magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with MJ+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiro99
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Problem with MJ+ Reply with quote

my MJ+ was working well until I get a new phone ( Panasonic with answering device ) and it started giving me crap
so sometimes the orange led don't work
sometimes both the orange and the green don't work
I tried to go back to my old phone but the problem still exist
I have att uverse internet with Motorola NVG510 router
help plzzzz
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a long shot, but what's the REN of your new cordless base unit?

Look for the Ringer Equivalency Number (REN) on the bottom of the phone. Most modern phones have a REN of 0.0A or 0.0B. The "A" and "B" are unimportant. The zero means it draws little or no energy from the magicJack device in order to ring the phone. If you have several phones all connected to your magicJack and the total REN for all phones together (add them up) is above about 2.3 or more, phones tend not to ring.

What's the total REN for all your phones connected to the magicJack device? If you have a single cordless base device with several cordless extensions that depend on the base unit to work, the only REN that counts is that of the base unit.

Another possibility: If you disconnected the mJ+ device from ethernet and you used the black flat ethernet cord that came with the device, you may have damaged the ethernet connector on the magicJack device itself. The ethernet cord that comes with magicJack fits very badly. It gets stuck and you have to forcibly remove it, sometimes breaking the port on the device in the process. Is the ethernet port broken?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: