack when I came accross a reference to www.pissedconsumer.com. lol I'm very good at reverse engineering software and to me this is kinda fishy.

That's just one of your IE favorites being pulled into the magicJack memory space due to the fact that they use IE (the left portion of the softphone).

zmaddmattz wrote:
has anyone looked into using one of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/LINKSYS-SIP-VOIP-PHONE-ADAPTOR-PAP2-PAP2-NA-UNLOCKED_W0QQitemZ280291562702QQihZ018QQcategoryZ61840QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem


Yes, once you have your credentials, those will work nicely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
slimenem
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: cant find the pmdump file

im on vista 64 and i cant find the pmdump file it says that it already exists when i try to do it again. anyone help? plz! got the file but cant find any password or any of the info please help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zmaddmattz
MagicJack Contributor


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject:

MagicHack wrote:

That's just one of your IE favorites being pulled into the magicJack memory space due to the fact that they use IE (the left portion of the softphone).


Not in my favorites, maybe my history. I just thought it was weird because I don't really see and of the usual call signs of Microsoft's webbrowser control that is used in almost all Microsoft compatible programing languages. Which probably means they explicitly use IE in their software. (I must have visited that pissedconsumer site) so theoretically without IE installed the program will either not run or not display their ads.

I'm a conspiracy nut, a couple a months ago before I got the magic jack I was reading allot of articles of people downing it. I almost was believing that if you visit that site and bad mouth the magic jack your service would get worse LOL.

_____________________________________________________

Word to the wise, magic jack has native api code that accesses the registry and makes hidden entries. using native api can totally bypass almost all commercial and personal firewalls\virus protection and debuggers.

You don't even need the dump to get the sip details (its all in the registry).
I wrote a program that with the click of a button you receive your sip info. I will not be releasing it though. sooner or later Trojans and Malware will be looking for this information.

It sucks to think this way but soon the magic jack is going to be locked down so bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pola1
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject:

zmaddmattz wrote:
MagicHack wrote:

That's just one of your IE favorites being pulled into the magicJack memory space due to the fact that they use IE (the left portion of the softphone).


Not in my favorites, maybe my history. I just thought it was weird because I don't really see and of the usual call signs of Microsoft's webbrowser control that is used in almost all Microsoft compatible programing languages. Which probably means they explicitly use IE in their software. (I must have visited that pissedconsumer site) so theoretically without IE installed the program will either not run or not display their ads.

I'm a conspiracy nut, a couple a months ago before I got the magic jack I was reading allot of articles of people downing it. I almost was believing that if you visit that site and bad mouth the magic jack your service would get worse LOL.

_____________________________________________________

Word to the wise, magic jack has native api code that accesses the registry and makes hidden entries. using native api can totally bypass almost all commercial and personal firewalls\virus protection and debuggers.

You don't even need the dump to get the sip details (its all in the registry).
I wrote a program that with the click of a button you receive your sip info. I will not be releasing it though. sooner or later Trojans and Malware will be looking for this information.

It sucks to think this way but soon the magic jack is going to be locked down so bad.


Shold I get that info . how to get sip info from magicjack now?I have usb majicjack just for few hrs to test from one of the user.

pls pm any special soft as you said you designed programmed

thank you

Pola

P.S : I got succeded to get SIP info of magicjack. thanks to allthe friends and admins and modes for the wonderfull support.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john-doe-0007
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject:

can someone help me get my info from my MJ just got it today.

please! thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakewell wrote:
If you use this with an ATA device or similar, does the 911 service still function correctly or at all?


Who wants to test it out Very Happy

Kumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Oh also.... Where is the thread with all the MJ proxys? I was looking for them the other day and I could not find it. If an admin or mod is reading this and finds it please sticky and lock it! It is real handy info, but just an idea.

Kumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cowslip2
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Does X-lite still work?

Can Anybody tell me if Xlite still works? I have my pasword, user and proxy information. I put it in Xlite and I get a 503 error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuffaloChuck
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 16 Dec 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping to see responses to Kumar's "Where are they?" question so I'll keep this going...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toalan
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I just got it to work today without much effort.

1. use pmdump to dump out the magicjack process, and open it in notepad
2. Do a search for "ProxyUserName=E", that will get you the user name
3. Do a search for "ProxyUserPassword=", that will get you the password
4. Do a search for "SIPProxyURI=" that will get you the IP, the format of the IP address should be something like, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5070

I am not sure if my way is the best way, it was pretty much what I did. There are a whole bunch of IP addresses where the "SIPProxyURI=" is, I just used the first one that popped up.

I got it working with Linksys PAP2, and X-lite. The Linksys PAP2 is pretty sweet, it supports 2 separate VOIP lines at once, so I use one line for MJ and another for my Canadian VOIP provider.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Does X-lite still work?

cowslip2 wrote:
Can Anybody tell me if Xlite still works? I have my pasword, user and proxy information. I put it in Xlite and I get a 503 error.


Yes xlite works still once you have the info.... Read before you post lol:)

Peace
kumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 806

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject:

BuffaloChuck wrote:
I was hoping to see responses to Kumar's "Where are they?" question so I'll keep this going...



Ah.. after searching forever I found it! LOL


http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/proxy-servers-t116.html



Code:

proxy1.Atlanta.talk4free.com
proxy1.Austin.talk4free.com
proxy1.Baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy1.Boston.talk4free.com
proxy1.Chicago.talk4free.com
proxy1.Cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy1.Columbus.talk4free.com
proxy1.Dallas.talk4free.com
proxy1.Denver.talk4free.com
proxy1.Detroit.talk4free.com
proxy1.Houston.talk4free.com
proxy1.LasVegas.talk4free.com
proxy1.LosAngeles.talk4free.com
proxy1.Memphis.talk4free.com
proxy1.Minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy1.Nashville.talk4free.com
proxy1.NewYork.talk4free.com
proxy1.Newark.talk4free.com
proxy1.Philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy1.Phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy1.Pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy1.Portland.talk4free.com
proxy1.Sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy1.SaltLakeCity.talk4free.com
proxy1.SanDiego.talk4free.com
proxy1.SanFrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy1.Seattle.talk4free.com
proxy1.StLouis.talk4free.com
proxy1.Tampa.talk4free.com
proxy1.Washington.talk4free.com


And.. while I was at it i found a new one
Code:
proxy1.Miami.talk4free.com


Enjoy!

Kumar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cowslip2
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Does X-lite still work?

kumar wrote:
Yes xlite works still once you have the info.... Read before you post lol:)

Peace
kumar


Sorry, I had been reading all day and the last I read, they were saying it didn't. Guess I looked over where they said it was working again.. lol I assumed it was since people were still talking about doing it. But, since I was getting the error, I just wanted to make sure it worked.

Thanks for confirming. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregg
MagicJack User


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

kumar wrote:

And.. while I was at it i found a new one

Complete list (as of today) of all machines with proxy in their name on the talk4free.com domain: (as of now, I believe only the proxy1.xxx machines are up):
Code:
proxy1.atlanta.talk4free.com
proxy2.atlanta.talk4free.com
proxy1.austin.talk4free.com
proxy2.austin.talk4free.com
proxy3.austin.talk4free.com
proxy4.austin.talk4free.com
proxy5.austin.talk4free.com
proxy1.baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy2.baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy3.baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy4.baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy5.baltimore.talk4free.com
proxy1.boston.talk4free.com
proxy2.boston.talk4free.com
proxy3.boston.talk4free.com
proxy4.boston.talk4free.com
proxy5.boston.talk4free.com
proxy1.chicago.talk4free.com
proxy2.chicago.talk4free.com
proxy3.chicago.talk4free.com
proxy4.chicago.talk4free.com
proxy5.chicago.talk4free.com
proxy1.cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy2.cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy3.cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy4.cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy5.cleveland.talk4free.com
proxy1.columbus.talk4free.com
proxy2.columbus.talk4free.com
proxy3.columbus.talk4free.com
proxy4.columbus.talk4free.com
proxy5.columbus.talk4free.com
proxy1.dallas.talk4free.com
proxy2.dallas.talk4free.com
proxy3.dallas.talk4free.com
proxy4.dallas.talk4free.com
proxy5.dallas.talk4free.com
proxy1.dallasatt.talk4free.com
proxy2.dallasatt.talk4free.com
proxy1.denver.talk4free.com
proxy2.denver.talk4free.com
proxy3.denver.talk4free.com
proxy4.denver.talk4free.com
proxy5.denver.talk4free.com
proxy1.detroit.talk4free.com
proxy2.detroit.talk4free.com
proxy3.detroit.talk4free.com
proxy4.detroit.talk4free.com
proxy5.detroit.talk4free.com
proxy1.houston.talk4free.com
proxy2.houston.talk4free.com
proxy3.houston.talk4free.com
proxy4.houston.talk4free.com
proxy5.houston.talk4free.com
proxy1.lasvegas.talk4free.com
proxy2.lasvegas.talk4free.com
proxy3.lasvegas.talk4free.com
proxy4.lasvegas.talk4free.com
proxy5.lasvegas.talk4free.com
proxy1.losangeles.talk4free.com
proxy2.losangeles.talk4free.com
proxy3.losangeles.talk4free.com
proxy4.losangeles.talk4free.com
proxy5.losangeles.talk4free.com
proxy1.memphis.talk4free.com
proxy2.memphis.talk4free.com
proxy3.memphis.talk4free.com
proxy4.memphis.talk4free.com
proxy5.memphis.talk4free.com
proxy1.miami.talk4free.com
proxy2.miami.talk4free.com
proxy1.minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy2.minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy3.minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy4.minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy5.minneapolis.talk4free.com
proxy1.nashville.talk4free.com
proxy2.nashville.talk4free.com
proxy3.nashville.talk4free.com
proxy4.nashville.talk4free.com
proxy5.nashville.talk4free.com
proxy1.newark.talk4free.com
proxy2.newark.talk4free.com
proxy3.newark.talk4free.com
proxy4.newark.talk4free.com
proxy5.newark.talk4free.com
proxy1.newyork.talk4free.com
proxy2.newyork.talk4free.com
proxy1.philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy2.philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy3.philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy4.philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy5.philadelphia.talk4free.com
proxy1.phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy2.phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy3.phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy4.phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy5.phoenix.talk4free.com
proxy1.pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy2.pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy3.pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy4.pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy5.pittsburgh.talk4free.com
proxy1.portland.talk4free.com
proxy2.portland.talk4free.com
proxy3.portland.talk4free.com
proxy4.portland.talk4free.com
proxy5.portland.talk4free.com
proxy1.sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy2.sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy3.sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy4.sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy5.sacramento.talk4free.com
proxy1.saltlakecity.talk4free.com
proxy2.saltlakecity.talk4free.com
proxy3.saltlakecity.talk4free.com
proxy4.saltlakecity.talk4free.com
proxy5.saltlakecity.talk4free.com
proxy1.sandiego.talk4free.com
proxy2.sandiego.talk4free.com
proxy3.sandiego.talk4free.com
proxy4.sandiego.talk4free.com
proxy5.sandiego.talk4free.com
proxy1.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy2.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy3.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy4.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy5.sanfrancisco.talk4free.com
proxy1.seattle.talk4free.com
proxy2.seattle.talk4free.com
proxy3.seattle.talk4free.com
proxy4.seattle.talk4free.com
proxy5.seattle.talk4free.com
proxy1.stlouis.talk4free.com
proxy2.stlouis.talk4free.com
proxy3.stlouis.talk4free.com
proxy4.stlouis.talk4free.com
proxy5.stlouis.talk4free.com
proxy1.tampa.talk4free.com
proxy2.tampa.talk4free.com
proxy3.tampa.talk4free.com
proxy4.tampa.talk4free.com
proxy5.tampa.talk4free.com
proxy1.washington.talk4free.com
proxy2.washington.talk4free.com
proxy3.washington.talk4free.com
proxy4.washington.talk4free.com
proxy5.washington.talk4free.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
az2008
MagicJack Sensei


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 1404
Location: Tempe, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Gregg wrote:
Complete list (as of today) of all machines with proxy in their name on the talk4free.com domain: (as of now, I believe only the proxy1.xxx machines are up):


How did you generate this list? If I wanted to generate it in a month, how would I do that? (I'm thinking it would be good to keep a list like this on the wiki).

Do you think the 2-5 servers are being used, but proxy1 is just a load balancer?

Mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adolf
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
How did you generate this list? If I wanted to generate it in a month, how would I do that? (I'm thinking it would be good to keep a list like this on the wiki).

Do you think the 2-5 servers are being used, but proxy1 is just a load balancer?

Mark



LOL He Works for YMax.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
kqureshi2875
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Problem with Xlite

Can someone help me out with my X lite. I got my userpassword, username, and everything else I need. but whenver I put in my credentials in X-lite I get a Registration error:401- Unauthorized. Can someone help? What am I doing wrong..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msiam
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 15 Nov 2007
Posts: 474
Location: WI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

What are your entries on the account page?? Then your Topology page?? then the Security page?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
necrocytosis
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

On Jan 1st I noticed that I was getting "Authorization Failed" in Eyebeam, the softphone I've been using with my MagicJack SIP login. I dug my MJ out of the drawer it was in and plugged it in. It updated itself and works fine, but after several (a great many!) attempts, I have been unable to get the new SIP credentials using pmdump.

I am assuming that they changed login info on a wide scale across the system and released an update to the magicjack softphone that prevents people from acquiring the credentials in this way. Has anyone else had this same problem? Has anyone found a new way to discover the login info?

Thanks.

-Edit: Nevermind. I just made one final attempt and got the new info. They just changed the password, I guess. The trick is to get the dump at just the right moment when the magicjack softphone is barely loading up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jeremyg
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: question about configuring sjphone with mj info

hello and thanks for all this wonderful info. I haven't read all the way through the post here but it caught my eye because of beeing able to use mj with xlite. I have tried out several different softphones and unfortunitly sjphone was my best options do to me beeing visually impaired. Problem I am having is, what are the differences from the fields in xlite and the fields in sjphone and it what fields to I put my mj info. xlite was easy to get going for me but as I said, it just had to much graphics for me to use. If anyone could give me an example of info and what fields I need to put it in, that would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas of other software that may work for me as well as sj does would also be great. I am just looking for something that's simple to use, easy to navigate through either using arrows or tabbing and that has the features I will/may need. Thanks again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seti007
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Hi All,
This is a great and informative thread Thanks to everyone that has posted here I have been able to use my MJ credentials to work with xlite and make calls alright. However, i cant get the usb dongle to work I do not see a "YMax MagicJack USB Device" device in my device manager. I do see a "USB composite device" in the device manager that shows up as soon as the MJ dongle is plugged in. IN Xlite the only usb device I see is "USB audio device" and selecting that does not work. The softphone that came with MJ works fine though Any ideas as to how i can get the YMax MagicJack USB Device to show up in teh device manager?
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arcadia2uk
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject:

X-Lite is replacing both the Dongle and the MJ softphone, since you manually have enteried the data retrieved from MJ.

So, if you decide to work with a different softphone you have decided to work dongleless, and enter your credentials directly into the softphone. You should disconnect your Dongle in order to avoid creating conflicts between the two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 829
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject:

seti007, as I began this reply I was wondering why you would want to ditch MJ's softphone while keeping the MJ dongle. Am I right in assuming that you want to use the dongle with X-Lite so that you can enjoy X-Lite's ability to have as many as three simultaneous conversations across as many as ten different VoIP services? If this is your goal, please read on.

You now have MJ working on your X-Lite and that gives you more options than before, just not with the actual MJ dongle. As you noted, the MJ dongle is a composite device that incorporates a U3 thumbdrive and a TigerJet USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter in the same package. You have just replicated the U3 part of the dongle inside X-Lite and now you need to replicate or replace the TigerJet part.

Unfortunately, nobody has yet figured out how to disable the U3 part and directly access the TigerJet part of the dongle. The good news is that you can now use [almost] any USB phone or USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter on the market to complete your solution. In fact, TigerJet sells a USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter under their CUPhone name. I have been using these devices since 2001, and they work great. Once you hook up an adapter like this to your PC, X-Lite will recognize it and you will be able to assign both the audio device and the ring device in X-Lite to work with that dongle or USB phone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seti007
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject:

mberlant wrote:
seti007, as I began this reply I was wondering why you would want to ditch MJ's softphone while keeping the MJ dongle. Am I right in assuming that you want to use the dongle with X-Lite so that you can enjoy X-Lite's ability to have as many as three simultaneous conversations across as many as ten different VoIP services? If this is your goal, please read on.

You now have MJ working on your X-Lite and that gives you more options than before, just not with the actual MJ dongle. As you noted, the MJ dongle is a composite device that incorporates a U3 thumbdrive and a TigerJet USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter in the same package. You have just replicated the U3 part of the dongle inside X-Lite and now you need to replicate or replace the TigerJet part.

Unfortunately, nobody has yet figured out how to disable the U3 part and directly access the TigerJet part of the dongle. The good news is that you can now use [almost] any USB phone or USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter on the market to complete your solution. In fact, TigerJet sells a USB-to-RJ11 telephone adapter under their CUPhone name. I have been using these devices since 2001, and they work great. Once you hook up an adapter like this to your PC, X-Lite will recognize it and you will be able to assign both the audio device and the ring device in X-Lite to work with that dongle or USB phone.


mberlant, Thankyou for you quick and thorough response. That totally explains what I need to do. I will look into getting a USb-to_RJ11 adapter and using XLITe instead of the MJ softphone.
I have an unlocked spa2102 (from sunrocket) that I might try to get to work to eliminate the PC running 24/7 altogether.
I did have one Q. I have a softphone working beautifully using the MJ login and pass on my windows mobile phone. Do U think magicjack might cancel my service if ever, by mistake, both the MJ dongle and the softphone is used at the same time? like I use it to make a call and someone at home tried to place a call as well.
Many thanks again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seti007
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject:

arcadia2uk wrote:
X-Lite is replacing both the Dongle and the MJ softphone, since you manually have enteried the data retrieved from MJ.

So, if you decide to work with a different softphone you have decided to work dongleless, and enter your credentials directly into the softphone. You should disconnect your Dongle in order to avoid creating conflicts between the two.

Thanks for your response. I guess I was a bit confused but I understand it now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJsphone.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.16. Thanks to your support and help the code is much more clean and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hide the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJacks softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dynamik
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject:

When i pick up calls that are calling me when i'm using xlite, the people on the other end can't seem to hear me. The only way they can hear me is if i call them. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aakimenko
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem, and only when not using MJ device. I tried all kinds of things, and nothing worked. Tried to use proxy1.(city).com, talk4free.com, 216.234.70.8:5070, etc. - nothing worked.

The only solution I found was to forward all calls to Line2 of my HT502, and use separate lines for outgoing (line1=MJ) and incoming=line2 (Gizmo+GoogleVoice) calls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 829
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:

You two don't happen to have forwarded any ports on your routers in an effort to make MJ (or another VoIP service) work better? If so, it is very likely that the talk paths of your incoming calls are being forced to that other device, whether it still exists or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aakimenko
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject:

No ports are forwarded. Before they changed passwords several months ago everything was working perfectly well; other services work fine (like gizmo or internetcalls.com); same problem on both X-ten & VOIP box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mp3Gamer00
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject:

http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/MJMgr.zip

This program has been updated to v1.1.19. Thanks to your support and help the code is much stronger and efficient. magicJack Phone Manager not only hides the magicJack softphone but now allow you to make phone calls, check voice mail and more while keeping magicJack's softphone hidden.
I wrote this program in VB6. It does everything I need. It hides the magicJack softphone and it never steals focus, it removes all banners from the softphone and also removes the Google link. I have included the source code in the zip file. Feel free to steal the code and share it so long as you make improvements. Let me know if i am missing anything important from the program. Enjoy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MasterAce
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: In reply to the problem Getting the registration error

At the end of the proxy address enter :5070 it looks for the port .


example:....proxy1.chicago.talk4free.com:5070
i hope this helps>>>>Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deshwasi
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject:

can someone help me with a Sunrocket ATS 6011s config (its the phone+router combined model from Staples)? i cant figure out whats missing but it always says "NO LINE". I have successfully setup MJ on PAP2 so i know SIP info is correct.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aakimenko
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: In reply to the problem Getting the registration error

MasterAce wrote:
At the end of the proxy address enter :5070 it looks for the port .


example:....proxy1.chicago.talk4free.com:5070
i hope this helps>>>>Smile




Did all this before, still others can't hear me Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qwer1304
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject:

I successfully managed to make Xlite versions 2 and 3 to work with MJ credentials.

However, I couldn't make neither version to work with the MJ dongle. I tried various versions of TJinit, but the phone wouldn't ring, and Xlite wouldn't recognize on-hooks.

I tried the TigerJet SDK demo v13.13 and it successfully recognizes on-hooks, off-hooks and rings the phone.

Any ideas?

Thx,
D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
markosjal
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 27 May 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Majicjack hardware

I keep getting the majicjack softphone pop up. I read somewhere that the autorun could be renamed , but I think thatr does not work in my version. Would like to use MajicJack device witth Asterisk

any ideas?


ANyone tried SJphone or Ninja?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 784

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Majicjack hardware

markosjal wrote:
I keep getting the majicjack softphone pop up. I read somewhere that the autorun could be renamed , but I think thatr does not work in my version. Would like to use MajicJack device witth Asterisk

any ideas?


ANyone tried SJphone or Ninja?


Loads of ideas here but I have no hint as to what you are trying to accomplish. Could you be more specific? Softphone, Asterisk? Make up your mind.
Do you have your SIP creds yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB Ultra Turbo Extended Edition Live © 2001-9999, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.