Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Someone else Magic Jack

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Someone else Magic Jack

Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gashliquor
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack

koki00 wrote:
Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks




For the price of your own NEW magicjack why would you even need to buy a used one Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 420
Location: Utah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject:

You'd need to get that person's email and password in order to make it work, and MJ support won't give it to you for security reasons. Unless you can contact the original owner and get the info, methinks you wasted your money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lychy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 109

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack

gashliquor wrote:
koki00 wrote:
Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks




For the price of your own NEW magicjack why would you even need to buy a used one Shocked


I always wonder that when people post about buying a used one!
A brand new one is very cheap and you don't have to deal with the B.S. of a used one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject:

didn't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject:

koki00 wrote:
didn't know.


Exactly. And it's pretty silly for people to ask you that. If I bought an electronic gadget for a few bucks (hopefully that's all you paid), I doubt I would do a full internet search to check out the pros and cons first. After I couldn't get it to work I would probably find a nice friendly forum, ask a nice friendly question and be surprised at people asking me "why would you do that"? Duh, because I only paid $10 for it and decided to play around with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject:

THANK YOU!! that's exactly what happen, I only paid $15.00, and I was able to get from the person who sold me, his email and password. CASE SOLVED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject:

koki00 wrote:
THANK YOU!! that's exactly what happen, I only paid $15.00, and I was able to get from the person who sold me, his email and password. CASE SOLVED!


In case someone IS doing a search before buying a used device, $15 is the MOST I would pay for a used one. But if you can get the email and password, there is little risk. And if there is still time left on the other persons year of service, it's a bonus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject:

nailgunner wrote:
koki00 wrote:
THANK YOU!! that's exactly what happen, I only paid $15.00, and I was able to get from the person who sold me, his email and password. CASE SOLVED!


In case someone IS doing a search before buying a used device, $15 is the MOST I would pay for a used one. But if you can get the email and password, there is little risk. And if there is still time left on the other persons year of service, it's a bonus.

Even better if MH has the orig owner CC# on files so when it is time to renew the new owner doesnt get billed Smile Actually he should contact the orig owner and let him know to look out for that charge on his bill since that would be the right thing to do. I mean the orig owner could have said NO when asked for his email and password and was a nice guy about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject:

I just registered it to my name and CC for one year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject:

koki00 wrote:
I just registered it to my name and CC for one year.


Good for you that was the right thing to do.
Just for giggles I would still let the orig owner know to keep their eye out for when it was time to renew. In MJ's early days they have been known to double bill and such. Better safe than sorry as the saying goes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koki00
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject:

It was already expired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

koki00 wrote:
It was already expired


Ok then it sounds as if you are all set..

Have fun with your new toy..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Yea. Congratulations. And welcome to our personal hell called MagicJack. I'm sure we will be seeing lots of you in here. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
octajohnny
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2008
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject:

sorta off topic / wrong forum, but sorta related, so sorry in advance if this question has been answered already, but I don't frequent the forums that much. I tried searching and googling but couldn't find a definitive answer...

My magicjack broke (actually it broke because it wouldn't connect and all the chat rep had me do was take it in and out of the USB port, til I finally broke the USB casing). I had just renewed my sub for the next year.

So I got a hand me down, actually for a buck on Ebay Smile

Anyway, I think it was one of them that got banned for making too many outgoing calls. He gave me the phone #, password, etc, but it says no user / pass, and the magicjack itself says "no internet connection".

I can see the serial # by clicking on the icon and it's grey out and also says "unregistered".

Is there a way to mod the serial # to that of my active yet broken magicjack / transfer the number? The support techs just said I can only buy a new device for $20, but I figured if there was a workaround, I'd find it here, so this is the closest thread my searches led me too.

Again, apologies if off topic / wrong forum.

oj-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject:

im sure you could probably edit the files. i have found a full install program for magicjack.on their website. so if you formatted the drive. it could be put back on. maybe that will help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject:

hitandrun83 wrote:
im sure you could probably edit the files. i have found a full install program for magicjack.on their website. so if you formatted the drive. it could be put back on. maybe that will help.

You havent a clue on what the heck you are talking about...Edit WHAT files on the Dongle??? You cant format the MJ "drive" anymore. Again you havent a clue on what you are talking about..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 2844
Location: North East Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject:

octajohnny wrote:
sorta off topic / wrong forum, but sorta related, so sorry in advance if this question has been answered already, but I don't frequent the forums that much. I tried searching and googling but couldn't find a definitive answer...

My magicjack broke (actually it broke because it wouldn't connect and all the chat rep had me do was take it in and out of the USB port, til I finally broke the USB casing). I had just renewed my sub for the next year.

So I got a hand me down, actually for a buck on Ebay Smile

Anyway, I think it was one of them that got banned for making too many outgoing calls. He gave me the phone #, password, etc, but it says no user / pass, and the magicjack itself says "no internet connection".

I can see the serial # by clicking on the icon and it's grey out and also says "unregistered".

Is there a way to mod the serial # to that of my active yet broken magicjack / transfer the number? The support techs just said I can only buy a new device for $20, but I figured if there was a workaround, I'd find it here, so this is the closest thread my searches led me too.

Again, apologies if off topic / wrong forum.

oj-


Not sure if this will help you or not..

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/re-registering-majic-jack-t9284.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject:

pardon me, http://pcatr.im/K7 cannot format the drive? what does their doc say?
bitstopjoe, you are correct. C:\Users\youraccounthere\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\ is where i should have said. However i did not say anything about editing the files on the dongle. Thinking that maybe files where on the dongle, only hidden. Which they were, in the .exe files.

If it were me, i'd copy the sjblahblah.dll file from one mjusbsp folder, to the next and see what happens.
Since you had a magicjack already installed before, when you install the "blocked" one, I can only assume that it did another install. If this is the case, then you'll see, mjusbsp2.

or you could just send the magicjack to me, let me fix the thing for you for a small price and dont worry about the broken one. Send them both, then you can use the usb port from one to the other, that'll save on cost of parts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hitandrun83
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject:

https://web04.magicjack.com/my/subscription.html?myfocus=changeDevName i wonder if you changed the device name from your old one to the new one would fix it? Who knows, until you try it out. course you have to sign in and all that. Post what you find out.

edit
let me clarify before the gods of this forum harass me. you had a previous account, which you renewed the subscription. use that account, copy the number on that one and paste it in a notepad to save it. take your handme down ebay one's sn number and change the devname. If it works ill be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fa28
MagicJack Newbie


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: used MJ

Just bought a used MJ dongle at a Goodwill outlet for $0.12. I have no idea of previous owner's password or email, Which I'm asked for to log in to renew subscription.
Is there anything I can do with this, Does it have any value to anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me


Joined: 13 Oct 2009
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject:

GIVE YOUR USED OR EXPIRED MAGICJACK A BRAND NEW LIFE

Yes - you have at least 2 options for making use of that used/expired magicJack USB dongle without a MJ subscription: Skype or Whistlephone (or any other SIP protocol based VoIP provider and there are scores of them to choose from worldwide).

You can download the SkyjackPlugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com and use the magicJack USB dongle with Skype (http://www.skype.com) for placing calls with a regular phone. There are over 500 million Skype users worldwide.

Alternatively, you can download the XlitejackPlugin from http://www.pcphonesoft.com and use the magicJack USB dongle with Whistlephone (http://www.whistlephone.com) for placing calls with a regular phone. Whistlephone currently offer free U.S. calling and give you a free U.S. phone number. If they don't have a phone number in your area code available you can use it with a Google Voice number that is also free.

Using the SkyjackPlugin or XlitejackPlugin, calls are placed just like you do with a regular landline using your phone keypad. For incoming calls just answer your phone when it rings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freedom1911
magicJack Apprentice


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone else Magic Jack

koki00 wrote:
Hi I purchase an used M J, but I can not use it because I need to renew the subscription, and I need the person's email and password to activate it, is there any way to disable that and start all over like new subscription?
Thanks


In a word. No.

You will need the original owners acct info so you can access the acct and change it over to yours. Registration of the MJ will always be to the original owner, according to MJ that can not be changed.

Just wait for the new MagicJack Plus units to come out and buy them. You won't need any PC to run the MJ on, and the whole phone system (MJ/PC) will use much less power (Smaller electric bills) because of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB Ultra Turbo Extended Edition Live © 2001-9999, phpBB Group
magicJack and magicJack Plus are trademarks of magicJack LLP. This website is in no way affiliated, endorsed, or sponsored by magicJack LLP, and is an unofficial forum for consumers to openly communicate regarding their experiences with the magicJack products.