Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Toy: GVOut Google Voice Outgoing Proxy Dialer (Windows)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: looks interesting

anant wrote:
Hi lj

This looks interesting. I had problem all along to register PAP2T with proxy: sipgate.com and outboundproxy 192.168.16.xxx:5060 . I always got a dial tone with proxy: sipgate.com and the outboundproxy fileld left blank.
Now with your dial plan, PAP2 registers and get dial tone since outboundproxy field left blank. . I have incorporated the above outbound proxy into your OUTBOUND dial plan as suggested.
Now we have to make this work.

I have dialed: #3 1 (area code) ( number) . After a long pause I get a busy tone. How could I proceed further to make my calling number ring and my call go thru ?

Need further help. Thanks in anticipation

anant

Hi anant, in order for this setup to work properly the proxy have to be running in your computer, and I dont think your proxy is running because you should be able to reg in any case, in case your proxy is not running you ATA in this case is going to register anyway but you will never be able to get a call back.

The proxy works like this

1. You dial a number.
2. You get a busy tone.
3. You hang up the Phone.
4. Your Phone start ringing.
5 You pick up the Phone
6. You heard the ring calling the other person.
7. You start talking when they pick up.

You should go to the first page of this post and download the new GVOut proxy than az1324 posted and do some debugging Using your Command Prompt.

Also once you get your Proxy working copy my dial plan you don't need to dial #3 or a 1 just the 10 digict number you want to call.

Good luck again
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Josemiami wrote:
Code:
(411S0|911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.0.101:5060|011!)

When I saw the 411 addition to your dial plan, I assumed that Google Voice would probably dial Google411, but it doesn't. Instead, you get a message saying 'This number is not available for callback'. Apparently Google Voice wasn't clever enough to convert it to (800) 466-4411 and want to make sure they don't get billed for MABELL's 411 service.

You can convert it in the PAP2, however, by adding the following term to your dial plan:

Code:
<411:18004664411>S0 |
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Sorry my bad you are right.

Thank you.
lj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Josemiami wrote:

And here is my dial plan, I am dialing from my cordlessphone with this dial plan you dont have to dial the #3 or the 1
I works perfect just dial the 10 digits number.

Code:
(911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.0.101:5060|011!)

Glad to see it works.. The only reason I originally specified the #3 is so it doesn't interfere with the existing dialplan. If you don't have any other entries in the dialplan above you can't use your existing provider if needed. For some people this is fine but I just wanted to give an example to make it 100% independent and make it a choice(by dialing #3) to use the GVOut app on demand basically. So if the computer running GVOut is off the Linksys ATA still can place outbound calls if needed through the existing provider.
anant
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Need a working link for AZ1324 GVOT debug program.

Can someone provide me with working link to AZ1324's GVOUT debug version. The following link does not work and it has errors in MediaFire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
az1324 wrote:
Here is a debug version http://www.mediafire.com/?2hvjztmmkmj

Just run from command line as "gvout d"

There isn't a ton of debugging info because it's a simple program.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in anticipation

anant
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a working link for AZ1324 GVOT debug program.

anant wrote:
Can someone provide me with working link to AZ1324's GVOUT debug version. The following link does not work and it has errors in MediaFire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
az1324 wrote:
Here is a debug version http://www.mediafire.com/?2hvjztmmkmj

Just run from command line as "gvout d"

There isn't a ton of debugging info because it's a simple program.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in anticipation

anant

you have an old link. use the one in the first post of this thread.
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Just copy the link and use internet explorer Firefox will give you and error.
anant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Need a working link of debug version of GVOUT

I am getting this error when I did copy&paste in browser or click
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally I started out with the first link on this thread. I understand there is a new version with debugging. I am trying to access that link. Can you kindly give me a working link please ?

Thanks
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a working link of debug version of GVOUT

anant wrote:
I am getting this error when I did copy&paste in browser or click
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally I started out with the first link on this thread. I understand there is a new version with debugging. I am trying to access that link. Can you kindly give me a working link please ?

Thanks

The link in the first post is the latest and greatest. AZ1324 upated it when he released a new version.
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by request.

Last edited by Josemiami on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by request

Last edited by Josemiami on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
anant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Need little clarification on GVOUT

Thanks for the link It works.

This new GVOUT screen has 2 new parameters to be filled in such as

Delay (ms) and Busy signal.

How do I deal with these ?

Sorry for my too many questions.
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need little clarification on GVOUT

anant wrote:
Thanks for the link It works.

This new GVOUT screen has 2 new parameters to be filled in such as

Delay (ms) and Busy signal.

How do I deal with these ?

Sorry for my too many questions.

1. If 'Use Busy Signal' is NOT checked, you will hear silence after you dial a number and GVOut will wait until you hang up before initiating the Google Voice callback request. 'Delay (ms)' is ignored in this case.

2. If 'Use Busy Signal' IS checked, you will hear a busy signal after you dial a number and GVOut will wait the 'Delay (ms)' time (in milliseconds : 1000 ms = 1 second) before initiating the Google Voice callback request. You must have hung up by the time Google Voice makes its callback or your call will be abandoned.
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject:

Latest Version Pics:

Last edited by Josemiami on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: GVOUT d not working

Now I got the debug version of GVOUT in place.
After filling with data and typing in cmd line gvout d , I get error GVOUT is not recognized as an internal/ external command.

I have set the delay to 10000 ms and checked the busy signal. Of course I was not getting call back. I need to debug this GVOUT. What is the typical delay in ms used ? What is the right moment to grab the GVOUT debug data ?

Need help.
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: GVOUT d not working

anant wrote:
Now I got the debug version of GVOUT in place.
After filling with data and typing in cmd line gvout d , I get error GVOUT is not recognized as an internal/ external command.

I have set the delay to 10000 ms and checked the busy signal. Of course I was not getting call back. I need to debug this GVOUT. What is the typical delay in ms used ? What is the right moment to grab the GVOUT debug data ?

Need help.

OK anant you have to copy gvout.exe to your root directory it should be C:/

then open your Command Prompt and do a cd / so you are in the C:/
directory and then type gvout d

Set the delay to 1000 ms

Also make sure you use your correct GV user name and password.

Just look at the pic I have Posted.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: little progress on debug output

Thanks a lot for your soon feeding kind of help.

c:\> gvout d
c:\>
starting proxy on port 5060
Object reference not set to an instance of object

Athis point I hit enter and GVOUT screen pops up and I start and stop and make a call and hang up and the above msg repeats.

I have GVOUT parameters set as follows.

Port 5060
Sipserver sipgate.com
phone 415639xxxx
GV username xxxxxx
GV password YYYYY
Delay in ms 1000 busy checked
save settings checked
stop

The sipgate phone with the above telephone number is added to GV account and is verified. I used the GV username and pw used to access my GV account.

Need further help
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Hey This working

Hi Jose:

This is working. I am getting a callback after busytone / hang up. I have tried a couple of test calls.

The mistake I made was in the dial plan you provided ( w/o dialing #3 and 1 before area code. I just copied yours. I just now corrected that with in PAP2T with my 192.169.16.xxx. It right away worked. It is now beyond doubt it is working. I am really thrilled after so much agony I went thru last 1 day. Your sustained help kept me going. Thank you so much.

I am so used to dialing a 1 before area code in all my phone. It would be great if the dial plan is a little tweaked to accept a 1 before area code.

anant
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hey This working

anant wrote:
I am so used to dialing a 1 before area code in all my phone. It would be great if the dial plan is a little tweaked to accept a 1 before area code.

Here's a dial plan that accepts 7 digits (local number), 10 digits (area code + number), or 11 digits (1 + area code + number) for US/Canada calling (no charge). Replace aaa with your area code. You can also make international calls by dialing 011 + country code + number (charges apply). 411 calls Google directory assistance (no charge). This should make you feel like you're using a normal telephone. It's optional, but you can also end your dialing with a #. This will speed up the calling process on local and international calls by letting the ATA know you've entered the last digit.

Code:
(<411:18004664411>S0 |<:1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |011xx.)

Note that there is a space after each 'S0'. This is required.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: dial plan

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Where would I put my outboundproxy 192.168.16.xxx:5060 in your dial plan ?
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: dial plan

anant wrote:
Where would I put my outboundproxy 192.168.16.xxx:5060 in your dial plan ?
You would have to put it in every term of the dial plan. I'm not a fan of using that approach and believe it belongs up in the Proxy settings area where there's a field for Outbound Proxy (plus setting 'Use Outbound Proxy' and 'Use OB Proxy in Dialog' both to Yes).
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Dial Plan

I was unable to get the Line 1 of PAP 2 registered with OUTBOUND PROXY of 191.168.16.xxx:5060. When I leave the field blank, it registers right away and get a dial tone. So I found the new dial plan which incorporates 192.168.16.xxx:5060 and allowing me to leave the outboundproxy field blank , gets me dial tone and able to make calls. I have just now tried once again filling the outboundproxy field with 192.xxxx , it just does not register. I would prefer your method if I can register. I do not seem to find where the problem lies. I am not able to get even the debug output.
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject:

Josemiami wrote:
Latest Version Pics:

an off topic question. what is _rnr_se? why the need to mask it?
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: A few questions on GVOUT running proxy

Hi :

My configuration:
cable modem -> DLINK Router -> Laptops ( wireless) 192.168.2.6

RTP300 - > comp1 192.168.16.xxx
-> comp2 192.168.16.YYY
-> PAP2 192.168.16.ZZZ

Note: LAN of DLINK is connected to WAN of RTP300. Both networks do not share.

At present I am running sipgate.com outboundproxy on comp-1 192.168.16.XXX .

My question: Can I have sipgate.com outbound proxy on 192.168.2.6 ? ( PAP-2T is not connected)

Another question:

If I use Line 1 of PAP2T for sipgate com and Line 2 of PAP-2T to say GIZMO, I presume we need to run outboundproxy on 2 different computers to get 2 different outbound proxyies . Am I correct.

AK3214 , Jose and all others contributions have been fantastic and have opened new avenues.

It would be great if we can get rid of of running proxies on specific computers and have a many GVOUTs for each VOIP provider hooked to the same GV acct. I know I am talking thru air.

anant
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject:

screenname wrote:

Interesting question, I am not sure but since the same number came up every time I make a call I think but not sure this number is part of your own GV sip credential or secret personal password, for that reason I am not taking any chances in showing it.
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject:

Josemiami wrote:
screenname wrote:

Interesting question, I am not sure but since the same number came up every time I make a call I think but not sure this number is part of your own GV sip credential or secret personal password, for that reason I am not taking any chances in showing it.

Look at the code in google voice mobile https://www.google.com/voice/m

Code:
<form class="c14" method="post" action="/voice/m/callsms"><input type="hidden" name="_rnr_se" value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>
    <div>
      <input type="text" name="number" size="14"/>
      <input type="submit" name="call" value="Call"/>
    </div>
  </form>
lj
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: dial plan

JFMuggs wrote:
I'm not a fan of using that approach and believe it belongs up in the Proxy settings area where there's a field for Outbound Proxy (plus setting 'Use Outbound Proxy' and 'Use OB Proxy in Dialog' both to Yes).

What on earth? Why would you prefer to have all SIP traffic going through some app on a pc such as REGISTER and NOTIFY requests. You turn off the pc or exit the app and your telephone no longer works for outgoing calls and once the REGISTER expires you lose all incoming calls. Also if someone has 911 setup to be sent via the configured provider you just sent that to the outbound proxy that intercepts the call and sends it to Google.Shocked

Just to be clear the only thing that needs to happen here is a single INVITE is sent to the proxy and the proxy responds with a single 4xx response. The app sends the GV request and no longer needs to be in the picture. That is all the communication that is needed between the ATA and the proxy.

Last edited by lj on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Yep, laserjob That is your name personal ID, and you don't want to show.

Thank you for clarifying.
digitize
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject:

"What on earth? Why would you want all SIP traffic going through some app on a pc such as REGISTER and NOTIFY requests. You turn off the pc or exit the app and your telephone no longer works for outgoing calls and once the REGISTER expires you lose all incoming calls. Also if someone has 911 setup to be sent via the configured provider you just sent that to the outbound proxy that intercepts the call and sends it to Google."

Are you saying that you do not need GVout running on the pc when modifying the dail plan in the ATA? If not I think the outbound proxy setting in the ATA is a better approach than modifying the dial plan to include the proxy destination.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Back to square one - not getting call back

Hi Jose:

Not getting call back after hangup. It was ok in the morn for 3-4 test calls. We need to debug GVOUT which is not giving me any debug output. The following is all I get when I type gvout d on c:\ prompt.

object reference not set to an instance of an object

Starting proxy on port 5060

Need further debugging.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: used your dial plan

I have copied your dial plan with my outbound proxy.

(<411:18004664411>S0 |911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.16.XXX:5060|011!)
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Back to square one - not getting call back

anant wrote:
Hi Jose:

Not getting call back after hangup. It was ok in the morn for 3-4 test calls. We need to debug GVOUT which is not giving me any debug output. The following is all I get when I type gvout d on c:\ prompt.

object reference not set to an instance of an object

Starting proxy on port 5060

Need further debugging.

You are probably running more than one instances of GVOut, in your case just power off the computer and start GVOut d in the command prompt again.

I hope it helps
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Az1324, Any thoughts on porting it to DD-WRT? It will work for me if it is ported to Debian too.
Thanks.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: GVOUT d not working

Hi Jose:

Restarted the comp and c:\ gvout d

GVOUT screen pops up and started GVOUT

and nothing further comes
Everytime I start GVOUT I get the same starting -------port 5060 msg.
and nothing further.

I am lost
Josemiami
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: GVOUT d not working

anant wrote:
Hi Jose:

Restarted the comp and c:\ gvout d

GVOUT screen pops up and started GVOUT

and nothing further comes
Everytime I start GVOUT I get the same starting -------port 5060 msg.
and nothing further.

I am lost

That is exactly what you should get, have you try to make a call it should work now.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: I get busy tone no call back

I get busy tone no call back
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject:

This the dial plan in my PAP2T

Need callback
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: not getting busy tone

sorry mistake happened. My computer IP address has changed when I last power cycled my router. I have changed it in the dial plan. Now I am not getting busy tone.
something wierd happening.
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: dial plan

lj wrote:
What on earth?

For many of us, we can't get registered unless we use GVOut's IP address in the Outbound Proxy field and set 'Use Outbound Proxy' to Yes.

Without GVOut as the Outbound Proxy, here's the debug display:

Code:
Starting Proxy on port 5060
Client connection from 198.65.166.131
Client Sent: SIP/2.0 405 Not supported
Client Sent: SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized

Note that GVOut reports a client connection from 198.65.166.131, which is proxy01.sipphone.com, followed by endless 405 Not supported/401 Unauthorized responses. The PAP2 never gets registered and no calls can be initiated or received.

With GVOut as the Outbound Proxy, here's the debug display:

Code:
Starting Proxy on port 5060
Client connection from 192.168.1.145
Client Sent: REGISTER sip:proxy01.sipphone.com SIP/2.0
Server Sent: SIP/2.0 200 OK
Client Sent: NOTIFY sip:192.168.1.100:5060 SIP/2.0
Server Sent: SIP/2.0 408 Request Timeout

The PAP2 is immediately registered and everything works as advertised.

I suspect all this has something to do with a routing issue (I'm using a WRT54G + tomato v1.25 firmware). It apears that without routing all SIP traffic through GVOut, all responses from proxy01.sipphone.com still go to GVOut who then mistakenly identifies him as a SIP client rather than a SIP proxy server (and the PAP2 never gets the response to his REGISTER request.)

I confess, I'm not knowledgeable of the low-level aspects of the SIP protocol, so I'm shooting from the hip here.

Last edited by JFMuggs on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

anant wrote:
This the dial plan in my PAP2T

You're missing a trailing '>'. It should be:

Code:
<:@192.168.16.XXX:5060>
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Now working.

Hi Jose:

Now everything working. Som ehow c:\ gvout d complained of no file.

I reinitiated and entered GVOUT screen again. After that I get busy tone followed by callback and then call out.

My mistake was in not replacing the correct IP address of my computer in the dial plan.

Thanks Jose for all your help. When u have time I would appreciate if you could tweak a little of the dial plan so that I can dial with a 1 in the beginning.

anant
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Dial plan discrepancy

Hi JF Muggs:
I just copied the dial plan from JOSEMIAMI in page 8 of this thread. It does not have a trailing > next to 5060 as seen below.

Code:
(<411:18004664411>S0 |911!|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.169.105:5060|011!)

I do not know enough about these dial plans. Jose ahould defend and post a revised dial plan.
It looks it may have to have a trailing > as you pointed out.

Thanks in pointing out this.

anant
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: dial plan change

HI JF MUGGS:

I have changed the dial plan with the suggested change , It is working. With or without the change it is working.
Thanks

anant
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: A couple of questions

I have a couple of questions..

Q1:
Does the GVOUT proxy required to be run on a computer which is part of the same network as PAP2T ? Or can it be run on a laptop not in the network ?

Q2:
I want to use 2 different VOIP providers say Line 1 of PAP2T with sipgate.com and Line 2 with say Gizmo ? How do I handle GVOUT on 2 different computers for each to obtain 2 different OUTBOUND proxy addresses ? Just curious.

anant
anant
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: dial plan change

anant wrote:
I have changed the dial plan with the suggested change , It is working.

Here's the previous dial plan I suggested if you'd like 7, 10, or 11 digit US/Canada calling plus international calling if you're NOT using an Outbound Proxy server:

Code:
(<411:[email protected]>S0 |<:1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>S0 |1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>S0 |011xx.<:@192.168.1.100>)

Don't forget to change aaa to your area code and 192.168.1.100 to your GVOut PC's IP address.
az1324

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Ok new version that will prevent it from detecting the server as the client. Sorry about that. This should let people use the dialplan method if they want.

Please try not to post quoted links or mirrored files so that the latest version can be always in the first post and no confusion.
anant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: dial plan not using outbound proxy server

Hi JF Muggs:

I have tested your dial plan. It is working with or without 1 in the front. It serves my purpose well. Thanks for your help.

anant
screenname
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject:

az1324 wrote:
Ok new version that will prevent it from detecting the server as the client. Sorry about that. This should let people use the dialplan method if they want.

Please try not to post quoted links or mirrored files so that the latest version can be always in the first post and no confusion.

to cut down on confusions, maybe you can have some kind of revision info as part of the filename. At least the zip file?
Thank you again.
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:

screenname wrote:
az1324 wrote:

to cut down on confusions, maybe you can have some kind of revision info as part of the filename. At least the zip file?
Thank you again.

There is a verion number in the EXE file which you can see by right-clicking and selecting the Properties -> Version tab.

I agree that the ZIP file name should reflect this version number also.
JFMuggs
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject:

With the latest version that az1324 posted, things have changed considerably for the better (for PAP2 users at least) since the first release. I now agree with lj's earlier post that no Outbound Proxy should be used. This allows incoming calls to continue to work even if GVOut is not running (GVOut is only required for outgoing calls).

PAP2 configuration should be much simpler (as in typical) now. The following is my current PAP2 settings which appear to be working very reliably. These assume Gizmo5 as your SIP server and a GVOut PC IP address of 192.168.1.100. If you're using sipgate or another SIP server and/or your GVOut PC IP address is different, adjust accordingly:

Proxy: proxy01.sipphone.com

Outbound Proxy: <leave blank>

Use Outbound Proxy: no

Use OB Proxy In Dialog: no

User ID: 1747xxxxxxx

Password: *************

Use Auth ID: no

Auth ID: <leave blank>

Dial Plan:
Code:
(<411:[email protected]>S0 |<:1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>S0 |1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx<:@192.168.1.100>S0 |011xx.<:@192.168.1.100>)

Don't forget to change aaa to your area code and 192.168.1.100 to your GVOut PC IP address.

Make sure you have no port forwarding set in your router for the SIP port used (typically 5060). Also make sure DMZ is disabled in your router.

Thanks az1324!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: